ADVERTISEMENT

Presidential debate

Point taken. I can't open the article, but I'll take your word for it.

If I was a world leader, and I wanted to push the US into a corner, I'd prefer Biden by POTUS.

When it comes to a debate, if Biden were to beat Trump at this point, I'd be really surprised. Since I won't be voting for either of them, it's really only about opinions on a message board for me.

If I was a world leader, and I wanted to push the US into a corner, I'd prefer Biden by POTUS.

When it comes to a debate, if Biden were to beat Trump at this point, I'd be really surprised. Since I won't be voting for either of them, it's really only about opinions on a message board for me.

I think Biden and Trump will debate. Posters--particular those that claim to not be Trump voters--ignore that Trump makes the equal amount of gaffes and mistakes. Moreover, Trump now has a record that can be attacked and debated. His 4 years was filled with overpromising and under performance, coupled with high deficits and low GDP growth.
Yet here you are, ignoring inflation, etc., that is wildly worse under Biden. You also ignore posters who point out Trump's failings and Biden's failings.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Quick question, is it normal for Biden to not debate any Dem opposition? I know Trump hasn't debated any opponents but does an incumbent normally debate?
For instance would Biden have normally debated Phillips, Williamson etc.?
I can't remember a incumbent doing debates...Carter didn't debate Kennedy who ran against him and got traction..

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Can you offer any support from that? Perhaps some public statements from world leaders?

You said "sure as hell". It should be pretty easy for you if you're that sure.

As I said previously, there are two types of world leaders, allies and foes. I'd venture a guess foes would prefer Biden. I have no idea about allies.

Can you offer any support from that? Perhaps some public statements from world leaders?

You said "sure as hell". It should be pretty easy for you if you're that sure.

As I said previously, there are two types of world leaders, allies and foes. I'd venture a guess foes would prefer Biden. I have no idea about allies.

Yet here you are, ignoring inflation, etc., that is wildly worse under Biden. You also ignore posters who point out Trump's failings and Biden's failings.
I disagree that it is wildly worse under Biden. We all agree the US would have faced inflation after the pandemic. The suggestion that the American Rescue Plan caused further increases is probably valid---most scholarly papers estimate an additional 2-3 percentage points. I would suggest, however, that a republican president would have passed a similar plan at that time.

All those saying the Donald will absolutely debate Biden apparently have not been paying attention to the 69 GOP primary debates he has dodged.
It's all about incentive. There was no incentive for him to debate in the primaries...runaway leader.

There will be plenty of incentive for him to debate in the general.

Reactions: goldmom
I disagree that it is wildly worse under Biden. We all agree the US would have faced inflation after the pandemic. The suggestion that the American Rescue Plan caused further increases is probably valid---most scholarly papers estimate an additional 2-3 percentage points. I would suggest, however, that a republican president would have passed a similar plan at that time.
Trump was actively pushing for that last payment. The GOP house and senate were not though.

Trump and Biden have drastically different foreign policy stances. Trump acts like the bully and tells allies to pay up or shut up. He also says a lot of harsh comments about their leaders and things happening in their countries. He isn’t diplomatic at all.

Biden is the traditional diplomat.

Both can work though

I've lost it because I asked you to back up your claim?

You produced something from after the 2020 election. A lot of people view Biden differently now. Can you provide anything supporting your position from the last 3 or 4 months?

Debate monitors would have a field day with Trump. Like explain specifically how you would end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours? Or why would you give Putin a blank check to invade a NATO country if they were delinquent in their NATO contributions? Or why have you refused to condemn Putin for his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine? Trump can't bs his way through a debate so there's no way he will ever show up.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Debate monitors would have a field day with Trump. Like explain specifically how you would end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours? Or why would you give Putin a blank check to invade a NATO country if they were delinquent in their NATO contributions? Or why have you refused to condemn Putin for his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine? Trump can't bs his way through a debate so there's no way he will ever show up.
Also, it's an opportunity for Biden, if he is capable, to box him into an anti-abortion absolutist--which is the burning bush issue for suburban woman (a group that may decide the election).

Why is everyone not seeing the big picture? Neither of these two should be President in 2025.

What are you talking about? Almost everyone sees and talks about this. But since there are only a select few in the drivers seat to put forward the options, the unwashed masses are left to pick between A vs B.

MAGA love MAGA overlord without pause. The other @35% of Rs are along for the ride. Biden doesn't have a ride or die fan club but most are "better than Trump" block. So 65% want Trump, the rest want anyone else to be an option.

But because Biden is the one, Ds fall behind him as he is far better than the egotistical, sexual battering, philanderer who has 91 active criminal charges pending and is losing his empire case by case.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Also, it's an opportunity for Biden, if he is capable, to box him into an anti-abortion absolutist--which is the burning bush issue for suburban woman (a group that may decide the election).
I’m pro choice but the issue is not even top 5 for me when it’s time to vote for POTUS. Way too many critical issues to consider.

It’s a state level issue now and it shouldn’t be more than a tiny bump in turnout.

What are you talking about? Almost everyone sees and talks about this. But since there are only a select few in the drivers seat to put forward the options, the unwashed masses are let to pick between A vs B.

MAGA love MAGA overlord without pause. The other @35% of Rs are along for the ride. Biden doesn't have a ride or die fan club but most are "better than Trump" block. So 65% want Trump, the rest want anyone else to be an option.

But because Biden is the one, Ds fall behind him as he is far better than the egotistical, sexual battering, philanderer who has 91 active criminal charges pending and is losing his empire case by case.
I get what you are saying, believe me.
But I am terrified of the fact that a majority of my fellow Americans cannot see that we’re being offered two geriatric clowns.

Reactions: 83Hawk
I’m pro choice but the issue is not even top 5 for me when it’s time to vote for POTUS. Way too many critical issues to consider.

It’s a state level issue now and it shouldn’t be more than a tiny bump in turnout.
I appreciate it is not a major issue for you. But the data and the fall 2023 election results in Ohio, and VA. The messaging needs to be strong and consistent that electing Tump and a GOP majority in Congress means a federal ban on all abortions--and you can use their words and actions to prove it. That's why you had people like JD Vance and Youngkin pleading the party to adopt a 15-week ban. But the party can't....

Horrible strategy on your part then as a world leader. You should have chosen the doormat and the path of least resistance.

And yet Trump won the general election. Successful debaters require mental agility, charisma and well-rehearsed strong positions. Trump supporters don't appreciate any of those things.

Because of the Anti-Clinton vote, not the Pro-Trump one

Question, if this moves back up to the Federal level of implementing ban / limits, does that change it's ranking for you?

IMO - step 1, undermine Roe v Wade (completed). step 2 test/implement bans at the state level (underway) Step 3, actively pursue a Federal level ban (beginning). This was my prediction and IMO we are already seeing this effort. Success doesn't negate the attempt.

Being that I have 2 young daughters, women's health care and rights have certainly moved up in my priority list of what legislation I support as I look at the country we are preparing to leave for their adulthood. Its not top, but it is certainly in my top 5.

I get what you are saying, believe me.
But I am terrified of the fact that a majority of my fellow Americans cannot see that we’re being offered two geriatric clowns.

Unfortunately, this is the situation. I will say, if MAGA had faded away, Trump wouldn't be able to run with the power and veracity he currently has.
I don't know for sure, but I do think Biden would be riding off into the sunset if he didn't feel like he needed to go for a rematch.

But I do agree, we have been offered 2 very old options, neither of which I wake up excited about. John Stewart had some funny clips about this on his latest show relaunch.

Reactions: goldmom
Question, if this moves back up to the Federal level of implementing ban / limits, does that change it's ranking for you?

IMO - step 1, undermine Roe v Wade (completed). step 2 test/implement bans at the state level (underway) Step 3, actively pursue a Federal level ban (beginning). This was my prediction and IMO we are already seeing this effort. Success doesn't negate the attempt.

Being that I have 2 young daughters, women's health care and rights have certainly moved up in my priority list of what legislation I support as I look at the country we are preparing to leave for their adulthood. Its not top, but it is certainly in my top 5.
We’re in a crisis situation on a global scale so abortion isn’t there for me.
If people would practice birth control we could avoid it almost altogether.

China
Taiwan
Russia
Iran
Open Borders
Wouldn't that be just foreign policy and the southern border? You still have 3 left. Also, open borders is bullshit unless all border patrol and stations are eliminated. That's just a talking point of the radical right.

Wouldn't that be just foreign policy and the southern border? You still have 3 left. Also, open borders is bullshit unless all border patrol and stations are eliminated. That's just a talking point of the radical right.
I’m answering a question about how I see things. You see things differently.

Biden’s team just passed on the opportunity to do a total puff piece interview on national TV during the superbowl.

They protect him from the medias questions post speeches. He does very little interviews and they are with very friendly news outlets.

They absolutely are not going to have him go on national tv at 8pm eastern time to debate Trump.
Come late summer and fall, we'll be seeing and hearing much less from Joe. It will be a repeat of his 2020 campaign.

Will Trump debate biden. Will trump tuck his tail and run away. Biggest coward I have ever seen. Biden cleans his clock if they debate. No chance this will ever happen.
Do you really believe this? I’m not a big fan of Trump or his antics but Biden has no business being on stage debating. Biden can barely form a sentence let alone a thought.

Truth is, 75% of Americans do not want a rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT