ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shit he got was BECAUSE of the comments he made, not the other way around. He took a dump on his recruiting class and future teammates as well.
I am not going to go back and forth with your dumbass, as there are read receipts available on twitter right when he decommitted. People were shitting not only on him, but his family as well. Making stuff like this personal is ridiculous.

It cracks me up when people use statements of certainty regarding matters of opinion. If there is any guarantee when it comes to an opinion, it's that not everyone will feel the same way.
I guess I'm making an assumption that all of us here, outside of the Debby trolls, want Iowa to succeed.

Would you like to make a bet that Kaden won’t be a top ten draft pick, like Wirfs and Alt?

Edit - I’ll even give you the entire first round.
#1 what type of bet would you like to make, no one here follows through with anything like this. I would happily throw $100 bucks toward the children's hospital for this.

#2 I never argued that Kaden was as good as Wirfs or Alt, that is the definition of a strawman.

I am not going to go back and forth with your dumbass, as there are read receipts available on twitter right when he decommitted. People were shitting not only on him, but his family as well. Making stuff like this personal is ridiculous.
Better go check the time stamps on those receipts. check the threads here while you’re at it. The bulk of it came after hecsaid what he did. Regardless, you're on record saying you’d be okay bringing someone in who was dishonest with the staff and shit all over his teammates. Dumbass.

#1 what type of bet would you like to make, no one here follows through with anything like this. I would happily throw $100 bucks toward the children's hospital for this.

#2 I never argued that Kaden was as good as Wirfs or Alt, that is the definition of a strawman.
You’re not keeping up here.

My entire point in not wanting him at Iowa is because Kaden and his mom think he’s a lot better than he actually is. He’s openly admitted that Wirfs is his favorite player. He wears #74 because of him - it’s who he thinks he’s best compared to. This is why I made the comparison.

Of course, as we can all see now, he’s no Tristan Wirfs. You point out that Tristan struggled his freshman year at right tackle but at no point were slow feet or his athleticism the issue. Same with Alt.

This is why I said Proctor isn’t worth the headache to bring back. His attitude and high opinion of himself paired with his slow feet and limited athleticism don’t make it worth the time or money.

And sure, $100 to the children’s hospital that Kaden Proctor isn’t a first round draft pick. I’ve owned all my bets on this site.

Last edited:
Why tell Iowa's coaches to !!!! off. It was not the coaches on twitter, maybe tell the fans, but the coaches and team. Do not agree.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Why tell Iowa's coaches to !!!! off. It was not the coaches on twitter, maybe tell the fans, but the coaches and team. Do not agree.
I don't remember him telling Iowa coaches off, and I fully agree that it was not a smart move. Also, I would make the comment that Iowa's offense has been a dumpster fire, not that Alabama's line play has been good.

My entire point in not wanting him at Iowa is because Kaden and his mom think he’s a lot better than he actually is. He’s openly admitted that Wirfs is his favorite player. He wears #74 because of him - it’s who he thinks he’s best compared to. This is why I made the comparison.

Of course, as we can all see now, he’s no Tristan Wirfs. You point out that Tristan struggled his freshman year at right tackle but at no point were slow feet or his athleticism the issue. Same with Alt.

This is why I said Proctor isn’t worth the headache to bring back. His attitude and high opinion of himself paired with his slow feet and limited athleticism don’t make it worth the time or money.

And sure, $100 to the children’s hospital that Kaden Proctor isn’t a first round draft pick. I’ve owned all my bets on this site.
He openly admitted that he didn't want to be compared to Wirfs. That is a huge pair of shoes to fill. Again, Strawman comments about Wirfs and Alt being better have nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

go check the time stamps on those receipts. check the threads here while you’re at it. The bulk of it came after hecsaid what he did. Regardless, you're on record saying you’d be okay bringing someone in who was dishonest with the staff and shit all over his teammates. Dumbass.
LMFAO, keep the great taeks coming. again, how would you respond?

Yes, I would be fine taking in a young man and shaping him the way that Kirk has with so many others. I think this program brings out the best in many of these kids, and I can be honest in saying it would do the same for him.

Looking at the state of our offensive line group you can’t really say that he was wrong.
Granted, he could have chosen a better way of saying it.
Not going to disagree with you at all. People, especially young kids make decisions that are trash.

Reactions: TnT_Hawks

Honest question, are you going to be pissed if Nick Brooks decides to recommit? He has slow feet.

LMFAO, keep the great taeks coming. again, how would you respond?

Yes, I would be fine taking in a young man and shaping him the way that Kirk has with so many others. I think this program brings out the best in many of these kids, and I can be honest in saying it would do the same for him.

What does this have to do with the bulk of that vitriol coming AFTER he made his comments. Obviously they'll always be grumbling dipshits after a decommit, as with any fan base.

Besides, you still think it's a good idea to bring in a guy who lied to the staff and dropped a steaming pile all over his future teammates. Talk about a great "taek".

What does this have to do with the bulk of that vitriol coming AFTER he made his comments. Obviously they'll always be grumbling dipshits after a decommit, as with any fan base.

Besides, you still think it's a good idea to bring in a guy who lied to the staff and dropped a steaming pile all over his future teammates. Talk about a great "taek".
Lied to the staff? By saying that he was committed? I have a much larger problem with what he said about his potential teammates. Also the Taek was spell that way on purpose boomer.

Lied to the staff? By saying that he was committed? I have a much larger problem with what he said about his potential teammates. Also the Taek was spell that way on purpose boomer.
I don't know what is funnier....the commitment assertion, or the part where you think I'm a boomer.

Proctor struggled early but after midseason he did a very solid job until the Michigan game.
If he works hard he will be a 1st rounder in 2 years.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Looking at the state of our offensive line group you can’t really say that he was wrong.
Granted, he could have chosen a better way of saying it.
I agree on both points. He just should not have even gone there in terms of a reason. Not saying he needed to say it was the $$ but he did not need to put others down so to speak.

Reactions: TnT_Hawks
Honest question, are you going to be pissed if Nick Brooks decides to recommit? He has slow feet.
No, definitely not but Brooks hasn’t burned Iowa the week of signing day to chase a bag, lying the entire way and leaving the Iowa coaches scrambling to replace him. Their recruitments have been wildly different.

Look, if by some chance Proctor left bama and the Iowa coaches wanted him, I wouldn’t be pissed about that either. It’s just my opinion that after all the history and baggage combined with the mediocre results year one, we’d be better off spending our time and money elsewhere.

So we good on $100 to the children’s hospital?

I guarantee those saying they don't want him would quickly change their tune if he were to enter the portal. 18 year olds and social media often lead to poor choices, plus if you were in his shoes, and Iowa "fans" were talking about your family and you personally, what would you say?
I know that I have no impact on him returning but I REALLY don't want him to come here. Yes, he would be a massive improvement to what we have, I'm aware as is everyone, but you can't say the things he did and expect to be treated with open arms. There are repercussions for ones actions. Other players like Charlie Jones etc. etc., I would want back immediately. Proctor, I don't ever want to come back without some sort of apology for the disrespect to the fans of our program, which I don't think would occur.

If he never dogged the program but still left, I'd have been okay with that. I absolutely understand the draw to play for titles as opposed to our program. To leave in the last minute and then trash the program...that's not okay. I won't be okay with that. There was no need, we know we're not Bama, he didn't need to add salt to the wound but he did, essentially unprovoked no less. He did because he could. That's not high character.

From what I understand, the the bridge is not burned with Proctor. The staff likes the kid. I don't think they care for the mom...but I know for a fact the door would be open if he wanted to come back.
Absolutely, I think they would take him immediately regardless of how many of us may or may not feel about it. I don't blame them, dude is talented and a position of need for us.

Reactions: peacehawk
From what I understand, the the bridge is not burned with Proctor. The staff likes the kid. I don't think they care for the mom...but I know for a fact the door would be open if he wanted to come back.
4 1/2 Pinocchio’s for you

No, definitely not but Brooks hasn’t burned Iowa the week of signing day to chase a bag, lying the entire way and leaving the Iowa coaches scrambling to replace him. Their recruitments have been wildly different.

Look, if by some chance Proctor left bama and the Iowa coaches wanted him, I wouldn’t be pissed about that either. It’s just my opinion that after all the history and baggage combined with the mediocre results year one, we’d be better off spending our time and money elsewhere.

So we good on $100 to the children’s hospital?
Absolutely good on the bet

Reactions: GlenHawk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT