ADVERTISEMENT

PROOF: AGE Is NOT the Issue

Age isn’t the end all be all, but when you are as nuts as trump you should not be able to run.

Every 'direct measure' you want to create will be judged flawed by anyone who sees their favorite excluded.

Can you imagine the denunciations Chis would level at any cognitive test Biden failed? Do you think he'd accept the results because you call them 'direct measures'?

Whereas age is objective.
We can tell if you're under 35, and we can tell if you'll be 70 in the final year of a four year term.

After FDR held the presidency until his death, tossing Washington's Cincinnation example onto the ash heap with so many other norms during his reign, the country fixed it to prevent President-for-Life from happening again.

I'm optimistic we can make another adjustment to correct this problem too.
We also know that as you age, your risk for health conditions increases as well.

Mental status changes are frequent side effects of health conditions and certain medications.
I see this kind of objection all the time and I really don't understand it.

You have mental status and you have age. There's a correlation in a population. Not in an individual. I posted the interview with Nader to illustrate that.

Which of those factors are we interested in? Mental status, right? And rightly so.

Why look at the correlate when you can look at the actual measure of interest. If you want to criticize Biden's mental fitness, do so with examples of his mental fitness, if you have some you think merit attention. Or test him.

You're talking with Kareem. Do you use the population average to guess his height, or do you trust your own eyes?
I think your lack of knowledge about the human body and medicine prevents you from understanding how this actually works.

A guy who works out at 70 does not have the same recovery time as a 30 year old. The brain acts in much the same way.

There are physiological changes that happen as you age. I have linked a site that discusses many of these changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT