ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue PBP Thread

Ughh, I hope he has a higher floor. You think he can beat Vito, Glory, or Nick? I get the lower.
Kid is a bad ass. Who knows?

2 of those 3 are in the same conference, and I have a hard time seeing the EIWA runner-up with the 2 seed at NCAAs. Plus 2 of those 3 are pulling a lot of weight. And Suriano might not have a lot of matches for seeding purposes. I don’t think it’s inconceivable that Drake could have a draw where he doesn’t see any of them until the finals. Or a draw where he hits one early and then runs into a lower seeded McKee type who has the muscle on him.

but my main point is this: Drake can likely hang with anyone in the country on their feet. He’s going to struggle with certain stylistic matchups.

A guy like KY we will know he’ll struggle with top seeds, have some tossups vs similar seeds and beat most seeded below him. With DA he might have a great matchup with some guys ranked above him and really struggle with some below him. Hence my feeling he has more variance. But the other caveat is that he seems to really be a gamer… So I guess we’ll see.

Last edited:
Blue line is associated with law enforcement. Which should never have any relation to milita

No hair that ratty, nor tattoos this douchey. Ironically, he got pretty punished:

30c560aa-c6b9-47dd-a013-23741fac0d57_1.c2b10fb886e8ffbf43dce72867a8333a.jpeg
Really? Seems like my department has quite a few of us that are former military, I don't know another profession that blends with LE more. Strange times though, thousands used to test for my department and now we can't even fill a class with qualified people. I was also under the impression that Iowa kind of embraced the red neck stereotype, or is that only for our wrestlers.

If we are talking wrestling, I thought he did a pretty good job as a freshman against one of our best. I wish some of our guys would go for it like he did against top contenders rather than not taking a shot an entire match. Maybe that is just me. I think he learned some things and kept it close for a period and I could see him being an AA this year especially if can beat people like Labriola again.

My last point, I thought only douches were critical of college athletes based on solely their appearance.

Reactions: oldhawk56
I think Schriever will be real good at 33 while Drake takes the year off getting bigger and bad-asser...yup, I made that last word up. Don't care.
This is the exact scenario I envision as well, and IMO the only one that makes sense.

When Jesuroga comes in, we'll have to see where these 2 guys are weight wise and figure it out from there. Clark/Gilman/Ramos had similar things to work out.

2 of those 3 are in the same conference, and I have a hard time seeing the EIWA runner-up with the 2 seed at NCAAs. Plus 2 of those 3 are pulling a lot of weight. And Suriano might not have a lot of matches for seeding purposes. I don’t think it’s inconceivable that Drake could have a draw where he doesn’t see any of them until the finals. Or a draw where he hits one early and then runs into a lower seeded McKee type who has the muscle on him.

but my main point is this: Drake can likely hang with anyone in the country on their feet. He’s going to struggle with certain stylistic matchups.

A guy like KY we will know he’ll struggle with top seeds, have some tossups vs similar seeds and beat most seeded below him. With DA he might have a great matchup with some guys ranked above him and really struggle with some below him. Hence my feeling he has more variance. But the other caveat is that he seems to really be a gamer… So I guess we’ll see.
A gamer with an impressive jet engine under the hood, which could be huge in March...at least I hope.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Drake won his third state championship at 33. Looked 120 in doing so. Jumped up to wrestle Block.

Gotta love Gibbons analysis on Filius giving up the reversal to Eierman: “That’s probably not what you want to give up there.” You think, Jim?
Gotta also love the constant praise of Kem's opponent . . . that is until Kem broke it open. He was right in the middle of saying how impressed he was right as the guy was getting cradled, lol.

Gotta also love the constant praise of Kem's opponent . . . that is until Kem broke it open. He was right in the middle of saying how impressed he was right as the guy was getting cradled, lol.
Yep! The kid beat Labriaola so Jim must have been thinking some of that was going to happen yesterday, but not a chance. Kem was on a mission to shut that noise down. Big Gibbons fan by the way, but that was humorous timing. :)

Reactions: LIV4GOD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT