ADVERTISEMENT

Question for atheists

No. You're missing the point, as you often do. God may allow a miscarriage, but he doesn't cause it. For more detailed explanation, you'll have to ask a professional theologian.

Although one could argue that God can do whatever He wants...because He's God.

LOL...do YOU argue that God is all-powerful? Because if that's the case...those spontaneous abortions are on "His" head. And the Big Guy performs more in this country that all the PP clinics by multiples. This doesn't require a "professional theologian" - you've been very judgmental on this issue. Judge.

LOL...do YOU argue that God is all-powerful? Because if that's the case...those spontaneous abortions are on "His" head. And the Big Guy performs more in this country that all the PP clinics by multiples. This doesn't require a "professional theologian" - you've been very judgmental on this issue. Judge.

Everyone judges behavior. You're judging me for judging.

Who gave you the right?

Is "professional theologian" like "professional snake oil salesman"? Or an expert phlogiston engineer?

I've been leaning towards the idea of conditional immortality, which is everlasting fellowship with the Almighty for believers and complete annihilation for unbelievers after they are judged by YHWH in at the White Throne Judgment.

REPORTED!!!!!

I'm not misrepresenting anything. Antifa was established as the communist opposition to the Nazi's in Germany. If you look at their ideology and tactics today it is readily apparent that nothing has changed in the 70+ years since then. It doesn't matter what country they pop up in they are all the same. The question is, why do you support them?
They are anitfascists. Did that somehow elude you?

Exactly, they are also communists. did that somehow elude you?
No, they aren't. Some members might be. Some sympathizers might be. But what they are is antifascists.

Some of them are probably Yankee fans, too. Which is pretty awful. But that's not what they stand for when they gather under the antifa banner.

Please try to respond as an adult sometime soon.

I'm sure he would really run rings around me on questions about imaginary beings and the moral superiority of a genocidal god.

Someone that understands theology, metaphysics, string theory, the multiverse, the big bang theory, etc. would indeed pummel your puddle deep knowledge on the subject.

No offense :)

Someone that understands theology, metaphysics, string theory, the multiverse, the big bang theory, etc. would indeed pummel your puddle deep knowledge on the subject.

No offense :)
What an odd collection of disciplines you've strung together. Almost as if you felt theology was too weak to stand on its own. That's a good impulse in my opinion.

Reactions: longliveCS40
Everyone start referring to God as "She" for the rest of the thread. Or, the rest of the year. Has anyone peeked-up God's tunic to see if he pees standing up?

He knows theology is weak too. I love it. So he tries to get around faith and dogma with pseudo science for the uninformed. You have been fooled again.

Those aren't pseudo-sciences, you n00b.

He simply uses science, which is showing there probably was a starting point (God) and near death experiences to prove God.

You should keep going to Mass. Feel the Holy Spirit within you.

Those aren't pseudo-sciences, you n00b.

He simply uses science, which is showing there probably was a starting point (God) and near death experiences to prove God.

You should keep going to Mass. Feel the Holy Spirit within you.
No it doesn't. And using the science that way certainly put him in the fraud category. No different from an intelligent design charlatan.

No it doesn't. And using the science that way certainly put him in the fraud category. No different from an intelligent design charlatan.

You know as much about science as I know about not killing hookers.

Sorry bro. You lose.

That would be quite a debate!

At the end of the day, one has to choose to believe or not. One wages their life on it.

That would be quite a debate!

At the end of the day, one has to choose to believe or not. One wages their life on it.

The only thing waged on it, for some, is whether they can live their life without fear.

The loss of loved ones, the thought of death being the end, is too much to bear for many and they must latch on to the idea they'll live forever and those that have died are in "a better place".

The only thing waged on it, for some, is whether they can live their life without fear.

The loss of loved ones, the thought of death being the end, is too much to bear for many and they must latch on to the idea they'll live forever and those that have died are in "a better place".

The thought of death being the end is much more comforting, to me, than the idea that there is a raging spiritual battle inside of us between good and evil and that using my free will, I could choose hell, for eternity.

I'd take oblivion any day.

The thought of death being the end is much more comforting, to me, than the idea that there is a raging spiritual battle inside of us between good and evil and that using my free will, I could choose hell, for eternity.

Hell would have to be somewhere that carbon, hydrogen and oxygen exist together... otherwise, no fire.

It has nothing to do with good and evil. It is only about if you believe in God or not.

If you do, you are allowed into the party.

If you don't, you are set on fire in the parking lot and run over with a car.

You can live a saintly life and do no wrong but if you don't believe, you're screwed.

It has nothing to do with good and evil. It is only about if you believe in God or not.

If you do, you are allowed into the party.

If you don't, you are set on fire in the parking lot and run over with a car.

You can live a saintly life and do no wrong but if you don't believe, you're screwed

That's been debated for centuries.

Although, if it's true, isn't it better to believe?

That's been debated for centuries.

Although, if it's true, isn't it better to believe?

Absolutely. That's why you have so many fake believers.

But boy will they be in for a surprise when they try to get into the party.

God knows whether you truly believe or have been faking it your whole life. He's all knowing.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Absolutely. That's why you have so many fake believers.

But boy will they be in for a surprise when they try to get into the party.

God knows whether you truly believe or have been faking it your whole life. He's all knowing.

I can agree with that.

That must be a horrible situation everyday when people gallop up to the pearly gates with joy only to be struck down to a fiery hell.

That's one loving God you have there.

I don't see it like that.

We have free will. We can knowingly choose to accept or reject God by our beliefs and the way we live.

Take, for example, the Las Vegas shooter. The guy shoots hundreds of innocent people, for no reason and then shoots himself. His brother said he had no religious affiliation. He wasn't crazy, as far as we know.

Clearly
, he made his choice as to where he was headed in the afterlife by his life on Earth. God will merely honor his choice.

I don't see it like that.

We have free will. We can knowingly choose to accept or reject God by our beliefs and the way we live.

Take, for example, the Las Vegas shooter. The guy shoots hundreds of innocent people, for no reason and then shoots himself. His brother said he had no religious affiliation. He wasn't crazy, as far as we know.

Clearly
, he made his choice as to where he was headed in the afterlife by his life on Earth. God will merely honor his choice.

That's simply not true. No where does it say you killed 59 people on earth so "sorry kids, park's closed. Moose out front should have told you."

It in fact is stated the opposite. Jesus died for your sins. Do whatever the hell you want on earth. Kill, mame, cheat, steal and lie.

You believe in God? Welcome to the afterlife broseph!

That's simply not true. No where does it say you killed 59 people on earth so "sorry kids, park's closed. Moose out front should have told you."

It in fact is stated the opposite. Jesus died for your sins. Do whatever the hell you want on earth. Kill, mame, cheat, steal and lie.

You believe in God? Welcome to the afterlife broseph!

"By their fruits you shall know them."

Matthew 7:16

"By their fruits you shall know them."

Matthew 7:16

So which sins are forgiven and which are not? I was of the understanding that all were.

Where is the magical line of sin that determines whether you should be judged not worthy of afterlife?

So which sins are forgiven and which are not? I was of the understanding that all were.

Where is the magical line of sin that determines whether you should be judged not worthy of afterlife?

One has to ask for forgiveness with sincerity, of course.

God will judge. I don't believe that many mass shooters like the douche in Vegas really do ask for forgiveness before they shoot themselves into hell.

One has to ask for forgiveness with sincerity, of course.

God will judge. I don't believe that many mass shooters like the douche in Vegas really do ask for forgiveness before they shoot themselves into hell.

And I believe the opposite. I think most people crazy enough to commit these mass murders on behalf of some misguided premise believe they are doing a great thing and genuinely believe in God more times than not.

I guess you're saying it isn't about whether someone truly believes. It's about whether God wants you in heaven.

If you don't believe, it's a flat out nope.

If you believe but he thinks you are too bad it's a nope.

If you believe and he believes you believe and you haven't done too many bad things on earth, he's like welcome dude.

Is that the case?

And I believe the opposite. I think most people crazy enough to commit these mass murders on behalf of some misguided premise believe they are doing a great thing and genuinely believe in God more times than not.

I guess you're saying it isn't about whether someone truly believes. It's about whether God wants you in heaven.

If you don't believe, it's a flat out nope.

If you believe but he thinks you are too bad it's a nope.

If you believe and he believes you believe and you haven't done too many bad things on earth, he's like welcome dude.

Is that the case?

The Vegas shooters brother said he had no religion or political affiliation. I don't think Adam Lanza believed in God. Or the Columbine shooters. Or the Virginia Tech shooter. I'm almost positive none of them did.

I'm not sure how God will judge. Those are good questions, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT