ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Democrats

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
First off, I don't want to hear one word about Trump or MAGA or Republicans. I know all about them and how they are the ones to blame.

So, when I got up this morning and was having my coffee and cig getting ready for the day, I plugged back in and watched Main Street Media. CNN, MSNBC and Fox. On CNN & MSNBC it was Trump, Jan 6th and how the Republicans are evil. Same thing as I hear here. On Fox, well they're just a bunch of lost puppies looking for a home.

My question to you Democrats is this: Tell me the DFL's plan for policies going forward? What are the agendas of the party. I have no idea what it is. All I hear is not the other guy. I am getting ready to vote this year and I need to know why I should consider voting for any of them. Not voting for Trump didn't work out well.

Issues that mean something:
1) Economy (don't give me some BS stat numbers from the Gov. (I'm out here in the private sector and deal with the numbers). Retail was up over Christmas, but things ran in the red (for many companies). Which means people only bought clearance items and businesses didn't profit. The credit card purchases were way up year over year v. debit or checking purchases. Which means people are financing the future.
2) Are you finally going to push legislation for Women's Rights? So, we can finally put that to bed (been going on for 50+ years now and I'm sick of hearing about it.
3) Does anyone have the balls to end the Russia/Ukranian war? I don't want any more tax dollars going to a losing effort. We been sending money to them and sanctions on Russia for almost 2 years now and Ukraine has run out of young men and women. To me it's an easy fix, Putin doesn't want Ukraine part of the UN, so give it to him. Let's end this shit.
4) Can we turn the oil spicket back on and drive the oil price back down to get the economy moving again.
5) Please, please, please tell me about a better plan for healthcare. Until we address the white elephant in the room (price gouging) of the healthcare providers and big pharma, all the free healthcare insurance does nothing.
6) Can we get legislation on the political insider trading?
7) Can we get term limits on elected officials. I will add unelected bureaucrats also.
8) We don't need kids getting Trans stuff done to them. Wait until their old enough to make the decision on their own. We don't need any more Trans twerking in grade schools. Sorry, LGTBQ+ people, but kids need to be kids and adding confusion to their lives isn't a good thing, it screws them up. Let innocence be innocence.
9) (This one is personal) We need more Loony Tunes on TV. The old Bugs, Daffy and etc. need to be on TV more. Tired of all the serious crap on all the time. Let's have a lighthearted world again.

Republicans you can chime in also. I don't want to hear Biden or Liberals or the evil Democrats as part of your comments. I know all about them and how they are the ones to blame.

So, take a minute and think about the issues and let me know why I and other Independents should vote for your people and their ideas.

4) Can we turn the oil spicket back on and drive the oil price back down to get the economy moving again.

“Spigot”

rihvi0s.jpeg

1) There are so many factors here it could be it's own 500 page thread. However, short version, they've gotten stuff done and the economy looking forward is in way better shape than doing the same 3 years ago showed.

2) What specific women's rights are we talking about? Trump, SCOTUS and many states have torpedoed a significant part of women's rights over the last few years, and Biden can't just reverse them on his own, nor can the Dems without cooperation from the GOP

3) The only proper way to end the Ukraine/Russia was is a full Russia pull out of a neighboring sovereign country and paying them for the damage they inflicted.

4) The US is producing more oil than any other country and more than it ever has. Not sure how you turn the spigot back on from there.

5) The right way to fix health care is the nationalize it. Every argument against doing that is purely corporate profit driven (or pushed by that viewpoint). National health care would be cheaper, available to everyone and better than it is now.

6/7) Agreed, but I doubt either party does anything

8) There's really not an issue with this. Like, it's almost entirely made up by RW pundits. Kids just aren't getting medical procedures done to switch genders.

9) There are multiple channels you can turn on at any time and watch everything you listed.

1) There are so many factors here it could be it's own 500 page thread. However, short version, they've gotten stuff done and the economy looking forward is in way better shape than doing the same 3 years ago showed.

2) What specific women's rights are we talking about? Trump, SCOTUS and many states have torpedoed a significant part of women's rights over the last few years, and Biden can't just reverse them on his own, nor can the Dems without cooperation from the GOP

3) The only proper way to end the Ukraine/Russia was is a full Russia pull out of a neighboring sovereign country and paying them for the damage they inflicted.

4) The US is producing more oil than any other country and more than it ever has. Not sure how you turn the spigot back on from there.

5) The right way to fix health care is the nationalize it. Every argument against doing that is purely corporate profit driven (or pushed by that viewpoint). National health care would be cheaper, available to everyone and better than it is now.

6/7) Agreed, but I doubt either party does anything

8) There's really not an issue with this. Like, it's almost entirely made up by RW pundits. Kids just aren't getting medical procedures done to switch genders.

9) There are multiple channels you can turn on at any time and watch everything you listed.
Damn you started out so good. I was right there reading with 1). Get to 2) and bam there it is Trump. Obama promised in 2008 and super majority and did nothing. So NO it isn't on Trump or SCOTUS. I quit reading after Trump. Sorry, I asked nicely and you couldn't play along.

First off, I don't want to hear one word about Trump or MAGA or Republicans. I know all about them and how they are the ones to blame.

So, when I got up this morning and was having my coffee and cig getting ready for the day, I plugged back in and watched Main Street Media. CNN, MSNBC and Fox. On CNN & MSNBC it was Trump, Jan 6th and how the Republicans are evil. Same thing as I hear here. On Fox, well they're just a bunch of lost puppies looking for a home.

My question to you Democrats is this: Tell me the DFL's plan for policies going forward? What are the agendas of the party. I have no idea what it is. All I hear is not the other guy. I am getting ready to vote this year and I need to know why I should consider voting for any of them. Not voting for Trump didn't work out well.

1) Economy (don't give me some BS stat numbers from the Gov. (I'm out here in the private sector and deal with the numbers). Retail was up over Christmas, but things ran in the red (for many companies). Which means people only bought clearance items and businesses didn't profit. The credit card purchases were way up year over year v. debit or checking purchases. Which means people are financing the future.
2) Are you finally going to push legislation for Women's Rights? So, we can finally put that to bed (been going on for 50+ years now and I'm sick of hearing about it.
3) Does anyone have the balls to end the Russia/Ukranian war? I don't want any more tax dollars going to a losing effort. We been sending money to them and sanctions on Russia for almost 2 years now and Ukraine has run out of young men and women. To me it's an easy fix, Putin doesn't want Ukraine part of the UN, so give it to him. Let's end this shit.
5) Please, please, please tell me about a better plan for healthcare. Until we address the white elephant in the room (price gouging) of the healthcare providers and big pharma, all the free healthcare insurance does nothing.
7) Can we get term limits on elected officials. I will add unelected bureaucrats also.
8) We don't need kids getting Trans stuff done to them. Wait until their old enough to make the decision on their own. We don't need any more Trans twerking in grade schools. Sorry, LGTBQ+ people, but kids need to be kids and adding confusion to their lives isn't a good thing, it screws them up. Let innocence be innocence.
9) (This one is personal) We need more Loony Tunes on TV. The old Bugs, Daffy and etc. need to be on TV more. Tired of all the serious crap on all the time. Let's have a lighthearted world again.

Republicans you can chime in also. I don't want to hear Biden or Liberals or the evil Democrats as part of your comments. I know all about them and how they are the ones to blame.

So, take a minute and think about the issues and let me know why I and other Independents should vote for your people and their ideas.
DFL's ?

Always love these threads where OP lays out ground rules for thread and the only enforcement mechanism is whining that people aren't following the rules. I'm sure I've posted such threads before.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Damn you started out so good. I was right there reading with 1). Get to 2) and bam there it is Trump. Obama promised in 2008 and super majority and did nothing. So NO it isn't on Trump or SCOTUS. I quit reading after Trump. Sorry, I asked nicely and you couldn't play along.
Especially regarding abortion….sorry, but it DOES come back to Trump.because of the 3 SC justices he appointed, Roe got overturned - prompting waves of legislation by republicans regarding abortion.

so if not that, what other womens rights are you referring to? If you don’t like the answers, maybe there’s a problem with the question.

Especially regarding abortion….sorry, but it DOES come back to Trump.because of the 3 SC justices he appointed, Roe got overturned - prompting waves of legislation by republicans regarding abortion.

so if not that, what other womens rights are you referring to? If you don’t like the answers, maybe there’s a problem with the question.
Zero fault comes to any Republican. Obama said it was the first thing he would do. For two years they had an unstoppable means of passing legislation. I don't blame the courts or Republicans for not having any laws for it. The SCOTUS only kicked it back to the states and said that legislators need to pass the laws. Sorry Democrats you own this lock and key. When the power was yours, you did nothing. Anything from 2009 on is 100% on you and no one else.

In defense of Obama, much of what he campaigned upon was pushed to the back burner with the mortgage/ insurance collapse of 2008....by the time that was resolved, Dems no longer held a Congressional majority.

Zero fault comes to any Republican. Obama said it was the first thing he would do. For two years they had an unstoppable means of passing legislation. I don't blame the courts or Republicans for not having any laws for it. The SCOTUS only kicked it back to the states and said that legislators need to pass the laws. Sorry Democrats you own this lock and key. When the power was yours, you did nothing. Anything from 2009 on is 100% on you and no one else.

That’s just hilarious and ignores reality in so many ways. First, republicans had their wave election in 2010, so no, Obama couldn’t have gotten abortion legislation thru. Dubious that a federal law that would have held up regardless. Majority of state legislatures were also controlled by republicans so yeah, no pro-abortion legislation was getting thru most states. Lastly, the notion that ANY issue is owned by one party or the other is laughable.

Seems to me that you listen more to fascist news than any other by many times. I guess that would explain your simplistic and moronic attitude and opinions. Go suck on more cigarettes,

In defense of Obama, much of what he campaigned upon was pushed to the back burner with the mortgage/ insurance collapse of 2008....by the time that was resolved, Dems no longer held a Congressional majority.
True, but it's not like he was single handedly writing the bill. Staffers do that and could have multi-tasked the issue. IMO, they didn't really want to pass the bill because it would end the millions in funding from the activists. I and most people that I talk to are sick of hearing about it. I've listened to it my entire life (and I'm old). They had a chance to end it and didn't. We need it and need it now. America will never come together until it's removed from the courts and is a law (whatever that law is).

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
FWIW, most kids are not nearly as confused by LGBTQ stuff as their parents. They generally move along pretty quickly from simple explanations and don't spend years reposting trans panic TikToks and one joke memes
Why would they be "confused" when they have turds like Tom parris indoctrinating them on leftist nonsense daily? Tom even said directly that he knows he has convos with kids that their parents would be pissed about and he's just one of thousands of activists masquerading as teachers. Sadly they're actually more confused about reality than ever. Reality and wokeism are simply in direct conflict.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I want to live in a world where facts don’t matter, too.

What psychedelics do you use?
So, that's your plan to get me to vote for the blue candidate? Not a good plan. If you're wondering why I don't align with the red, it's because they do the same thing by name calling, belittle and point fingers. How about we try with open clean debating of issues. Putting up some crap ass chart doesn't work for me. I learned that back in 82 when Reagan changed how unemployed was measured. It went from anyone unemployed to anyone over a certain amount of time of being unemployed. He looks like some sort of genus because a butt load of people fell of the chart. Made it look like he had put everyone back to work. In true he just cut a ton of people off to make measure the study look good. Oil prices are huge right now, that's a supply and demand, so demand isn't meeting the supply. It's just that simple. If we are producing that much oil, where is it going?

So he was a fraud, but it like, totally wasn't his fault guys.
Seems to me that you listen more to fascist news than any other by many times. I guess that would explain your simplistic and moronic attitude and opinions. Go suck on more cigarettes,
Lol it's using words it doesn't understand again

I can't believe in 2023 I can't put up a thread and no one, not one of you can have an open debate on topics without pointing the finger at the other party. You ****ers are broken and brainwashed. 5 generations of my family have bled and/or died for the freedoms of this country and this shit pile of people is all we get for it.

So, that's your plan to get me to vote for the blue candidate? Not a good plan. If you're wondering why I don't align with the red, it's because they do the same thing by name calling, belittle and point fingers. How about we try with open clean debating of issues. Putting up some crap ass chart doesn't work for me. I learned that back in 82 when Reagan changed how unemployed was measured. It went from anyone unemployed to anyone over a certain amount of time of being unemployed. He looks like some sort of genus because a butt load of people fell of the chart. Made it look like he had put everyone back to work. In true he just cut a ton of people off to make measure the study look good. Oil prices are huge right now, that's a supply and demand, so demand isn't meeting the supply. It's just that simple. If we are producing that much oil, where is it going?

I don’t give a shit who you vote for. If you’re unwilling to understand facts and data that are presented to you that counter that the oil “spicket” in the U.S. isn’t constrained, you are detached from reality.

I ain’t gonna convince you.

Here’s that evil “government” entity called the commodity market that suggests that oil prices ain’t “huge” btw. Whatever the **** that means, you troglodyte.

HGXQwCJ.jpeg

I can't believe in 2023 I can't put up a thread and no one, not one of you can have an open debate on topics without pointing the finger at the other party. You ****ers are broken and brainwashed. 5 generations of my family have bled and/or died for the freedoms of this country and this shit pile of people is all we get for it.
Translation: "I want an open debate. But only through definitions that I can win."

Well it's too late for that my friend, better luck in 2024

Reactions: Moral
I don’t give a shit who you vote for. If you’re unwilling to understand facts and data that are presented to you that counter that the oil “spicket” in the U.S. isn’t constrained, you are detached from reality.

I ain’t gonna convince you.
Oh, crap, I didn't realize what you said was fact. Damn that changes my decision.

Your right though. My vote hardly ever counts. Way too many dead people voting against any vote I cast.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
It's more like I can't debate your stupidity.
Huey, I really never comment on anything of yours. You seem to like to on mine. Which is fine. Don't take this personally, but you are one of the dumbest SOBs on here. Everything you say is nothing more than Democratic pollical satire.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Oh, crap, I didn't realize what you said was fact. Damn that changes my decision.

Your right though. My vote hardly ever counts. Way too many dead people voting against any vote I cast.

Go ahead Sharky. Find me a version of facts that tell me where U.S. oil production is today and what the “huge” price of oil is.

You don’t want to debate. You want to be dumb and be spoon-fed your alternate reality.

It’s “you’re” btw. Your lack of education is really coming through.

Huey, I really never comment on anything of yours. You seem to like to on mine. Which is fine. Don't take this personally, but you are one of the dumbest SOBs on here. Everything you say is nothing more than Democratic pollical satire.
Says the guy who denies US crude "podduction."

Reactions: SocraticIshmael

🙄

You're not looking for debate.

You are a gullible dunce.

Oh, and SSG T already answered you quite well in post 4.

🤡

Reactions: mientkiewicz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT