ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Democrats

There's more than the single reddit post on r/trans. He also has a following with people who've made direct threats at other specific schools which I posted in the shooting thread. They were also reported to the fbi so hopefully another crisis can be averted.
What does that following have to do with (potentially) being trans??

Okay. Well thank you for sharing your opinion. I definitely don’t agree with your basic premise. We send kids to schools, practices, clubs, churches, etc. full of other adults who could all influence and manipulate them, and it happens, in all sorts of ways (trans or not).
Can't agree more. But adding to this confusion in a fully developed mind isn't going to make it easier for them.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Please note the word "also"
OMG! You said “there’s more than the one…” And followed it up with “he also…” 🤣

If you didn’t mean to suggest that was related, you shouldn’t have phrased it like that! Its not even ambiguous, it’s straight up misleading!

OMG! You said “there’s more than the one…” And followed it up with “he also…” 🤣

If you didn’t mean to suggest that was related, you shouldn’t have phrased it like that! Its not even ambiguous, it’s straight up misleading!
Lol if you're simple minded I could understand making that mistake. Sorry I didn't dumb it down for you more, Lenny.

I think you nailed it. Kids are being abused by evangelicals who can't accept their children for who they are and instead believe they can pray the gay or whatever away.
You're right they have been, I add the Catholic Priests with that. But including more people and more chances of ending their innocence is up to us to stop. Anyone who molests a child should be held deeply accountable no matter who it is.

Lol if you're simple minded I could understand making that mistake. Sorry I didn't dumb it down for you more, Lenny.
That is pretty uncalled for, and exceptionally rude, Scruddy. In the context of my question, what you added was completely unrelated. Simple minded or not.

Now tell me bout the rabbits again

Reactions: sober_teacher
I asked for no charts from a corrupt gov. They cherry pick data.

Oh another "doing your own research" guy. Move along butt-muncher, no amount of information is going to free up your rusty, old mindset. Don't be so mentally unhinged, or better yet since you can't be reformed, just head on over to QAnon where you all can commiserate together in your self-satisfied cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
That is pretty uncalled for, and exceptionally rude, Scruddy. In the context of my question, what you added was completely unrelated. Simple minded or not.

Now tell me bout the rabbits again
OK fair, I'll apologize for calling you a Lenny. I'm sorry.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Might make them less likely to commit suicide.
Or make it worse like now. While teenage suicide has always been an issue. It seems there's way too many now. So have those numbers increased because we've given kids less to deal with or more?

Or make it worse like now. While teenage suicide has always been an issue. It seems there's way too many now. So have those numbers increased because we've given kids less to deal with or more?
Impossible to say really. Nothing happens in a vacuum, and any issue obviously can’t be reduced to a single cause. There are similarities, but you have to take it on a case by case basis. Which is really why I think social transitioning should be allowed pre-18. If the parents and therapist/psychiatrist support it, I think we should trust they are doing what they think is best for the child. I just think it’s a terrible idea to take that option off the table entirely.

Reactions: sober_teacher
This one is obviously a hot topic. What are your thoughts on this approach?
- under 16: only social transitioning
- over 16: can begin taking hormones (provided social transitioning has already occurred)
- over 18: as they are an adult now, they can make decisions regarding surgery (provided they have completed previous two steps)
Hormones need to be used before puberty

Impossible to say really. Nothing happens in a vacuum, and any issue obviously can’t be reduced to a single cause. There are similarities, but you have to take it on a case by case basis. Which is really why I think social transitioning should be allowed pre-18. If the parents and therapist/psychiatrist support it, I think we should trust they are doing what they think is best for the child. I just think it’s a terrible idea to take that option off the table entirely.
Unfortunately, society is the way it is. What is acceptable and what isn't changes through the years. I just don't agree with forcing an idea into children. If the parents are accepting to it, then I have no problem with that. Let them do it at their home. But to put the idea into society that has never really accepted in the history of mankind, well you're setting the children up for failure. They will always be in question of their own identity and so will the people surrounding them in society.

Sorry, those are the cold hard facts, whether we agree or not this will be the norm.

As far as a psychiatrist, they will always go where the money is. So, my question is, why is a psychiatrist needed if gender identity change is normal? So, is the child the one confused or are the parents the ones confused?

Unfortunately, society is the way it is. What is acceptable and what isn't changes through the years. I just don't agree with forcing an idea into children. If the parents are accepting to it, then I have no problem with that. Let them do it at their home. But to put the idea into society that has never really accepted in the history of mankind, well you're setting the children up for failure. They will always be in question of their own identity and so will the people surrounding them in society.

Sorry, those are the cold hard facts, whether we agree or not this will be the norm.

As far as a psychiatrist, they will always go where the money is. So, my question is, why is a psychiatrist needed if gender identity change is normal? So, is the child the one confused or are the parents the ones confused?
So you are completely against religious schools?

They aren't facts. They are your antiquated opinions.

Because gender identity can be hard. As can going through all sorts of things when you're young. Do you think gay kids and/or their parents are just "confused"?

Hint - you're the one confused.

And heck, sometimes kids just need a safe space to talk about why they feel different, and they work thru it.

I just don't agree with forcing an idea into children. If the parents are accepting to it, then I have no problem with that.

You’re assuming that adults are forcing the idea that they might be/are trans.

Honest question - why? 98% or more of the population isn’t trans, so why exactly would they be forcing this idea on kids? Seriously, what would be the motive?

Irreversible damage is the only end result of this.

No, it really isn’t. You want to keep this as a binary choice, trans or not, and there’s so many shades of gray.

My mom often buys mens t-shirts/sweaters cuz she doesn’t like the fit of some of the women’s styles, does that make her a cross-dresser? Based on your comments on the topic I don’t think you’d agree with her actions. She’s a girl, therefore she should dress like a girl.

Oh another "doing your own research" guy. Move along butt-muncher, no amount of information is going to free up your rusty, old mindset. Don't be so mentally unhinged, or better yet since you can't be reformed, just head on over to QAnon where you all can commiserate together in your self-satisfied cognitive dissonance.
Always Sunny Eye Roll GIF

No, it really isn’t. You want to keep this as a binary choice, trans or not, and there’s so many shades of gray.

My mom often buys mens t-shirts/sweaters cuz she doesn’t like the fit of some of the women’s styles, does that make her a cross-dresser? Based on your comments on the topic I don’t think you’d agree with her actions. She’s a girl, therefore she should dress like a girl.
Did you really just try to compare wearing different clothes to taking medication for off label use to block puberty from taking place? I've long said that behavior is on a spectrum. If a man wants to wear heels and a dress go for it. You're not immune to society snickering at yout expense if you look like a nut though. Still a weird analogy given hormone "therapy" cannot be reversed.

I didn't think you would.

An adult female human being.
You bigot you

Since you actually did answer (an answer which will undoubtedly trigger Huey and Ishmael) here is the definition you asked for:

Normal: conforming to a standard, usual, typical or expected.

Did you really just try to compare wearing different clothes to taking medication for off label use to block puberty from taking place? I've long said that behavior is on a spectrum. If a man wants to wear heels and a dress go for it. You're not immune to society snickering at yout expense if you look like a nut though. Still a weird analogy given hormone "therapy" cannot be reversed.

First of all, as has been pointed out countless times, issuing a blanket statement that hormone therapy is not reversible isn’t accurate, at all.
So you saying irreversible damage is the only end result is just not correct.

There are many forms of therapy that never approach puberty blockers, and heck sometimes that IS necessary due to biological concerns if something is off-kilter. But you won’t even consider that this isn’t either/or.

Lastly, your posting history does not lend me to believe you when you say you don’t have issues with behavior not considered “normal”, whatever that is.

You bigot you

Since you actually did answer (an answer which will undoubtedly trigger Huey and Ishmael) here is the definition you asked for:

Thanks for admitting at least that normal for you is nothing more that just doing what’s expected. Anything that steps outside that definition it’s therefore bad and must go.

You bigot you

So with that in mind, do you consider gay people to be "normal"?

Thanks for admitting at least that normal for you is nothing more that just doing what’s expected. Anything that steps outside that definition it’s therefore bad and must go.
You're actually brain dead. That definition came straight from the Oxford dictionary lmfao

First of all, as has been pointed out countless times, issuing a blanket statement that hormone therapy is not reversible isn’t accurate, at all.
So you saying irreversible damage is the only end result is just not correct.

There are many forms of therapy that never approach puberty blockers, and heck sometimes that IS necessary due to biological concerns if something is off-kilter. But you won’t even consider that this isn’t either/or.

Lastly, your posting history does not lend me to believe you when you say you don’t have issues with behavior not considered “normal”, whatever that is.
You can not go back and do puberty over lmfao not even with drugs. That's not how science works 🤣😂

1) There are so many factors here it could be it's own 500 page thread. However, short version, they've gotten stuff done and the economy looking forward is in way better shape than doing the same 3 years ago showed.

2) What specific women's rights are we talking about? Trump, SCOTUS and many states have torpedoed a significant part of women's rights over the last few years, and Biden can't just reverse them on his own, nor can the Dems without cooperation from the GOP

3) The only proper way to end the Ukraine/Russia was is a full Russia pull out of a neighboring sovereign country and paying them for the damage they inflicted.

4) The US is producing more oil than any other country and more than it ever has. Not sure how you turn the spigot back on from there.

5) The right way to fix health care is the nationalize it. Every argument against doing that is purely corporate profit driven (or pushed by that viewpoint). National health care would be cheaper, available to everyone and better than it is now.

6/7) Agreed, but I doubt either party does anything

8) There's really not an issue with this. Like, it's almost entirely made up by RW pundits. Kids just aren't getting medical procedures done to switch genders.

9) There are multiple channels you can turn on at any time and watch everything you listed.
Sorry, but i have no serious issues with the economy, so I'll just support and vote with the gals this go around, #2. SCREW THE SCOTUS. Oh, and i refuse to vote for a party that will not pay their own bills they make, when i have to pay mine.

Last edited:
Except it is…

“When a person stops taking GnRH analogues, puberty starts again.”
If you take those from 16 to 18 and stop at 18 your body doesn't begin the puberty process again as if you were 16. That's not how that works lol

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
LOL - so why won't you answer my question?

You're not only a moron, you're a hack.
Lol I didn't even see your other question after asking for a definition. Calm down big guy. Is it weird to be gay by the standard definition of the word? Yes. Do I care if two dudes want to bang? No. What else do you want to know?

If you take those from 16 to 18 and stop at 18 your body doesn't begin the puberty process again as if you were 16. That's not how that works lol
I don’t even know what you mean by that. Obviously, you aren’t entirely the same person at 16 as 18, but puberty does start again when you stop taking it. And there can be impacts to bone density and such. These risks are certainly covered by doctors with youths and their parents.

But typically, most people consider “your kid might not be as tall as they otherwise would be” a fair trade off for “your kid might kill themself”. And by “might” I mean, “your kid is LIKELY to kill themself”

I don’t even know what you mean by that. Obviously, you aren’t entirely the same person at 16 as 18, but puberty does start again when you stop taking it. And there can be impacts to bone density and such. These risks are certainly covered by doctors with youths and their parents.

But typically, most people consider “your kid might not be as tall as they otherwise would be” a fair trade off for “your kid might kill themself”.
Your argument hangs on the premise that if these minors aren't given hormone "therapy" they're likely to kill themselves? Am I reading that right?

I'm glad you did admit that some effects are absolutely irreversible at least.

Well, that didn't take long to go south. Funny how everyone has all the answers but can convey them without pointing the finger at the other party. Just goes to show that not many people want to solve problems but instead just wants to be mad that at the other person.

Our society needs a giant enema!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT