ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the hopeful types….

Prove that…..on a side note, in order to call someone self righteous you have to make a judgement, placing yourself above the judgee, making yourself more important and therefore self righteous…

People always seem to miss that…😊
Prove that you spend more time here posting than anyone else?

just look back at your history. I bet you have logged a few hundred posts in the last couple days alone. And that may be on the conservative side

Reactions: artradley
Not true…at all… nor does anyone who has really conversed & heard what I said, thinks that. You should be embarrassed, that you believe different views is the same as ranting, raving and throwing 12 year old fits…

I hope you honesty aren’t so out of touch you believe that….**** if you’d read what I said at all you’d know, I’m ok with a new coach….

Some if you are truly sad…

The odd thing is that as much as posters like you bitch about the complainers, you all do just as much ranting and raving as any of them. Your are the flip side of the same coin.

Honestly, what percentage of your posts the last few months have been about football, and what percentage has been bitching about people who complain about the coaching? Maybe don’t read or start threads like this, and instead concentrate on the ones that are actually related to the game.

I can’t speak for everyone but in my case what frustrates me the most is having a championship quality defense to go with an inept offense. KF knew how bad the offense was under Brian yet refused to do what was necessary to improve it. He put family before the team. 10 wins was his favorite come back knowing damn well how much better it could have possibly been had the offense had a pulse. Every thing thrown at Kirk is deserved and I’d be ok with him gone.

For me it was 99% the nepotism, and prioritizing his son over the team and the fans.

Yeah, Kirk’s cautiousness and satisfaction with average offenses was often frustrating. But the end results have been pretty good through the years. Clean program, consistent winners, national respect. But that has been sullied, and it certainly appears to be simply because of nepotism.

Nepotism is a personal pet peeve, and this was a pretty egregious case.

For me it was 99% the nepotism, and prioritizing his son over the team and the fans.

Yeah, Kirk’s cautiousness and satisfaction with average offenses was often frustrating. But the end results have been pretty good through the years. Clean program, consistent winners, national respect. But that has been sullied, and it certainly appears to be simply because of nepotism.

Nepotism is a personal pet peeve, and this was a pretty egregious case.
well your heart can be at ease: I looked up nepotism and this was not that

I don't understand the "well shucks, we're just little ole Iowa" attitude. Iowa has been kicking ass with their defense for the last 3 years and have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the league through that span. There are multiple times that Iowa would have been in a conference championship game even if there were no divisions. It isn't a miracle that Iowa makes it that far. They aren't going to compete every season, but to say it will never happen isn't giving credit where it is due. And I still say if Iowa had played OSU in November of 2002 Iowa wins that game. They were unbeatable during that run that season.
2002? when they went to NC game and iowa lost to USC in the orange bowl?

"hopeful types" will undoubtedly enjoy this thoughtful analysis:

"While Nick Saban has seemingly won it all, including National Championships, SEC Championships, and individual awards, there is still one man whom Saban hasn’t defeated: Kirk Ferentz."😄

"hopeful types" will undoubtedly enjoy this thoughtful analysis:

"While Nick Saban has seemingly won it all, including National Championships, SEC Championships, and individual awards, there is still one man whom Saban hasn’t defeated: Kirk Ferentz."😄
He beat him Kirk’s first year here

Reactions: shrinkhawk
My struggle has been, internally I think I’ve decided I don’t care if we go on a massive losing streak… I find myself upset that I feel that way because I’ve loved watching this team play since I was 11 years old….

But the constant bitching has me feeling like many of us feel about Nebraska fans….many of these guys are undeserving of a solid. And yes I do get to feel that way and I actually do feel bad about it (hence the convoluted question) but after working it out….

Yes I will take solace if this team starts sucking because some of these cats….I honestly wish their favorite team lost 12 games a year for 10 years… I’ll tell you this, they’ll appreciate seven and five when it comes around the next time 😂😂
Went through the 60's and 70's watching this team during the Cummings and Lauterbur, (SP) years.
Can you imagine this board if it was available back then? I watched them play Nebraska, Notre Dame and other teams pound us when we were the cupcake team everyone played back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
what would be funnier to me is: watch the hawks in 2024 be exactly the same as before!! same as bf. same as 2003. same as 2009. groundhog day: every day digruntled iowa fan wakes up to the same thing, over and over. it is torture to them! like bill murray rolling out of bed every day, hitting the alarm clock, and bingo: bf tim lester GDGD just went 2 for twelve on third down conversions and lost to michigan.... again!!!
And it very well might be. Have to improve the Oline performance and WR get separation. If lester can improve that in 2024 it could be a good season. If not it's same ol same ol. Personnel will play a role in it.

Went through the 60's and 70's watching this team during the Cummings and Lauterbur, (SP) years.
Can you imagine this board if it was available back then? I watched them play Nebraska, Notre Dame and other teams pound us when we were the cupcake team everyone played back then.

You’ll agree with this….i hate losing & I’m baffled/frustrated by our offense….

I’m super glad Brian’s gone….and I’m fine if KF leaves…I’m not rooting for it, I’m not confident we will improve but I’m ok with it….

But strangely there is a LOUD, hostile minority that seems to think if your not mad as hell and calling for heads, your for the status quo….

Furthermore we are seemingly the only team in the nation ****ing up and every time you bring up coaches like Lincoln Riley, (similar scenario) they put their hands over their ears….

They have NO skin, in the game. They don’t lose their jobs, they don’t have to say they were wrong…

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk
And it very well might be. Have to improve the Oline performance and WR get separation. If lester can improve that in 2024 it could be a good season. If not it's same ol same ol. Personnel will play a role in it.
Honestly, if the QB can consistently have more than three seconds to get rid of the ball our offense would be much improved. Whether by improving the blocking or by rolling out and running more play action, I don’t think we need a particularly talented OC to figure something out for that.

Honestly, if the QB can consistently have more than three seconds to get rid of the ball our offense would be much improved. Whether by improving the blocking or by rolling out and running more play action, I don’t think we need a particularly talented OC to figure something out for that.
I won't argue with you on that. But too many times last year you would see a lineman who missed his block or blocked left when he should have blocked right and the LB ran right in and sacked the QB. Lots of times where QB had less than 3 seconds, in my opinion. I hope the new OC can fix the problems.

Totally agree…we need a talented OL coach and solid Rbers and a QB that completes 60 plus % of his passes…

I still don’t think Brian’s play calling was a problem, but at the end of the day, he couldn’t find any consistency and that’s on him !!

Last edited:
I think age brings wisdom and clarity.

I’m a passionate guy, animated as much as anything. I often times seem excited, maybe even fired up when in reality it’s just how I articulate. I’m empathetic, sympathetic, emotional and high strung….

I’m also 53, I’ve had a good life, but a challenging one, I’ve had lots of successes and plenty of failures. I get it now….lifes hard….it’s actually hard for everyone, marriage is hard, raising children is hard, relationships are hard….

I’m not going to let a football game or a coach wreck my life….and shortsighted people are going to hear from me….And even that too is stupid, futile & ultimately wasteful on my part…

But I assure these guys throwing a fit, don’t think it’s wasteful, By God, they are mad as hell and someone’s going to hear about it..,,

It’s funny when you think about the bluster and self importance. 🤓

And shortly some dumbass will shoot through here and call me out for “self-importance” without acknowledging what I said above…..all but proving my point 😂

Totally agree…we need a talented OL coach and solid Rbers and a QB that completes 60 plus % of his passes…

I still don’t think Brian’s play calling was a problem, but at the end of the day, he couldn’t find any consistency and that’s on him !!
wait a minute... i thought we weren't qualified to have and voice opinions? i'm so confused.

wait a minute... i thought we weren't qualified to have and voice opinions? i'm so confused.

Please stop because you are indeed confused or dumb I guess..🤷‍♂️

Just imagine your middle school teacher teaching….”ok kids, when you have an opinion, you need to get loud, obnoxious and repeat your anger over and over and over again…that’s how you have an opinion”

And oddly enough some of the dopes on here believe that….

Are you one of them….😉

Thanks for this opportunity by the way😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT