ADVERTISEMENT

Racist infrastructure bill is racist...

whiskey is certainly on board with addressing the wrongs of the past. He just doesn't want to actually do anything about them.
No dipshit, I have been very vocal about my stance. Write the ****ing check to those that deserve it. Make that ****er big enough, one time, that in 10 years there is no more "but we havebeen wrong done by" if your going to write the check, do it and be done and make everything "equal". There is no ****ing point of reperations if in 10 years we are right back to where we are now. Nobody actually wants to do that though because its a lot easier to bitch.

Not once have I in anyway claimed to be a victim and have been very clear that this will only continue a pisspant victim mentality. Rudy, I fear I gave your intelligence too much credit.
So the beneficiaries of the govt's racist past...RECENT racist past...so much beneficiaries that a typical black family has 5% of the wealth of a typical white family...are going to cry "victim" as the govt tries to address past wrongs? Is that really your problem here?

Reactions: Rudolph
Gota drive to extremes and get hyperbolic, you know, otherwise, well, shit, maybe the argument isn't so strong.
Some guy he didnt know 10 minutes ago, doesnt ****ing matter, you are impacting someone forthe fault of others and ththaththat is always going to create a victimhood mentality. Feel better?

Not once have I in anyway claimed to be a victim and have been very clear that this will only continue a pisspant victim mentality. Rudy, I fear I gave your intelligence too much credit.
Oh, so in order for you to "act like a victim" you have to first "claim to be a victim"? Wow, okay.

I said you're acting like a victim. And you are. Whether you claim to be is obviously entirely on you. From my perspective, you're acting like a victim.

You have an easy out, you know. Just say you're a victim of my being an arrogant prick douchebag.

Oh yeah, and a pisspants.

Some guy he didnt know 10 minutes ago, doesnt ****ing matter, you are impacting someone forthe fault of others and ththaththat is always going to create a victimhood mentality. Feel better?
FFS, we are all...EVERY ONE OF US...impacted through the fault of others every damn day. Quit whining, victim.

So the beneficiaries of the govt's racist past...RECENT racist past...so much beneficiaries that a typical black family has 5% of the wealth of a typical white family...are going to cry "victim" as the govt tries to address past wrongs? Is that really your problem here?
2 things with this:

You are impacting someone based off another, that person is going to have a victim mentality.

Part of the problem with reperations and why they will never do them is IF you write that check and then the numbers fall back to where they were you actually have to acknowledge the other problems. That ain't happening.

No dipshit, I have been very vocal about my stance. Write the ****ing check to those that deserve it. Make that ****er big enough, one time, that in 10 years there is no more "but we havebeen wrong done by" if your going to write the check, do it and be done and make everything "equal". There is no ****ing point of reperations if in 10 years we are right back to where we are now. Nobody actually wants to do that though because its a lot easier to bitch.
This is really funny shit right here.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
Oh, so in order for you to "act like a victim" you have to first "claim to be a victim"? Wow, okay.

I said you're acting like a victim. And you are. Whether you claim to be is obviously entirely on you. From my perspective, you're acting like a victim.

You have an easy out, you know. Just say you're a victim of my being an arrogant prick douchebag.

Oh yeah, and a pisspants.
Well from my perspective...(what a ****ing queef thing to say, we are on a message board, take your tampon out and just ****ing talk)

You are trying to fit me into your bullshit narrative and haven't actually ****ing read what I have wrote. You have earned the title of pisspants this morningRudy. .

2 things with this:

You are impacting someone based off another, that person is going to have a victim mentality.
So what? Somebody is ALWAYS going to claim "victimhood" no matter what is done. You seem to think that it's only an issue when white people make the claim. You should think about that.
Part of the problem with reperations and why they will never do them is IF you write that check and then the numbers fall back to where they were you actually have to acknowledge the other problems. That ain't happening.
The bill in question isn't about "writing a check" so you can dispose of that straw man immediately. I'm not playing.

Reactions: RileyHawk
FFS, we are all...EVERY ONE OF US...impacted through the fault of others every damn day. Quit whining, victim.
I'm not the victim of shit dipshit. I'm the asshole saying "lets even the playing field" and let everyone make thier own way not "let'stilt it back theother way to make things even for awhile while not acknowledging the new tilt andthe future considerstions"

Nothing helps solve racism like a little more racism. Dems are so freaking dumb it’s almost unbelievable.

I'm not the victim of shit dipshit. I'm the asshole saying "lets even the playing field" and let everyone make thier own way not "let'stilt it back theother way to make things even for awhile while not acknowledging the new tilt andthe future considerstions"
Oh...never been cut off in traffic? Never had to wait in line because somebody in front of you is slow as shit? We're all"victims of other's actions every damn day and we bitch incessantly about it so STFU.

I love how you're all about having everybody "make it on their own". Let's see how that plays out. Billy Joe's business has been a govt contractor for years...decades. His grandfather started the businees with a govt loan and by tapping into the equity he built in his 1930's Craftsman home...bought with another govt loan. Billy Joe knows who to shmooze and which palms to grease. He has people who understand the ins and out of govt contracting.

Frank opens his own contracting business...an opportunity that didn't exist for his grandfather because he couldn't get a loan to buy a house, much less start a business. He and Frank's dad did handyman work often for cash and built up a pretty good rep in their community. Frank can finally move beyond that because he got favored treatment on a loan application due to his skin color...what a travesty!! Frank knows no one but he does excellent work. They go in on equal footing for another govt contract.

Now, if you tell me they have an equal chance of getting that contract I'm telling you you're either an idiot or a liar. But, in your mind, Frank can't claim "victimhood" because the old boy network doesn't discriminate.

Dude sometimes you have normal conversations and sometimes you go full pisspants. Wherethe **** have I, wddt, in any ****ing way acted like a victim in this thread? Im saying i hate the victimhood mentality this will continue. Quit being a bitch and get your shit together Rudy.

Well from my perspective...(what a ****ing queef thing to say, we are on a message board, take your tampon out and just ****ing talk)

You are trying to fit me into your bullshit narrative and haven't actually ****ing read what I have wrote. You have earned the title of pisspants this morningRudy. .

LOL. I know you can't spell for shit and your grasp of the English language is tenuous at best but for fvcks sake, proofread your posts.

I love op ed pieces whose every link is back to more content by the same outlet. Gee. Maybe link to the actual bill?

OP clams to think US media sucks, specifically that US media is in the tank for libs. Then posts an op ed from the NY freaking Post, whose content exists almost entirely to loop you into more of its content.

OP is a critic of journalism, mind you.

He's also a kiddie-pool dumbass.
Interesting, OP, how easily triggered you are by this, while somehow just as easily remaining ignorant of, you know, racism/discrimination against minorities.

And I love the author's bio.
Also worth mentioning that

Bro, like you actually give a damn. You crave cause for feeling aggrieved because it affirms you. You're stuck in a loop. Even the author doesn't really give a damn, nor the outlet that employs her. How do I know this? Because the bill isn't linked, nor does the op ed quote or direct folks to the relevant language in the bill, nor does the author bother to make the case why there is or isn't a need for the (not provided) language to exist in the bill.

They just want a click, and they know you will give it to them. They also know that you will then share the piece, thereby generating more clicks.

Could be so easy for this PhD author to provide better insights. But she doesn't. Why? Oh, that's right, because she can make a lot of really easy money writing something that probably would take her about 8 minutes.

What's truly alarming is she is involved in some RW think tanks. She's clearly very smart. Which begs the question—to what end is she choosing to write really base, really dumb, really weak, fully emotion-triggering op eds that are surely far below her intellect?

OP, I know you love to be skeptical of the motivations behind the writings of liberal-leaning op ed writers. Flex that skepticism, you know, indiscriminately, bro!

All posted within 1 hour of the OP and he is triggered? Self awareness isn’t really your thing eh?

Reactions: SDHN2013
You said "stolen".

THE CREATION OF CENTRAL PARK​

During the early 1850s, the City began planning for a large municipal park to counter unhealthful urban conditions and provide space for recreation. In 1853, the New York State Legislature enacted a law that set aside 775 acres of land in Manhattan—from 59th to 106th Streets, between Fifth and Eighth Avenues—to create the country’s first major landscaped public park.

The City acquired the land through eminent domain, the law that allows the government to take private land for public use with compensation paid to the landowner. This was a common practice in the 19th century, and had been used to build Manhattan’s grid of streets decades earlier.
Ummm...I pointed that out...and pondered why the largest community of black land owners in the entire country was targeted. And if you think their compensation was for the actual value of the land...lol.

I realize you "aren't trying to argue" - you said so yourself - but you asked for examples and completely ignored all the other provided. You had redlining explained to you as a means to steal wealth. Yet here you are still...arguing.

Methinks you were being disingenuous in your op.

Reactions: steelhawkeye
Yes, it’s clear now that White people are the real victims of Racism.

Bravo.
No dipshit. It's clearthat this would give pisspants of the future something to point out and act like a victim ass pisspants at that time. Per Trads post regarding the framers and loans, they would have a stance, and that ****ed that in 2021 we are creating this problem.

I think it's a good thing about the bill, actually. There are way more people out in the private sector who will choose white business owners to work for them because of their race than there are government jobs minorities are chosen to do. With this bill it will still be way tilted toward non-minority businesses in terms of jobs handed out based on race but it will get it closer to an even score.

My amateur-psychologist ass thinks about pride. Prideful people love to talk about merit, meritocracy, about "earning" everything they've accumulated, be it wealth or status or whatever. There are people for whom their "achievements" are deeply central to their sense of self-value. And this is entirely understandable, especially in a status- and wealth- and consumerist-obsessed society.

Anything that even remotely suggests there were inherent advantages sort of bestowed unjustly or unfairly to them chips away at that, or threatens that self-worth. And when a person's very identity is threatened, well that is serious ƒucking business.

This can be applied to so many things. Think about the kneejerk reactions some have to discussions of toxic masculinity, for example. For some, their "manliness" is central to their identity, to their sense of self-worth. Any real or perceived threat to that is simply not allowable.

Or criticism of America. For some, being "American" is central to their identity, their sense of self-worth. Anybody who "dishonors", for example, the flag, well ƒuck that.

Pride is a real mess. It's one of my favorite seven deadlies to think about. Identity and self-worth, too. And how our society sort of engineers us to be prideful about some really trivial shit, how it engineers us to frame our sense of self-worth in some truly shitty, destructive, exploitative ways. And all, oddly, to drive consumption.

I think about this all the time too. Pride in your work and achievements, strength (or manliness I guess), merit based growth / advancement, and many other things are certainly at the core of how I was raised. They can certainly create a lot of angst framed the way you’re talking about them, but I don’t think you throw the baby out with the bath water. There are A LOT of good things that come from those characteristics, it’s just understanding how to use them and where the line is when it comes problematic. The issue is, that line is different for every person and probably changes even depending on who you’re dealing with. It’s very difficult to define when the shift from good to bad happens and requires a ton of introspection and even more getting over yourself (which I rarely see people do well on either side of the discussion).

The fact they cant see it is annoying me for some reason. Here you have someone, Rudy, who thinks of himself as intelligent and yet he has gone full ****ing dipshit.
I read the bill—the main part relevant to this discussion, anyway. Did a little reading on the program the bill references, too. Have you bothered to look at either?

All posted within 1 hour of the OP and he is triggered? Self awareness isn’t really your thing eh?
I love posts like this. It just means I have the free time and I am enjoying the discussion, however perverse the enjoyment might be. Do I seem triggered by how I state my opinions? Or is it simply post frequency that gives you the idea that you are making an objective characterization?

Each of those posts of mine that you included in your sterling offering to this discussion is based in pretty solid and easily-defended criticisms of both the OP's article and his (or others') interpretation and defense of it.

I'll ask you—have you read the bill? OP hasn't, clearly. Nor has the other poster who I've engaged on this.

I'll also ask—these criticisms of the article and its author: Are these not criticisms mirrored, often with good reason, by those with leftism-directed media skepticisms?

Ummm...I pointed that out...and pondered why the largest community of black land owners in the entire country was targeted. And if you think their compensation was for the actual value of the land...lol.

I realize you "aren't trying to argue" - you said so yourself - but you asked for examples and completely ignored all the other provided. You had redlining explained to you as a means to steal wealth. Yet here you are still...arguing.

Methinks you were being disingenuous in your op.

I'm not really arguing, I honestly asked for examples which I looked up. If I wanted an argument I would have kept posting but I chose not to other than this reply.

I love posts like this. It just means I have the free time and I am enjoying the discussion, however perverse the enjoyment might be. Do I seem triggered by how I state my opinions? Or is it simply post frequency that gives you the idea that you are making an objective characterization?

Each of those posts of mine that you included in your sterling offering to this discussion is based in pretty solid and easily-defended criticisms of both the OP's article and his (or others') interpretation and defense of it.

I'll ask you—have you read the bill? OP hasn't, clearly. Nor has the other poster who I've engaged on this.

I'll also ask—these criticisms of the article and its author: Are these not criticisms mirrored, often with good reason, by those with leftism-directed media skepticisms?
I lol at how you are trying to work the "I read it" angle while acknowledging that you have only read some of it. FWIW, I cannot find it in its entirety.

I lol at how you are trying to work the "I read it" angle while acknowledging that you have only read some of it. FWIW, I cannot find it in its entirety.
Lol. I read the section that the article provided by OP is referencing in its silly diatribe. I suppose you think I need to read the entire 2700 pages to address the dumbass article? Lol. Dude who can't find the damn thing is laughing at me for, 1) actually reading the relevant part, and 2) being ƒucking transparent and honest in that this is all I read thus far, and 3) demonstrating the willingness to learn more about the ƒucking program the bill references as part of this relevant section.

Can't make this shit up. Am I supposed to take you seriously? At all?

Here we are how many posts later and just now you're like, huh, maybe I'll check out the bill itself rather than rant and piss and moan based on some NY freaking Post op ed. Amazing.

And you can't find the bill? Weird. It came up in my first search. Second option was a CNBC.com article so I decided to click on that, curious if, unlike this great NY Post op ed, the actual bill might be linked. And sure as shit the first mention of the bill linked directly to the damn bill.

Here, pisspants: https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/_...F8A7C77D69BE09151F210EB4DFE872CD.edw21a09.pdf

Lol. I read the section that the article provided by OP is referencing in its silly diatribe. I suppose you think I need to read the entire 2700 pages to address the dumbass article? Lol.

Here we are how many posts later and just now you're like, huh, maybe I'll check out the bill itself rather than rant and piss and moan based on some NY freaking Post op ed. Amazing.

And you can't find the bill? Weird. It came up in my first search. Second option was a CNBC.com article so I decided to click on that, curious if, unlike this great NY Post op ed, the actual bill might be linked. And sure as shit the first mention of the bill linked directly to the damn bill.

Here, pisspants: https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/_...F8A7C77D69BE09151F210EB4DFE872CD.edw21a09.pdf
O well I have ****ing read that much, that's what you were touting? I thought you had read the whole ****ing bill.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Keep swinging. You were wrong, this bill is ****ing stupid and will get laughed or sued out of existence.
I humbly apologize. It was not my intent to create a sense of victimization in you. I was truly concerned about your mental state and the content of your post was...incoherent..

Be that as it may, I'd appreciate your response to an earlier post - #56 to be precise - and hear your thoughts on how that scenario represents, in any way, the "level playing field" you seem to favor. In fact, the "playing field" had to be tilted in order for our protagonist, Frank, to get his initial loan as he had very little in the way of collateral. If Billy Joe gets the contract can Frank NOT claim victimhood? Why not?

The responses here are sooooo predictable. Does the bill discriminate against white men or not? If it does, how does that possibly stand up to constitutional scrutiny?
If I recall correctly from my bar review days, this is given the lowest level of scrutiny under the Equal Protection Clause. Basically SCOTUS has decided the the federal government can pick whomever it wants to give money to

I get so damn tired of hearing this. Maybe if you looked at dealing with the fallout of our racist govt policies of the past as a duty rather than a "wrong" you could get past it. Trying to fix something that was wrong really and truly doesn't make the fix a wrong.

Discrimination on the basis of race is wrong. Full stop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT