ADVERTISEMENT

RBY celebration

You guys are getting beyond ridiculous at this point. After all of the stuff Desanto has done, which to be honest with you, I generally love (I.e. the nebraska wave), you have the audacity to come and bitch and moan about this. He injury defaulted, but the point is RBY had him twice. I hope Desanto can figure it out before BIGs.

I was almost center stage 7 rows up and was mostly watching and concerned about ADS' injury and not so much whether RBY was being a "DB" - and really didn't watch or care what RBY did during the rest of the dual - but RBY did act a bit too happy to win by injury default. But I can also see how young athletes could/would get overly excited on a stage such as this. CHA was rocking and I can see how a young man could get caught up in the moment. Not choosing sides, just mentioning what I saw from my vantage point. :)

Maybe you should go watch what all you PSU douchebags were saying when Cassar got hurt. Killing the guy for "celebrating." He did way less than RBY. Seriously you idiots are the most hypocritical and sensitive "fans" ever
Did you expect more from 10 year old fans...

I posted the video, when is he celebrating? For real, the arm raise the the brief muscle flex? Is that actually what you are complaining about?

If you're not the dumbest fu(ker on earth you would see that the camera goes to Carl while DOUCHEBAG RBY is flexing and only catches the end of it. Your idiocy is obvious though, so carry on.

If you're not the dumbest fu(ker on earth you would see that the camera goes to Carl while DOUCHEBAG RBY is flexing and only catches the end of it. Your idiocy is obvious though, so carry on.
I see that reading comprehension is difficult. I literally stated this, but thanks. I'm glad to see that you figured out how to use the caps lock on your computer as well. Next you will figure out how to italicize things to indicate you are being sarcastic. I really don't understand why people are that upset about this.

He is celebrating getting away with injuring his competition.

The look on his face was that of somebody who knew full and well what they were doing and had done.

Truth. Sorry that offends you.......
It doesn't offend me in the least bit. If you read the thread, I stated that maybe the camera didn't show the full extent of his celebration, but what I saw didn't come off as too much of a celebration, especially not something to be offended by.

It doesn't offend me in the least bit. If you read the thread, I stated that maybe the camera didn't show the full extent of his celebration, but what I saw didn't come off as too much of a celebration, especially not something to be offended by.
Well first of all, are you an Iowa fan or a Penn State fan?............

I can never tell anymore, because people do such a terrible job of displaying their allegiances.

Well first of all, are you an Iowa fan or a Penn State fan?............

I can never tell anymore, because people do such a terrible job of displaying their allegiances.
Go ahead and look at all of my posts and decide for yourself, I am on an Iowa message board, have frequently commented not to feed the trolls, which this thread is exactly attempting to bait PSU trolls into. Being offended because a kid was jacked, had his opponent in a cradle twice, and then from what I saw was a brief flex is exactly that. Then we go directly into the name calling and assuming I'm a PSU fan.

Go ahead and look at all of my posts and decide for yourself, I am on an Iowa message board, have frequently commented not to feed the trolls, which this thread is exactly attempting to bait PSU trolls into. Being offended because a kid was jacked, had his opponent in a cradle twice, and then from what I saw was a brief flex is exactly that. Then we go directly into the name calling and assuming I'm a PSU fan.
So, uhh...you're an Iowa fan........

That's all you needed to say. How much easier would that have been, Captain Righteous? ;)

Also, word of advice. The only thing you can chastise our fellow Iowa fans for regarding Penn State is the idiots that still make pedo jokes despite the fact that we keep losing to their football team...................and that's it.

Everything else, including PSU wrestlers that intentionally injure our guys and show no remorse for it, is fair game. Deal with it.

Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: squeezebox
I had no problem with RBY or what he did. He was very cool all night as was most of the team and staff aside from Gardner and Nevills. Don’t know why he lashed out at us during Marinelli match. I just asked him why he decided til now to start chirping?? I said “No, no, no! You can’t just start that stuff now!” And he actually nodded and turned back around. We did very little heckling/booing and what we did was all in fun and zero personal attacks or name calling... And I wouldn’t say we were drunk, just had a real good buzz. : )

There was a punk college kid right behind us who we told to STFU twice, the first time for screaming “be a man” over and over to DeSanto and Happel, the second for screaming obnoxiously at Joseph calling him a “bum” as he came off the mat.

Just some context as to what was going on around us. We did yell for stalling quite a bit during Marinelli/Joseph and a Cass/Nevills. The non calls in those matches were criminal, IMO.

Last edited:
This was a huge huge huge match! Both teams standing and watching the whole time, almost running on the mat, jumping on teammates almost hurting their own guys, go crazy and wild. RBY was just excited and caught in the moment knowing that each team wanted to win so much. For all bloggers and wrestler's , you know this isn't the first meet where wrestlers and the crowd get into it. If Desanto had a craddle on RBY and he stopped the match, the crowd would be booing, just my opinion. I've heard the Iowa crowd boo many times at opposing players. Yes I'm an Iowa fan {longer than most on here}, not a troll or Penn State fan. We all make mistakes and get caught in the moment. If RBY was on Iowa you guys would love him.

I had no problem with RBY or what he did. He was very cool all night as was most of the team and staff aside from Gardner and Nevills. Don’t know why he lashed out at us during Marinelli match. I just asked him why he decided til now to start chirping?? I said “No, no, no! You can’t just start that stuff now!” And he actually nodded and turned back around. We did very little heckling/booing and what we did was all in fun and zero personal attacks or name calling... And I wouldn’t say we were drunk, just had a real good buzz. : )

There was a punk college kid right behind us who we told to STFU twice, the first time for screaming “be a man” over and over to DeSanto and Happel, the second for screaming obnoxiously at Joseph calling him a “bum” as he came off the mat.

Just some context as to what was going on around us. We did yell for stalling quite a bit during Marinelli/Joseph and a Cass/Nevills. The non calls in those matches were criminal, IMO.

What did Gardner and Nevills do?

No comment on RBY, but the bitching in this thread about the fans heckling and booing is comical. Welcome to sports.

Reactions: Gobblin
Pay more attention to the fans than the mat. Every time something would go PSUs way the first thing they’d do is turn around and act like jackasses towards fans. Gardner was especially embarrassing.

Got ya. The only one I noticed doing that was RBY, but could have missed others (plus I don’t know what Gardner looks like)

I thought the more duschy thing RBY did was taunt the crowd over and over. This is combat. There's a reason a lot of coaches call the matches fights.
I don't like the flex because everybody does it. It seems like anyway. He's young and dumb. Hopefully ADS can get some revenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT