ADVERTISEMENT

My whole life I’ve believed Reffs, don’t cost games

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Yes, it’s sometimes hard to overcome, especially late, but it’s a part of the game you have to work through.

I don’t think I believe that anymore. This whole year men’s & women’s has been a disaster. And anyone watching the end of this Wiscy-PU game saw 2 of the worst calls I think I’ve ever seen.

I've seen way worse. A botched call at the barn that kept us out of the tourney

Yes…but seriously. A guy standing completely still, and a guy takes a step and a half and runs you over ?!?! And you get the call…WTH?

I did see one a few weeks ago, where a guy tripped and fell down on top of the ball and they called a foul on a guy a full two steps ahead of him…

But this was unbelievable!!

Yes…but seriously. A guy standing completely still, and a guy takes a step and a half and runs you over ?!?! And you get the call…WTH?

I did see one a few weeks ago, where a guy tripped and fell down on top of the ball and they called a foul on a guy a full two steps ahead of him…

But this was unbelievable!!
Special Ed-ey gets all the calls. The Yeti isn’t all that good.

I didn't see all of the game, but the offensive. foul on Smith against Hepburn was very shaky. Did Smith extend his left arm? Yes. Should a player as strong as Hepburn have gone down from that kind of contact? No, he took a dive.
That call really turned the game and gave Wisconsin a defensive hold, and a good opportunity to score.

Reactions: SI_NYC and ZumaHawk
I didn't see all of the game, but the offensive. foul on Smith against Hepburn was very shaky. Did Smith extend his left arm? Yes. Should a player as strong as Hepburn have gone down from that kind of contact? No, he took a dive.
That call really turned the game and gave Wisconsin a defensive hold, and a good opportunity to score.
I thought it was a foul. Fully extended his off arm multiple times to give himself space.

I thought it was a foul. Fully extended his off arm multiple times to give himself space.

It was. Hepburn is a good on ball defender and did a good job moving his feet for a good 20 seconds. Flopped at the end, but he deserved that call. That’s on Purdue going stagnant

Yes, it’s sometimes hard to overcome, especially late, but it’s a part of the game you have to work through.

I don’t think I believe that anymore. This whole year men’s & women’s has been a disaster. And anyone watching the end of this Wiscy-PU game saw 2 of the worst calls I think I’ve ever seen.
You are someone who likes to comment on other people’s intelligence, and that’s how you spell “reffs”?

Jesus.

Shannon pushed off twice last night within 4 minutes by extending the arm to get separation and made both shots with no calls. I hate the direction that basketball is going because refs pick and choose what is a foul and what’s not. Call the games the way the rule is written and the same for both teams.

I've believed they're crooked for quite a while now. When I was at the women's championship game with only a few seconds left and it had been decide, the ref had a very depressed look and was shaking his head. That proved it to me.

Meh….it had to be something and he did extend. I thought it was a dumb move on Smith

To several people at once, yeah, Smith extended, but Hepburn was sliding, and was not in front of Smith. It looked more like his momentum took him down. And, game in game out that isn't called, and certainly not at such a critical point.

To several people at once, yeah, Smith extended, but Hepburn was sliding, and was not in front of Smith. It looked more like his momentum took him down. And, game in game out that isn't called, and certainly not at such a critical point.

I’m not sure I can agree with that. That’s actually the problem. Quarter to quarter they call the game differently….

And then you get a game like that Houston, Iowa State game holy shit it was like a rugby match

Last edited:
Reactions: ZumaHawk

Your whole life you've been correct

OP must not be very old. Anyone that watched the 2005 Michigan football game or the 2006 Outback Bowl would know for a fact that refs cost teams games, in those cases corrupt refs. Heck even the 2023 women’s national championship had incompetent reffing significantly impacting the game.

Nope, plenty old enough…remember those games!

Last edited:

Way more gambling and TV money involved now. Human beings by nature are greedy and dishonest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT