ADVERTISEMENT

RBY

He’s gonna do whatever it takes to give him a chance to win. Granted the arm behind the back is a pansy move I don’t put it past him. Nobody wants to be Desanto’d like Decatur was

No. But it does make for an easy take down. You try wrestling a D1 match with a hand behind your back.
No but it isn’t that easy. Desanto found that out late last yr. go back and watch. It was a close match as opposed to straight on.

UFfc.gif

I am a lifelong hawk, but there are times that I am embarrassed by our fans consistent calling for stalling when there is none. This match however I cannot understand how RBY wasn’t stalled out. Didn’t present himself at all!!! Backed up for 7 minutes.

I am a lifelong hawk, but there are times that I am embarrassed by our fans consistent calling for stalling when there is none. This match however I cannot understand how RBY wasn’t stalled out. Didn’t present himself at all!!! Backed up for 7 minutes.
Nuff said!!!!

TnT & Co. Have been working on attacks to counter that pansy ass wrestling. We have seen AD attacking to the other side with modified ties just not much of it, YET!
Slide by to the right would offset that!!!

or Sasso last Friday night?

Reactions: chuck285
I like the p
No matter what happens or how many times rby shoots I predict a minimum 50% of the posters on this board claim he was stalling the whole time. If rby somehow pulls off the upset that number goes up from 50% to 80%.
doubt that!!!

Reactions: Grip220
No matter what happens or how many times rby shoots I predict a minimum 50% of the posters on this board claim he was stalling the whole time. If rby somehow pulls off the upset that number goes up from 50% to 80%.
Do you know what page you are on? If you don’t shoot within 30 seconds It’s stalling. Maybe less. What page do you think you are on?

Reactions: Scryed
Man if I was a wrestler and my coach told me to wrestle with one arm behind my back it would feel like a slap in the face. What a way to show your wrestler you have no confidence in him. Lol

Naw.... Backing out is stalling. One hand behind the back is just desperate tactics.

I’m sure TnT have ADS ready to generate offense against a one armed opponent.

If you have one arm behind your back you are not presenting yourself, and not looking to score. That is stalling every bit as much as backing away. I would like to think ADS has been working on some techniques to counter that.

At the same time, if Tom really wants to be smarter politically, I’d like to think that in the pre-meet conference he would ask the officials for some “clarification” on stalling, particularly from a “hypothetical” case of one wrestler not fully presenting themselves.

Are you guys all nuts? Asking for a friend:) If wrestling with one arm behind your back, held to your side etc... was a good technique. I am pretty sure in the several thousand year evolution of the sport, it might have become a technique shown by many coaches.

Fact is, I would love to Wrestle someone using this strategy! I would snap em down into a front headlock/Cement Job all night long. That being said, and as was pointed out by others. DeSanto needs to be able to work his other offenses with confidence.

I have no doubt that RBY will use the same technique. I would say it is extremely important for DeSanto to be ready for a quick shot off the whistle and for him to gain the first takedown. Having a lead will allow him to push the pace and keep this clown from stalling which is what he will want to do.

I will go on record and predict a major decision!

Reactions: Exo
Naw.... Backing out is stalling. One hand behind the back is just desperate tactics.

I’m sure TnT have ADS ready to generate offense against a one armed opponent.
I agree with others who say a hand behind the back is stalling. Stalling is defined as "not wrestling aggressively in all positions (top, bottom, and neutral)" and "wrestlers attempting to avoid wrestling action as an offensive or defensive strategy".

Further, and I may be mis-remembering this, but isn't dropping to a knee from neutral now defined as stalling? If so, whats the difference between dropping to a knee and putting your arm behind your back?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT