ADVERTISEMENT

Askren

augiehawk

HR All-State
Dec 13, 2004
I don't care what the beef is with Askren and Iowa or vice versa but they need to fix it asap. The guys he is producing wrestle the way you want Iowa guys to wrestle. OToole, Messennrink, keckeisen all wrestle the way we want our guys to wrestle.

I don't care what the beef is with Askren and Iowa or vice versa but they need to fix it asap. The guys he is producing wrestle the way you want Iowa guys to wrestle. OToole, Messennrink, keckeisen all wrestle the way we want our guys to wrestle.
only way that happens is with new coaches at Iowa. TnT don't think there is a problem with how they operate.

from hearing him talk on flowrestling it doesn’t seem like a personal thing.

he just thinks iowa doesn’t train certain positions enough which makes them uncomfortable in those spots which in turn makes them less likely to attack because they only look for clean finishes.

from hearing him talk on flowrestling it doesn’t seem like a personal thing.

he just thinks iowa doesn’t train certain positions enough which makes them uncomfortable in those spots which in turn makes them less likely to attack because they only look for clean finishes.
And it’s very hard to argue his point. It gets frustrating to see our guys get to a leg then lay on their belly or not continue to wrestle

Wait til the twins from Wisconsin take over at 97 and 285 for PSU. Those guys will be finalists right away
Ummmm no. Maybe the 197 but the HWT is not as good because of size. And the 197 isn’t as good as the kid going to Mizzou.

One way is a helluva lot more successful than the other.

It’s funny to watch the progression of the conversation over the years. I’ve always thought Askren had as good a take on wrestling as anyone, but Iowa fans always hated him because he dogs on a Iowa. But here he was a few years ago, and he nailed it, even though most Iowa fans didn’t want to hear it. I think most are coming around.

Check out at the 39 minute mark:

It was hilarious that Spencer’s girlfriend was going after Ben at the end! Is he still with her?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT