West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

the winner of the East Division plays the winner of the Northeast Division
the winner of the West Division plays the winner of the Northwest Division
the winner of these 2 games play for the Championship

to me, this provides the most excitement... and it is fair for everyone involved.
USC, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State would be the big 4. They should each be in a separate group in a scenario such as this.

How would you determine who’s in the conference championship in this format? Do you just ignore the actual regions and take the best records? Otherwise you’re adding another game which would be hard to do considering the national playoff is already expanding.
I would make it like the NFL. The Regional Champs play each other. Then winners play in B1G Championship.

I think we should end up with 4 Power Conferences each with 20 teams. Each would have 4 Regions so it would end up with 16 teams in the College Football Playoffs.

Just like in the B1G, the Regional Champs play in their own Conference and then the winners each play in their respective Conference Championships. The result would be 4 Conference Champs.

These would then play in the traditional Bowl Games on January 1 like we used to do it. I could see the B1G vs the Big 12 and the SEC vs the ACC in the Semi-Finals.

Then a week later the 2 winners play for the National Championship.

the full text in the 2nd tweet:

Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, NC State, Virginia & Virginia Tech are “The Magnificent 7” ACC schools, sources told Action Network. These schools, Ross Dellenger reported, have met in past several months, w/lawyers examining grant-of-rights to determine just how unbreakable it is. ACC deal runs thru 2036

East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

to me, this provides the most excitement... and it is fair for everyone involved.
Shouldn't one be Legends and one be Leaders? ;)

Reactions: F5n5
You put USC and Oregon into the West division and that will be tough, very tough. That puts Iowa at a consistent 4th -6th pick each year.

NCAA will eventually mimic the NFL (American vs National) with East, West, North, and South divisions.
KF will run and retire if that happens. Which he probably will do anyway after next year's final cupcake schedule. Where he will find 5 ways to still lose, as usual. KF doesn't want anything to do with a real schedule vs teams that have real talent at qb and offense.

Realignment is on HOLD until it is official that the Pac-10 cannot secure a viable new media contract.

They are looking for anything that secures them what the Big12 is getting per team...or very close to it.

If that does not happen, then the conference will most likely collapse (schools deciding to abandon ship) and you'll see the BigTen (and most likely Big12) expanding once again.

I read somewhere that the unofficial deadline to secure that media contract is before the start of the football season.
PAC12 network is a joke. They need better TV coverage.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I believe it’s already been announced that the East-West set up is going away. Even if they don’t expand any further.
As it should. 2017 was the last time the west winner had a better record than the east winner, and since then the top team in the west has had an equal or worse record than the 2nd place team in the east.

In a perfect world kick Nub out and bring Cal in, then match up the core rivalries into pods...

IllinoisMichiganCaliforniaIndiana
IowaMichigan StateNotre DameOregon
MinnesotaOhio StateStanfordPurdue
NorthwesternPenn StateUCLARutgers
WisconsinMarylandUSCWashington

9 conference games per year; four from your pod every year and rotating from the other three pods.

Home-and-Away model only for those teams in your pod.
Lol, no way Presidents of michigan, ohio state, and penn state approve that. and UW and Oregon with Rutgers??

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

I'm also okay with seeding and have 1v4 2v3. TB1 Big Ten record, TB2 H2h, TB3 BAU.

KF will run and retire if that happens. Which he probably will do anyway after next year's final cupcake schedule. Where he will find 5 ways to still lose, as usual. KF doesn't want anything to do with a real schedule vs teams that have real talent at qb and offense.
Eh, I agree the schedules will be tougher once the west goes away but I still think he will find a way to go 5-5 VS the p5 teams like he did this past regular season and get to that magical 7th win that will keep the gravy train flowing for himself and Mary, Brian, and Joanne's husband for the majority of his remaining contract.

I could be totally wrong but I don't think he'd be tolerating this nil/transfer portal /racial bias controversy stuff if his eyes weren't fixed on the financial prize. He didn't quit after '10-14 when they averaged 6 losses a season, he can definitely handle another stretch like that I'd bet

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Yes USC is good and as long as Riley is there they’ll stay good, but I don’t think the average fan realizes since 1980. They’ve only got the 15th best winning percentage in the country (10 spots better than Iowa) and UCLA is 32nd.
B=ut they do have these coaches now so the past us irrelative. USC will be the OSU of the west so to speak

Reactions: bowlhawk
A conference is barely a conference when you rarely play some members.

Might as well call the NCAA a conference.
what's the difference between today's lineup compared to when/if they expand to 20 as they will the teams you so demand that they play.

when they formed the divisions in the 1st place. did you bitch then to the BT conference officials about how/why Iowa was in the Western and not in the Eastern.

but I guess geography is something that was your weakness in grade school.

I think the whole thing is a stinking mess. Player playing for pay, transferring at will and now you can't even count on traditional rivalries.

And it's 100% about money.

Money ruins everything!

All I'm seeing is discussion of hybrid schedules that have no divisions whatsoever. I.E. the Athletic articles with options being discussed from whatever sources they have. So not sure why all the examples with "West" etc here.. Instead, each team has 2-3 protected rivals. Then the rest filled in using other factors. In some cases 1 protected rival - I'm in agreement with not forcing rivals that don't really exist. And no more divisions - West, East, Northwest, whatever.

He has lost 5 games once in the last 5 years. I’m sure you knew that, but you seem to be a bitch.

He has say in the scheduling of, at a maximum, two games a year. Iowa does the same thing 97% of power five teams do. Schedule at least two cupcakes. The other 3% schedule at least 3.

He has warts as a coach. You don’t have to make shit up to criticize him.

(Jacking off gif)

He has lost 5 games once in the last 5 years. I’m sure you knew that, but you seem to be a bitch.

He has say in the scheduling of, at a maximum, two games a year. Iowa does the same thing 97% of power five teams do. Schedule at least two cupcakes. The other 3% schedule at least 3.

(Jacking off gif)

Some of these guys are just effing stupid

(Jacking off gif)

Not only that, I, as have others shown evidence no less than 500 times on this board over the last couple years that our schedules are typically ranked pretty high. Usually in the top 30 teams in the country. Not top 30 P-five, but the top 30 teams in the country. It’s a tiresome tiresome bullshit scenario

I’m gonna try a different approach with you guys for a change… Mock me up a schedule, that the B1G would feasibly “OK“ and KF would run from?

For what it’s worth, I already know you’re trying to pretend like we’re going to play USC, UCLA, Penn, State, Ohio, State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan, State, etc. etc. every year I mean some of you cats just have no common sense!!

It will be just like it is now. Some years, our schedule will be pretty tough & some years.l it won’t, holy shit man.

Last edited:
these posterswon't be happy until Iowa has this as their schedule.

OOC
Alabama
Georgia
Nortre Dame

Conference
OSU
Michigan
PSU
Wisconsin
the rest the ones that beat Iowa on regular basis. but it has to include the 1st seven listed at a Minimum, anything less and they will still bitch that the schedule is still a weak ass schedule.

I bet if they had their way Iowa would play NFL teams primarily the 2 that just played for the NFL Championship.

East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

these posterswon't be happy until Iowa has this as their schedule.

OOC
Alabama
Georgia
Nortre Dame

Conference
OSU
Michigan
PSU
Wisconsin
the rest the ones that beat Iowa on regular basis. but it has to include the 1st seven listed at a Minimum, anything less and they will still bitch that the schedule is still a weak ass schedule.

I bet if they had their way Iowa would play NFL teams primarily the 2 that just played for the NFL Championship.

Yes, they are super ignorant!

East
Ohio State
Rutgers
Penn State
Maryland

Northeast
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana

Northwest
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern

West
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
UCLA

Those would be long road games for Iowa and its fans you would have to alternate usc and ucla so you don’t get two California road games in the same year. But could you imagine usc or ucla coming to kinnick in Novembe.

Reactions: F5n5
Those would be long road games for Iowa and its fans you would have to alternate usc and ucla so you don’t get two California road games in the same year. But could you imagine usc or ucla coming to kinnick in Novembe.
its not Kinnick in the month of November, its a road trip to Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin I am looking forward too. then there is the road trip to PSU, Maryland and Rutgers, after a couple road trips like those they might just night go wtf did we leave the PAC 12.

the expenses for flying coast to coast just to play a game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
An issue has been the east dominating the west. I would like to keep divisions but add USC and UCLA to the west and move two weaker teams from west to east. This would balance it back out. USC will/is a monster and UCLA will be a top 15 team most years. Keep divisions is my vote
UCLA has maybe half the chance that Iowa does being a top 15 school, and they have NO fan interest. They are basically Indiana on the west coast......

I don’t think the timing of the UW and Oregon report along with the magnificent seven report is a coincidence.

Further expansion will happen, it’s just a matter of when. Funny enough, the B12 is actually in a pretty good position, at least relatively speaking. They seem to be firmly in place as the most stable Tier 2 conference (mostly because no one wants their programs).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT