ADVERTISEMENT

Rebraca

kellerm

HR All-State
Jun 5, 2002
9 games in and I must admit I’m not sure what Rebraca brings to Hawks as a starter. I’m not saying he’s a liability but I think he should be replaced in the starting line up by Kris Murray or even Josh Ogundele depending on what the opponent has as far as size inside. He is not particularly dominating defensively or on the boards. Offensively we have 3 players his size that have a lot more versatility. He could bring some energy off the bench and perhaps he would play a little more relaxed without the pressure of being a starter Just spitballing. Love this team just need a few tweaks regarding player roles as we head into B10 play.

9 games in and I must admit I’m not sure what Rebraca brings to Hawks as a starter. I’m not saying he’s a liability but I think he should be replaced in the starting line up by Kris Murray or even Josh Ogundele depending on what the opponent has as far as size inside. He is not particularly dominating defensively or on the boards. Offensively we have 3 players his size that have a lot more versatility. He could bring some energy off the bench and perhaps he would play a little more relaxed without the pressure of being a starter Just spitballing. Love this team just need a few tweaks regarding player roles as we head into B10 play.
Completely agree about Rebraca. Definitely need to bring him off the bench for spot minutes.

Kris Murray needs more minutes as well. So it’s a win-win.

He did lead Iowa in rebounding tonight.
He was the only rebounder we had. Without him in there we had what, 15 rebounds as a team? There’s certainly nights when we can play both Murray’s together against a team that doesn’t have a monster like Kofi. We also have a coaches kid at 6-9 who got 1 rebound tonight. That’s probably pretty close to his account. That hurts us as much as anything.

Rebraca is not a good choice as a fill in 5.

Josh O has got a long way to go, but he really should have been used more against Kofi in the second half.
I agree Rebraca has been underwhelming (not bad) but hopefully light comes on soon.

He’s playing out of position at the 5. Kris offers more at this point, as does Perkins over JBo. Perkins got the majority of the minutes as he should have. Kris had 4.5 less minutes on the floor than Rebraca which I can’t say I understand.

Whenever Rebraca was out Iowa got dominated in rebounding. Rebraca was the only guy rebounding tonight. Kris had a stretch but even he was having major trouble. Keegan didn't show up on the glass tonight. I agree Josh should have been utilized more but Rebraca was the only one willing to bang with Kofi tonight. Fran really should have grabbed a true center in the portal in addition to Rebraca. Rebounding will be a big issue in the B1G this year. FT shooting has to be better and likely will.

Whenever Rebraca was out Iowa got dominated in rebounding. Rebraca was the only guy rebounding tonight. Kris had a stretch but even he was having major trouble. Keegan didn't show up on the glass tonight. I agree Josh should have been utilized more but Rebraca was the only one willing to bang with Kofi tonight. Fran really should have grabbed a true center in the portal in addition to Rebraca. Rebounding will be a big issue in the B1G this year. FT shooting has to be better and likely will.

Rebacca, Kris, and JoshO can play 5 by committed. I think Kris should get some of PMacs minutes at the 3, because PMAC is not rebounding well so far this year. Perkins deserves majority of 2 minutes at expense of Jbo/CMAC minutes. I'd like to see more Standfort because he is a shooter.....this team doesn't have any pure shooters other than JBO and Standfort. JBo can't get his shot off vs anyone that has scouted Iowa and knows
you have to stick on him---Standort on other hand gets his shot off pretty easily because he's taller and has quick release.

Fran has a hard time playing 5 guys that don't include at least one of his two boys or at very least Jbo.

Rebacca, Kris, and JoshO can play 5 by committed. I think Kris should get some of PMacs minutes at the 3, because PMAC is not rebounding well so far this year. Perkins deserves majority of 2 minutes at expense of Jbo/CMAC minutes. I'd like to see more Standfort because he is a shooter.....this team doesn't have any pure shooters other than JBO and Standfort. JBo can't get his shot off vs anyone that has scouted Iowa and knows
you have to stick on him---Standort on other hand gets his shot off pretty easily because he's taller and has quick release.

Fran has a hard time playing 5 guys that don't include at least one of his two boys or at very least Jbo.
Connor I'll give a little leeway as he can play defense and has some size.
Bohannon needs to play 10 mpg, max, or when we need multiple guards playing late.
Perkins, Ulis, Joe, Keegan, and Patrick should start.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
Connor I'll give a little leeway as he can play defense and has some size.
Bohannon needs to play 10 mpg, max, or when we need multiple guards playing late.
Perkins, Ulis, Joe, Keegan, and Patrick should start.
Agreed, that 5 or swap Kris for Pat. We don't have ideal size no matter who starts, so might as well get the best guys on the floor.

Fran’s coaching was piss poor. He continues to play the starters too long in both halves. In the first, the bench came in and lit up Illinois…then Fran leaves them in too long and they were gassed.

Second half, first six minutes with the starters again. Why? And then he finally realizes he should put his biggest guy in on Kofi. Just a terrible job tonight…and yet the guys still had a shot at the end.

Last edited:
Fran’s coaching was piss poor. He continues to play the starters too long in both halves. In the first, the bench came in and lit up Illinois…then Fran leaves them in too long and they were gassed.

Second half, first six minutes with the starters again. Why? And then he finally realizes he should put his biggest guy in on Kofi. Just a terrible job tonight…and yet the guys still had a shot at the end.
Great post.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
Well, he did more than Austin Ash.

Rebraca is the most physical player on the team by far and what he lacks he makes up for with hustle and energy. As the younger guys get more confident maybe his minutes will go down but for now we need him. He handled Kofi extremely tough considering the size disadvantage. If you watched closely he was bodying him up fairly well until later in the game. He’s not in there for his offense and the team doesn’t need him to be either.

Tony Perkins gives us more of a upside than jbo. If isn't hitting the three he is a defense liability we all that. Give Kris more minutes quicker team. Pmac got to step up more

It really was a poor night in regards to subbing, opposite of the Virginia game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT