ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

Dick Wolf Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

But they do have windows at their practice facility
I guess these high ranked kids don’t do their homework and see that tOSU underperforms their talent level consistently. Cornell does as a team, but have had decent individual results, and they have the pull of getting an Ivy League degree.

That is pretty useless information. You could recruit 5 kids ranked from 90 to 100 every year for 10 years and top this list. A list of top 5, 10, 15, or 20 kids would be much more informative.
Right? A top 100 kid is theoretically in the top 3-4 hundred for all classes, eh?

It really is ok to just call 2020 what it is - a lost year.

Iowa was the HEAVY favorite to win.

PSU would have had a puncher's chance considering their consistent success at putting it in the finals.

We do not need to call ourselves the 2020 national champs. That's just stupid. No one competed in the tournament.
I am sure one of the math wizs could run simulations and they would prove out that Iowa would win 60-70% of the time, PSU would win 20-25% of the time, cornell X%, OSU x% and so on. Iowa was the heavy favorite, but there was likely a 30% chance someone else could win. To quote a crappy head coach....thats why they play the game

I am sure one of the math wizs could run simulations and they would prove out that Iowa would win 60-70% of the time, PSU would win 20-25% of the time, cornell X%, OSU x% and so on. Iowa was the heavy favorite, but there was likely a 30% chance someone else could win. To quote a crappy head coach....thats why they play the game
I just ran the simulations. As expected, was an 82.8% probability Iowa wins that year. Round up if you like.

Has anyone else heard about Dee Lockett being in Iowa City?

My ISU buddy said they have some big, surprise recruit flipping to them soon. Out of curiosity, I looked at The Mat forums and one of the guys on there is saying that Lockett is in Iowa right now training.

Or maybe "to Iowa" meant Iowa State?

Screenshot-2024-06-20-at-9-30-15-AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GableBeer
Has anyone else heard about Dee Lockett being in Iowa City?

My ISU buddy said they have some big, surprise recruit flipping to them soon. Out of curiosity, I looked at The Mat forums and one of the guys on there is saying that Lockett is in Iowa right now training.

Or maybe "to Iowa" meant Iowa State?

Screenshot-2024-06-20-at-9-30-15-AM.png
If he does flip to ISU that is a massive win for the clones He looks the part of a multi time national champion.

Reactions: GlenHawk
Woah don’t get me excited now.
This isnt New news. Iowa has been recruiting him for awhile now. He took one of his official visits to Iowa but ultimately choose osu. I figure Iowa sees him as taking over for Caliendo after a RS and later moving up to 174 possibly after Arnold?

Reactions: js8793
1. Marcus Blaze
2. Dee Lockett (if he’s really back in play)
3. BO BASSETT
3. Raney Brothers
4. Hutchinson

Reactions: KYHWKY
1. Marcus Blaze
2. Dee Lockett (if he’s really back in play)
3. BO BASSETT
3. Raney Brothers
4. Hutchinson
Let's change that order to
1. Bassett
2. Lockett(If he is really in play)
3. Raney Brothers
4. Melvin Miller
5. Hutcherson

I just don't think we are anywhere close to getting Blaze.

Reactions: Spoons and sabula

Crazy stat. Ohio St. should be performing better at nationals imo.
2015-2019 finished 1,3,2,2,2
2020-2022 was bad
2023 finished 4th (last year of team trophy for 4th place)
2024 would have finished 2nd if Sasso doesnt get shot (or possibly 3rd if Iowa doesnt have gambling suspensions)

6 team trophies in 10 years included in Willie's 10 year recruiting numbers
3 bad years

I was at Ohio State most of the 90s when the wrestling program was a glorified club team... the above, to me, is like playing with house money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT