ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

I don’t think he wrestles for Cory Clark, but he will be a stud 65 pounder. Ironman runner up this year, but is also very good at football.
Tremendous running back (smallish), watched him play several games last year, cannot hit him and bring him down. Stewart has great balance, opponents must tackle (grab) to bring him to turf. Stewart is a good student, thought to be leaning to Ivy League recruitment. As noted, signing Stewart to an NCAA scholarship most likely will be an intense process.

Does the kid In question have a twin?

Each of the brothers who committed today have twins. And that twin is the other commit.

olsen twins GIF

Aaron Stewart: Class of 2026, 157 lbs. Warren High School (Chicago).

Stewart is arguably best high school wrestler (regardless of weight class) in Illinois, and should be (will be) on everyone’s watch list. Competition to sign Stewart will be intense.

I observed Warren High School wrestle a summer tournament last week, competition was marginal. Stewart was impressive, exceptionally athletic, solid in all positions, finishes consistently. The University of Iowa should push hard for Stewart, Hawkeyes have deep connections and broad influence in Illinois high school wrestling; Alex Tsirtsis, Cory Clark, Williams brothers, Mike Mena, Anthony Cassioppi, et al.

Just a FYI - Warren High School is not in Chicago. It is in Gurnee (ie. Great America). About as suburban as you can get.

Reactions: kkhawk and burk11
Just a FYI - Warren High School is not in Chicago. It is in Gurnee (ie. Great America). About as suburban as you can get.
Good point! Most on this forum will not know Gurnee, IL. However they will understand the generic geography of Chicago. My posting was simply intended to be a point of orientation. Surprise, I live just minutes from Warren Township High School ( the Almond Road Campus, not the O'Plain Road Campus). My apologies, did not intend to offend or slight the forum readers.

Last edited:
Good point! Most on this forum will not know Gurnee, IL. However they will understand the generic geography of Chicago. My posting was simply intended to be a point of orientation. Surprise, I live just minutes from Warren Township High School ( the Almond Road Campus, not the O'Plain Road Campus). My apologies, did not intend to offend or slight the forum readers.
Certainly did not offend me as even though I have lived in Illinois for nearly 40 years I still consider Iowa home. I do find it funny that most suburban people, including myself, often will say Chicago when asked where they are from. Not really something to be proud of anymore.

FYI - you probably live just a few minutes from me too!

Iowa had 10 qualifiers PSU 7. Iowa had 3 #1 seeds and 2,3,5,7,8 &11 seeds

PSU had 2 #1 seeds, 2 #2 seeds and a #5 seed Rasheed was a #21 seed. Verkleeren #19 seed.

It was literally 9-10 against 5.

I’d like to see your possibilities.
Illnesses, injuries, upsets. No solid favorite is ever a 100% lock. Going back ten years Iowa has not had more than 1 champ per year. As I said Iowa has under performed, PSU until recently was over performing. Now their results are probably expected. I still think Iowa was a solid favorite.

Certainly did not offend me as even though I have lived in Illinois for nearly 40 years I still consider Iowa home. I do find it funny that most suburban people, including myself, often will say Chicago when asked where they are from. Not really something to be proud of anymore.

FYI - you probably live just a few minutes from me too!
Proud resident of Libertyville, IL since 1980. My residency was employment transfer from Houston, Tejas. Raised a farm boy Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Still farm the family Century Farm in Henry County. University of Iowa Graduate (B.S./M.S.). Knew most of wrestlers on mid-70's great teams. Regularly attend high school athletics (and Northwestern athletics) throughout Chicagoland. Big supporter/women's athletics (basketball/volleyball). Never miss LHS vs WTHS competition, great rivalry.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawrestler4life
It's in a few threads. Most of the regular readers here accepted this reality months ago so it isn't as newsworthy as one might think.
I haven't been on here. Came on because I saw the Miller's committed and AJ just popped up on my FB.

Angelo splitting up from his brothers is a big win for Iowa. Angelo will not hurt Iowa's recruiting like AJ and Anthony did.
We know we are ****ed at 197 after this year unless a really good guy enters the portal next year with 2 years left to give the miller kid a chance to develop into a legit D1 197 contender. He is a project, would hate to see him thrown to the wolves too early and loose confidence. We still don’t know if Anthony is gone also. He would not make an immediate impact like AJ, but would be an insurance policy to help keep Angelo.

Last edited:
Nah, football Lion titles in 1982 and 1986 were real and tangible, backed by athletic competition and the recognized process in place at the time. Actual games over the course of a season fueled rankings by 5 arbiters (AP, UPI, USA/CNN, FWAA, NFF). Season ending bowl selection those years neatly matched the top-ranked teams each year (Georgia in ‘82, Miami in ‘86) with the #2 team in all polls (Penn State). Lions then upset both #1’s in direct athletic competition to claim tangible, NCAA-recognized titles by all 5 polling aribiters.
If you need to dethrone all pre-CFP NCAA football champs chosen so unanimously to make your case for a 2020 Iowa wrestling title, do it. While most agree that not completing a sport’s title-granting procedure is the part that makes such a claim “mythical”, it harms no one for Hawk fans to believe that one was theirs. Maybe better, though, to focus on the clear and present prospects of what should be an outstanding team. You have the last word.
Hmmm. Do tell. Why was the "supposed" NCAA football Championship always referred to as mythical prior to the BCS/etc. system? You can believe as hard and as long as you want, but the reality is there was no NCAA sanctioned football championship for then D1A teams in the 1980's.
Sorry. NOT.

We know we are ****ed at 197 after this year unless a really good guy enters the portal next year with 2 years left to give the miller kid a chance to develop into a legit D1 197 contender. He is a project, would hate to see him thrown to the wolves too early and loose confidence. We still don’t know if Anthony is gone also. He would make an immediate impact like AJ, but would be an insurance policy to help keep Angelo.

LOL Anthony would not have made the lineup. At least not in the near future.

You really love the Ferrari boys.

Aaron Stewart: Class of 2026, 157 lbs. Warren High School (Chicago).

Stewart is arguably best high school wrestler (regardless of weight class) in Illinois, and should be (will be) on everyone’s watch list. Competition to sign Stewart will be intense.

I observed Warren High School wrestle a summer tournament last week, competition was marginal. Stewart was impressive, exceptionally athletic, solid in all positions, finishes consistently. The University of Iowa should push hard for Stewart, Hawkeyes have deep connections and broad influence in Illinois high school wrestling; Alex Tsirtsis, Cory Clark, Williams brothers, Mike Mena, Anthony Cassioppi, et al.

He is very good but also a good football player. He may choose football over wrestling.

It was voted on. That's the key.
It seems by your definition any voting / ranking conceived by humans that factors into the selection of championship partipants is suspect.

Since coaches' ranking can affect the selected 33 NCAA D1 wrestling participants, by your logic, it appears those championship are also slightly tainted.

It seems by your definition any voting / ranking conceived by humans that factors into the selection of championship partipants is suspect.

Since coaches' ranking can affect the selected 33 NCAA D1 wrestling participants, by your logic, it appears those championship are also slightly tainted.

Well any rankings are subjective...so...yeah.

I can't believe you compared voting on a football championship to rankings and thought you proved a point in your favor. That's an interesting strategy.

No. Miller’s will need a RS. Maybe Hill could go down for a year but I highly doubt it. Franklin retiring left us with a big hole to fill next year.
Definitely left 197 in a tough spot. So the one Milller brother is the future at 197 for the Hawks we are hoping?

Well any rankings are subjective...so...yeah.

I can't believe you compared voting on a football championship to rankings and thought you proved a point in your favor. That's an interesting strategy.

Thanks for acknowledging.

Nice try at diversion.

Don't hate me, because I made the point of degrees. Everyone with half a brain knows that degrees are inherently subjective and their cutoffs are inherently arbitrary. You just prefer yours. Nitwhatever preferred his. It's not really debate worthy.

Don't become the @Gabe582 of window fame of what constitutes a valid college championship.

We got beat to the punch by 6 teams, every other team I’m sure high on his list beat us except PSU and okst, but at least one of the Brands stayed up to make an early morning call. We know PSU doesn’t feel they have to chase this guy much since he’s always in their room working out with their guys, but with his top recruit teammate almost a lock for okst I’m surprised Taylor waited to be one of the last ones to call. Does he think he’s already on Carl’s level , where recruits chase you???
I wouldnt be surprised if Caels first call was to Jax...

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I get a Spencer Lee vibe with Bo tbh

i.e., face of the program vibe
Bo is the king of marketing and promoting himself. Gotta give him props for sure...and he backs it up with his wrestling. I prefer the way Jax goes about his business personally...kinda think he has more upside as well. I think Jax is the one Cael covets and won't conceed anything to Ok St.

We know we are ****ed at 197 after this year unless a really good guy enters the portal next year with 2 years left to give the miller kid a chance to develop into a legit D1 197 contender. He is a project, would hate to see him thrown to the wolves too early and loose confidence. We still don’t know if Anthony is gone also. He would not make an immediate impact like AJ, but would be an insurance policy to help keep Angelo.
I'd rather keep AJ than Anthony. Anthony is a straight up sociopath type.

Bo is the king of marketing and promoting himself. Gotta give him props for sure...and he backs it up with his wrestling. I prefer the way Jax goes about his business personally...kinda think he has more upside as well. I think Jax is the one Cael covets and won't conceed anything to Ok St.

Tough kid and from what I seen he battles hard. Not sure he is on the level of Iowa. Do you think they are reaching out to him because he is teammates with Bo? I just watched some matches of him at the US Open. He scraps hard.

He was specifically mentioned by Bo during his and Forrest's interview with Flo.

Reactions: pawrestler4life
Tough kid and from what I seen he battles hard. Not sure he is on the level of Iowa. Do you think they are reaching out to him because he is teammates with Bo? I just watched some matches of him at the US Open. He scraps hard.
There’s a video on his YouTube of him, Tom, and Terry holding the NCAA trophy in 2021, so TnT are familiar with him

Sometimes arguing for the sake of arguing can make one look like a douche.

Didn’t realize he had a medical RS
I spoke to Tom in early May. I believe he told me that Zach could have 2 years if he wanted to pursue it. I didn't press in for details. I am guessing medical but I don't know what year would have applied and i am guessing Zach would still have to submit the request for approval. And of course he would have to want to stay for the 7th year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT