ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

I’m just following what @Multi-Hawk and @IAChief32 have said
Guess he just hasn’t made it official like Aj did. It does look like Anthony has been in Florida and Georgia mostly doing striking MMA stuff, and you would think he would be in IC training with the team and brother now if he planned on being with the team. Still not sure what happened with him after the SS, we know why AJ didn’t work after the SS. Still think he could have been a nice 157 for us, even if he had to sit another year if this Teemer transfer rumor is true. Glad to see little brother staying the coarse so far. Looks small next to Warner on full feed. Wonder if he’s holding his own somewhat?

Guess he just hasn’t made it official like Aj did. It does look like Anthony has been in Florida and Georgia mostly doing striking MMA stuff, and you would think he would be in IC training with the team and brother now if he planned on being with the team. Still not sure what happened with him after the SS, we know why AJ didn’t work after the SS. Still think he could have been a nice 157 for us, even if he had to sit another year if this Teemer transfer rumor is true. Glad to see little brother staying the coarse so far. Looks small next to Warner on full feed. Wonder if he’s holding his own somewhat?
That train has left the station, from what I’ve heard. It sounds like he’s the most dangerous of the clan. I’m happy to have Angelo on board.

Reactions: Hawkgma
That train has left the station, from what I’ve heard. It sounds like he’s the most dangerous of the clan. I’m happy to have Angelo on board.
Hopefully Angelo is the only one who doesn’t piss away talent and opportunity, and has a great 4-5 years here. Speaking of recruiting, any indication when Blaze will announce. Just crush our dreams now and get it over with man. Unusual for a top guy to take this long before committing.

The dust up with Rathje was nothing, imo.
Agree, other than the retaliation push after the match, thought he took it well with Rathje mocking him instead of handshake, and just walk off too all the boo’s . Thought his anger management classes must have worked. Nobody could come up with any police reports from the rumored run in while in Florida. I guess him getting booted will remain a mystery. Been a hell of a 14 month ride with wrestling recruiting.

Agree, other than the retaliation push after the match, thought he took it well with Rathje mocking him instead of handshake, and just walk off too all the boo’s . Thought his anger management classes must have worked. Nobody could come up with any police reports from the rumored run in while in Florida. I guess him getting booted will remain a mystery. Been a hell of a 14 month ride with wrestling recruiting.

He was kicked out of Okie State and hasn’t been a high school or college student for 2 years.

That’s not much of a mystery.

Reactions: el dub
He was kicked out of Okie State and hasn’t been a high school or college student for 2 years.

That’s not much of a mystery.
Well, I’m pretty sure they’re asking about the mystery of how he wore out his welcome in IC, eh?

I wish Anthony could have worked out. I’ve seen guys like him (a temper) completely turn it around. Also, it seems to that he at least had some self-awareness. His first cut in years I imagine, a hefty one at that, and it was real close with Rathjen who I also respect as a wrestler.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
it was a desperation move to begin with and ended exactly like 99 percent of people knew it would. I understand why they did it, but it never should have been necessary.
I don’t think 99% of folks knew it would end as it appears to be. Not even close to 83%. But the naysayers were pretty vocal and that may be coloring your perception.

And it never should have been necessary.

Reactions: crazyazn
Projects 184, which will be either Gabe or Nelson. It would make most sense for him to RS this year use his 5 duals and take over 84 next year.
Likely a natural 174, and stated during his recruitment that if he committed to Rutgers or Virginia Tech he’d go 174, but if he chose Iowa he’d be at 184. Hopefully, with his “fast twitch Italian genetics” he can put on size and be a hammer at 184 in 25-26.

It was more his extra curricular actions than academics that lead to him no longer being welcomed
That’s assumed, there has never been any solid facts on what these supposed extra curricular problems are. We know a starter of ours last year has had DUI, public intox, and other traffic violations and just got a small slap on the wrist. Other guys in the past have broken laws and stayed on the team and even started. Just wondering what he did to actually get booted??

• Haha
Reactions: FatWoodchuck
That’s assumed, there has never been any solid facts on what these supposed extra curricular problems are. We know a starter of ours last year has had DUI, public intox, and other traffic violations and just got a small slap on the wrist. Other guys in the past have broken laws and stayed on the team and even started. Just wondering what he did to actually get booted??
Sounds to me like you are starting to put the pieces together yourself.

You’re almost there.

Likely a natural 174, and stated during his recruitment that if he committed to Rutgers or Virginia Tech he’d go 174, but if he chose Iowa he’d be at 184. Hopefully, with his “fast twitch Italian genetics” he can put on size and be a hammer at 184 in 25-26.
Probably can grow into a good size 184, but wouldn’t want him starting this year any higher than 174. At iron man, he said 165 wasn’t bad cut. Definitely needs a redshirt now we have Nelson back and Gabe already used his shirt. One of those 2 will be our 184, hopefully decided by end of summer.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan

Two of the more successful college wrestling coaches have kicked the brothers to the curb. Other coaches are not tripping over each other to recruit them.

Why can't you accept that there must be legitimate reasons they are taking a pass? Especially since one of the two is a former champ.

Live your tag, fella. Love being liberated from them! Hawks got the prize and discarded all consequences. It’s called a win-win. Have a beer to celebrate. Grill a steak. Design an Olympic medal case for the new digs, for godsakes. Just move the hell on from your odd obsession to poison a strong Hawk team.

You are just ignorant of those solid facts. When you close your eyes, the world doesn’t really go away. Neither does their past behavior, even if you can’t fathom what that entailed. Two top programs decided they want nothing to do with a past national champ. THAT should be all you need to know, imo.

You are just ignorant of those solid facts. When you close your eyes, the world doesn’t really go away. Neither does their past behavior, even if you can’t fathom what that entailed. Two top programs decided they want nothing to do with a past national champ. THAT would be all you need to know, imo.
I believe he's referring to Anthony, not AJ

Reactions: el dub
Everything in that post also applies to Anthony. He's been kicked out of more schools if I'm not mistaken.
Except for the part of being a past national champ.
I believe Okie St and Iowa were his only issues, but it doesn't matter, the program is better off without him.
Angelo is here and that's what really matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT