ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

Huh? Is that you, Anthony?
Embarrassed The Office GIF by Justin

That’s assumed, there has never been any solid facts on what these supposed extra curricular problems are. We know a starter of ours last year has had DUI, public intox, and other traffic violations and just got a small slap on the wrist. Other guys in the past have broken laws and stayed on the team and even started. Just wondering what he did to actually get booted??
Your Mom

There, done now

I don't know why Tom and Fellers haven't spoken for over a year, but have you ever spent any time around Fellers?
I know he is part of Sebolt, but a little bit of Fellers goes a long long way.
Well considering we get most of our wrestlers from sebolt this might be a bad thing.

Wrestle in college, graduate, retire. Bank principal. Live off the $200,000 to $400,000/year interest. The end.
Assuming he gets the full 1M per year for four years and touches none of it, please tell me where he is going to get a safe and consistent return of $200,000 - $400,000 per year interest so he can retire after graduating?

Assuming he gets the full 1M per year for four years and touches none of it, please tell me where he is going to get a safe and consistent return of $200,000 - $400,000 per year interest so he can retire after graduating?
$200,000 is five percent of 4 million. There are savings accounts offering 4.75%. Any type of investment vehicle should earn between 5-10% annually, eh?

Fellers also said that Iowa will offer Bo Bassett $750K -$1 million per year. Wow!
My 1975 summer as a rising HS senior wrestler (119) was spent worrying how much under-the-table cash I could earn helping a landscaper cut large yards with only a pushmower. These days, Bo and others are deciding if they’ll be buying a new house for their parents in a year or so. Endless online self-promotion or not, I say good for them.

$200,000 is five percent of 4 million. There are savings accounts offering 4.75%. Any type of investment vehicle should earn between 5-10% annually, eh?
We were in an upside down market (also a sign of a recession coming) that won't last. Before the start of the year you could get an annual CD's at 5%. Short term actually paid much better than long term during that time. More than that and you start with some level of risk and just take a look at the market now. I'm not saying he couldn't have a nice little nest egg - but retiring on it is not likely with market volatility and the need for toys.

We were in an upside down market (also a sign of a recession coming) that won't last. Before the start of the year you could get an annual CD's at 5%. Short term actually paid much better than long term during that time. More than that and you start with some level of risk and just take a look at the market now. I'm not saying he couldn't have a nice little nest egg - but retiring on it is not likely with market volatility and the need for toys.
Historical averages on investments are around 10%. A CD is considered a low risk, low return investment. He would be fine to retire on 4 million unless he spent money like a maniac. Most people will not make $4mil in there entire working career.

Historical averages on investments are around 10%. A CD is considered a low risk, low return investment. He would be fine to retire on 4 million unless he spent money like a maniac. Most people will not make $4mil in there entire working career.
Really depends on what political party controls the country over the next 10-20 years. Really sucks that there are these radical swings now in investment returns and the health of the economy that can happen every 4 years. These are bizarre times, don’t think we can go on historical data to predict what will happen with the market over the next 10-20 years.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Well, we have to agree to disagree on this one then. Not many people retire with a $4,000,000 nest egg. I’m guessing that would be in the top 10% of citizens in the U$.

Edit: Ten % of U$ retirees have a nest egg of $1,000,000. That four million puts you near the top 0.1 % of people in this country.

Historical averages on investments are around 10%. A CD is considered a low risk, low return investment. He would be fine to retire on 4 million unless he spent money like a maniac. Most people will not make $4mil in their entire working career.
Inflation. Your CD is earning 5%, but inflation is 3%. Inflation will erode that $4M over a long retirement. A mix of stocks and bonds, over 40 years or so, would provide an inflation adjusted income of maybe $140k with a starting value of $4M.

I also wouldn’t plan on 10% a year going forward.

Reactions: el dub and sabula
Well, we have to agree to disagree on this one then. Not many people retire with a $4,000,000 nest egg. I’m guessing that would be in the top 10% of citizens in the U$.

Edit: Ten % of U$ retirees have a nest egg of $1,000,000. That four million puts you near the top 0.1 % of people in this country.
I'm not really disagreeing with you - I just don't think you could or should plan on a regular steady return over what should be a retirement period of 50+ years. Most retirements are for 10-15 years or so with all of the major purchases already done. There will be plenty of years where unless you are in low interest gauranteed type investmensts, you are likley to have very minimal returns and even lose money.

Inflation. Your CD is earning 5%, but inflation is 3%. Inflation will erode that $4M over a long retirement. A mix of stocks and bonds, over 40 years or so, would provide an inflation adjusted income of maybe $140k with a starting value of $4M.

I also wouldn’t plan on 10% a year going forward.
Retirement at age 22 is a long time for that money to last. I’m sure he would never do that, doesn’t seem lazy

Right now you can put that in high yield savings account that pays nearly 5% per year. 5% on 4 million is 200k.

Reactions: el dub
Of course people will argue with everything on here but 5mm in the bank (yes, not income but after taxes) will garner about 200k a year...his point remains

Of course people will argue with everything on here but 5mm in the bank (yes, not income but after taxes) will garner about 200k a year...his point remains
Where did the extra 1-2 million come from?
How much income was earned in the bank from 2008 through 2022?
I’ll answer, literally nothing.

Last edited:
We NEED to get Bo on board he is a Spencer Lee type guy that could help rejuvenate the program!! Add the twins and all the sudden we have some Very Nice pieces to build around!!

We NEED to get Bo on board he is a Spencer Lee type guy that could help rejuvenate the program!! Add the twins and all the sudden we have some Very Nice pieces to build around!!
It almost makes sense. Bo would worshipped by the biggest and best fan base in college wrestling; a savior. But he would just be another cog in the PSU machine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT