ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

RE Jarrell Miller, I like that he seems athletic, I like that he has a longer body type with long arms. Someone had him in the low 20s in his class which is better than Franklin was ranked. With the AJ situation up in the air they need someone. You can't say he is elite blue chip level at this time but I am at least encouraged he has some physical attributes to potentially get to that level. Ty is not considered as good but would be good value for a guy who is more of a project.
Sound like kids we’d go after HARD.

Sound like kids we’d go after HARD.
Just wonder if the bigger one would stay if the smaller gave up after a year or two and transferred, like the Shriever twins? Even Iowa state has a pretty good 174 who will be there 2-3 more years but their 184 would open up sooner.

Reactions: el dub
Good article to hear what appealed them to visit Iowa.
Not sure if it’s behind a paywall or not but certainly worth a read. The reasons they give are pretty much polar opposite to the negative narratives being spun around here regarding Tom, Terry and staff. Not that it matters much what is being said if we don’t start getting better results on the recruiting front and at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Add Bo to that list. Could give a token Bobby T call to Forrest, but odds of getting him are about like getting Knox last year.
Flo just talking about where Marcus blaze is going, and they think PSU or tOSU, with Michigan having outside shot with Purdue. No mention of Iowa, but said he wants to stay close to home, and apparently Michigan campus not to far either. Didn’t figure we would get him, but sucks when reality sets in. We need him worse than anyone of those teams other than Purdue. If goes PSU, they will finally be as loaded in lower weights as much as their upper weights.

Here are a few names that Iowa staff should call as well.

Munaretto - IL 133lb
Stewart - IL 165lb
Harer - PA 157lb Probably follows his brother to Rutgers
Dillard - PA 133lb
Knight - IA 133lb
Mickel - was IA but think he moved back to PA 197lb

Here are a few names that Iowa staff should call as well.

Munaretto - IL 133lb
Stewart - IL 165lb
Harer - PA 157lb Probably follows his brother to Rutgers
Dillard - PA 133lb
Knight - IA 133lb
Mickel - was IA but think he moved back to PA 197lb
Are these projected college weights, or current weight class? Wasn’t mickel pretty short for 197??

88-Damien Yeoman
94-Chase Watkinson
100-Ethan Humphrey/Urijah Couter
106-Hayden Schwab/Hendrix Schwab
113-Alexander Pierce
120-Gavin Landers/Cale Vandermark
126-Mathew Tran
132-Dawson Youngblut/ Drew Anderson
138-Justis Jesuroga/Mandius Volenti
144-Ethan Christoffer/Dylan Colleran
150- Maximus Dhabolt
157-Jaxon Miller/Noah Howk-Erwin
165-Parker Casey/Macklin Penner
175-Brayden Koester/Broedy Hendricks
190-Andy Franke
215-Mason Koehler
285-JT Kelso

Iowa’s 16U national dual team looks pretty solid. I expect them to finish top 4 in both styles.

IM

99.9% sure Forrest follows Taylor to Stillwater. As for Bo that will be very interesting. Spencer wins Gold in a few months and we jump into the mix. Right now I say it’s Oky State, psu and Iowa in that order but if Spencer wins Gold I truly believe that puts us in the lead. Bottom line Spencer wins Gold and the new facilities will help land a a few more recruits. The field is going to start leveling out guys. With Taylor in Stillwater and a bottomless bucket of money things are going to level out.

99.9% sure Forrest follows Taylor to Stillwater. As for Bo that will be very interesting. Spencer wins Gold in a few months and we jump into the mix. Right now I say it’s Oky State, psu and Iowa in that order but if Spencer wins Gold I truly believe that puts us in the lead. Bottom line Spencer wins Gold and the new facilities will help land a a few more recruits. The field is going to start leveling out guys. With Taylor in Stillwater and a bottomless bucket of money things are going to level out.
You think oky st. In lead for Bo also ?? Thought PSU and tOSU were the favorites for him, with us as an outside chance.

Reactions: HawkeyePA

So things are going to lvl out you think? You had to say it twice 😂.

Seriously though, how about we just let Spencer do his thing…man has enough on his plate. We need some champs is what we need. Also, we’ll have our shot with Bo.

Everyone not named PSU is groveling over crumbs, Okie State has at least made moves to potentially elevate themselves to be an actual contender.

i had 84/97 for Mickel. you're probably right that he's better suited for 84. i just haven't seen him in quite a while.

Everyone not named PSU is groveling over crumbs, Okie State has at least made moves to potentially elevate themselves to be an actual contender.
If Taylor levels the field, just means all top guys going to 2 schools instead of one. If anything, we may have gotten some of the kids that will choose OSU now.

So things are going to lvl out you think? You had to say it twice 😂.

Seriously though, how about we just let Spencer do his thing…man has enough on his plate. We need some champs is what we need. Also, we’ll have our shot with Bo.
Agree, having finalists and champions is what recruits notice, since it is an individual sport. Gable winning gold didn’t have top guys flocking to Minnesota. Didn’t we have a year we won team championship, but PSU had more finalists and champions, so PSU still go all the praise and attention on TV.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Agree, having finalists and champions is what recruits notice, since it is an individual sport. Gable winning gold didn’t have top guys flocking to Minnesota. Didn’t we have a year we won team championship, but PSU had more finalists and champions, so PSU still go all the praise and attention on TV.
It makes the sport unique, similar to track and field and weight lifting sports.

Woah Bobby T doesn’t call recruits, recruits are expected to call him. Its Iowa for crying out loud
I ain’t gonna lie…. I broke out my Hawks gear after Caitlin Clark put Iowa back on the map. Hopefully she’ll help wrestling recruiting as well.

• Haha
Reactions: tosal563
My guess is Carroll cannot make 197 and he can't get on the mat at HWT this year with Hendrickson there. Then they also have Merrill coming in at HWT who will hold that spot down for years.

My guess is Carroll cannot make 197 and he can't get on the mat at HWT this year with Hendrickson there. Then they also have Merrill coming in at HWT who will hold that spot down for years.
Forgot about Merrill. That is an impressive PSU type move. Getting the #1 pfp prospect who is going to be a heavyweight, and be able to recruit over him in one year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT