ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits training this week in Iowa?

My buddy said Leo Deluca and Dru Ayala are in Iowa City training this week along with some other recruits. Anyone know who else is at Iowa training? Hoping maybe Bassett? Hopeful thinking!
Leo Deluca might be here to get some training in before u20s.

Reactions: el dub
any chance they can get mason gibson on campus for a visit? we could definitely use a 133 pounder and a connection to mccort
seems dialed in to Rutgers, but a phone call can't hurt.

Reactions: eb05
It's not Bassett, definitely Deluca, Ayala, and Estrada. Apparently some Ohio kids and a Pennsylvania kid. He said he thinks the Ohio kids are from St Ed's and the PA kid is the top kid in the country in either 8th or 9th grade and he is a big kid.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
just for your future reference The Bassett training compound is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from State College where the Olympic Trials are being held this year...so he could very easily be at both places in a relatively short period of time.

just for your future reference The Bassett training compound is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from State College where the Olympic Trials are being held this year...so he could very easily be at both places in a relatively short period of time.
Who would the PA kid be that is out here? My buddy said he is the top kid in the country at either 8th or 9th grade he heard. My buddy is friends with one of the Ohio moms. She said he is big. He also said Miguel Estrada looks like Pat Lugo but bigger LOL

The statement was whether Bassett was in Iowa. That's a long way from the Compound.

Reactions: el dub and Hawkgma
Let me rephrase that he said not close to getting Blaze.
Or Forrest, or Basset, or probably anyone else we want, but said best we could go for would be Raney brothers. They seem to have potential, just not as established yet as the previous guys we were hoping for.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Or Forrest, or Basset, or probably anyone else we want, but said best we could go for would be Raney brothers. They seem to have potential, just not as established yet as the previous guys we were hoping for.
Jordyn has wins over Bassett and Jax. He had a shootout with Jax at WNO (lost) and is a Greco world champ already. He’s a stud.

I bet Willis was pretty damn surprised that Gabe Arnold committed to Iowa. Just saying let’s not treat his word as gospel. People are wrong in the recruiting predicting business all the time.
1) things i've said on this board have been twisted. i didn't say there's no chance. i said i wouldn't pick it.

2) you're right, things change and not every prediction comes true, obviously

3) i was absolutely not surprised about Gabe. i was in contact w/ @ao_coachphil often during the process and was in the room on the mega recruiting weekend (psu football game day).

1) things i've said on this board have been twisted. i didn't say there's no chance. i said i wouldn't pick it.

2) you're right, things change and not every prediction comes true, obviously

3) i was absolutely not surprised about Gabe. i was in contact w/ @ao_coachphil often during the process and was in the room on the mega recruiting weekend (psu football game day).
Appreciate the clarification.

Reactions: vhsalum
Not being negative just pointing out Iowa has some pretty good kids in that age group as well. Lots of kids at hutchersons level, but no one at the Bo or Jax level.
Hutcherson will probably be a 197 or Heavyweight when it is all said and done. Those big athletic kids are hard to find. Don't let PSU get this kid. By the time Ben is leaving we could have Hutcherson coming in. Maybe the Young Guns connection can land a few others with him like Bassett little brother.

Hutcherson will probably be a 197 or Heavyweight when it is all said and done. Those big athletic kids are hard to find. Don't let PSU get this kid. By the time Ben is leaving we could have Hutcherson coming in. Maybe the Young Guns connection can land a few others with him like Bassett little brother.
Is it a sure thing Iowa gets the Cassioppi twins? They are good. You would think it is a no brainer?

The Hutcherson kid is a freak. We seen him at Super 32 and he was a force. No one cares about Greco. Hutcherson and Fred Bachmann are the top 2 Jr. High kids in PA. Actually the country.
The bachmanns are two of the best kids in the country. No argument there.

The bachmanns, the deputys, karenbauer, Dinges, etc. No end of young hammers in Pa. Unfortunately, all too familiar with a lot of the smaller guys.

Is it a sure thing Iowa gets the Cassioppi twins? They are good. You would think it is a no brainer?
No idea but it's hard to say what weight these two end up at. Seems like they have sort of leveled off a little growth wise. A few years ago, I would have imagined them being middle upper weights for sure by the end of their hs careers based on their dad and Tony's size. They would have a ways to go as freshman to get up there now. Could still happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT