ADVERTISEMENT

Refugees Given $6,000 To Help With Housing

I'm assuming you're a citizen so, did you get $6,000.00 from the government to help with your housing?

A great way to disincentivize illegals from invading our country is to give them free money..:rolleyes:
There's an awesome first time home-buyers program in Iowa City right now where you can get up to $24,999 in down payment assistance! What a great way to help buyers overcome a housing market that's incredibly tough to navigate right now. Proud to be a resident of a city that can help come up with real solutions for real problems.

And that "program" really cost the taxpayers a lot of money, didn't it? Plus, they still had to work or starve, no??

No, we just took it from the indigenous peoples but make no mistake, our forebears worked their asses off and made huge strides to get ahead. I can’t say that about today’s 3rd or 4th gen Iowans

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Oh. But cut taxes and defund vital public services. Makes perfect sense.

Enjoy the drinking water in Indianola.

Right on queue, literally just got this email:

Dear Families and Staff,

As you may be aware, on March 26, 2024, our school board made the challenging decision to close Hills Elementary School at the end of the 2023-24 school year. Please know this decision was not made lightly and involved significant consideration of various factors impacting our school district.

Recent changes in enrollment, the state’s new school voucher program, and long-term systemic state underfunding have forced us to make difficult decisions regarding our budget. In looking at our data, only 38 students from the Hills area were anticipated to attend Hills Elementary next year, and the school operates with a 3:1 staff-to-student ratio, leading to a student spend of $2,000 more per child when compared to our elementary school district average.

While closing a school cannot be justified solely on financial factors, the closure of Hills Elementary is expected to save our District approximately $1.66 million annually. Continuing to operate Hills Elementary under current conditions would require significant compromises elsewhere. Alternatives such as terminating the equivalent of 23 full-time teachers, ceasing attendance support busing, and significantly increasing class sizes would adversely affect all students.

Our commitment to providing the highest level of education and support for Hills Elementary students, families, and staff remains unwavering. With this in mind, we have initiated detailed plans to ensure a smooth and thoughtful transition for Hills Elementary students to Alexander Elementary School for the 2024-25 school year, which we have shared with Hills Elementary students, families, and staff. Likewise, we are visiting with current Hills staff regarding their placements within our district for next year.

We are here to provide support during this transition and welcome any questions or concerns from our community. Our goal is to make this transition as smooth and positive as possible for all individuals involved. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate these changes together.

Sincerely,

Matt Degner
Superintendent
Iowa City Community School District

If you take issue with the stats, then show us why? What numbers are you showing?
I don't show any numbers because I don't watch fox news all day nor do I think brown people will be the end of the US. It just amazes me how little thought is put in by some to actually understand the agendas behind the sources they use without coming to the realization that "gee, maybe this isn't fully accurate".

Immigration has been an issue for decades that nobody wants to fix or even address the only real solution - penalize those who hire illegal immigrants. Levy hefty fines and jail time for those that employ them.

The US has relied heavily on both legal and illegal immigrants for cheap, exploitable labor since slavery was "abolished". It will not end. Without it, the food, construction and hospitality industries would likely collapse.

This doesn't mean I think it should be ignored, but it isn't high on my list of priorities. Especially when you realize that one party is openly trying to avoid fixing it to score political points.

I don't see how you can sit here and complain about the border when the party you support blocked their own bill designed to "fix" it.

I don't show any numbers because I don't watch fox news all day nor do I think brown people will be the end of the US. It just amazes me how little thought is put in by some to actually understand the agendas behind the sources they use without coming to the realization that "gee, maybe this isn't fully accurate".

Immigration has been an issue for decades that nobody wants to fix or even address the only real solution - penalize those who hire illegal immigrants. Levy hefty fines and jail time for those that employ them.

The US has relied heavily on both legal and illegal immigrants for cheap, exploitable labor since slavery was "abolished". It will not end. Without it, the food, construction and hospitality industries would likely collapse.

This doesn't mean I think it should be ignored, but it isn't high on my list of priorities. Especially when you realize that one party is openly trying to avoid fixing it to score political points.

I don't see how you can sit here and complain about the border when the party you support blocked their own bill designed to "fix" it.
So cap the invasion at 500,000,000 or 600,000,000 or not at all???? Where does it end????

I'm assuming you're a citizen so, did you get $6,000.00 from the government to help with your housing?

A great way to disincentivize illegals from invading our country is to give them free money..:rolleyes:
Im a veteran I got more than that.

Reactions: goldmom
Gotta love Republicans talking crap about housing help, meanwhile their orange messiah is out selling junk stock because he's actually poor and needs handouts from his followers.

Reactions: Ree4
God how terrible that people escaping violent situations at home, coming here to save their lives, often with almost nothing other than the clothes on their back be given a small amount of money to start new lives and find employment. How horrifying.

MAGA's sure hate it when money goes to poor people. Subsidized farming, COVID grants, and other things going to rich people however, they deserve all that....
Do you believe countries have a right to have borders?

Reactions: goldmom
Did they cross the border legally? If not, then by definition that makes them, illegal.

The designation "illegal" with regards to immigrants inaccurately implies culpability without the requisite legal adjudication, thereby contravening the presumption of innocence enshrined in legal principles.

Rather than employing the term "illegal immigrants," it is legally prudent and ethically appropriate to refer to these individuals as "undocumented immigrants" or "individuals lacking legal immigration status," acknowledging their legal status while upholding the imperative for equitable and humane treatment under the law.

8kr0y7.jpg

It’s because you’ve been brainwashed into thinking that they’re going to hurt you.
Well to be accurate not all of them are. Most of them are definitely not.
But it doesn’t take all of them, does it? How many terrorists did it take to murder over 2,000 people on 9/11? Fewer than a couple of dozen total.
And more than that have been intercepted at the border who are already on watch lists. How many have not been intercepted?
The insistence on continuing naïveté is infuriating and dangerous.

But it doesn’t take all of them, does it? How many terrorists did it take to murder over 2,000 people on 9/11? Fewer than a couple of dozen total.
And more than that have been intercepted at the border who are already on watch lists. How many have not been intercepted?
This line of thinking makes zero sense. You're far more at risk of being violated in someway by a US citizen than an illegal immigrant.

…the school operates with a 3:1 staff-to-student ratio…
That ratio in the superintendent’s letter is not consistent with school underfunding. It represents extremely unnecessary over employment of school personnel.

That is still true if he has his numbers were reversed in his letter. But, would reflect more poorly on him.

We were talking about taxes.

This line of thinking makes zero sense. You're far more at risk of being violated in someway by a US citizen than an illegal immigrant.
Huey as usual you’re in over your head. You wouldn’t know zero sense if it bit you in the behind.
They arrive here in the first place by violating our current immigration law and procedures. The cartels “help” them in return for “ownership” which some are forced to repay by carrying in drugs or sex trafficking.
Those who get around that do get jobs and yes often are not treated equally by employers who know the illegals have little choice.
You think illegals don’t already know they’re not going to make as much as a citizen or someone with a green card? They do know but they know that life here will be better than back where they came from and that they will get benefits given to them they also won’t get back in their country of origin.
The border is an unmitigated disaster and it’s an anormous negative for the current Administration going into the election. Like it or not that’s reality.

Yep! $8000 homebuyer credit. Thanks Obama!!

Reactions: Ree4
I would rather give them 6000 dollars than people like torbee, Huey grey, Lucas and others on here that have been leeching off the taxpayers for years. It’s terrible what the government has spent on torbee and Huey for their HIV drugs. That’s money just wasted. At least these immigrants might be able to do something of value to society.

Huey as usual you’re in over your head. You wouldn’t know zero sense if it bit you in the behind.
They arrive here in the first place by violating our current immigration law and procedures. The cartels “help” them in return for “ownership” which some are forced to repay by carrying in drugs or sex trafficking.
Those who get around that do get jobs and yes often are not treated equally by employers who know the illegals have little choice.
You think illegals don’t already know they’re not going to make as much as a citizen or someone with a green card? They do know but they know that life here will be better than back where they came from and that they will get benefits given to them they also won’t get back in their country of origin.
The border is an unmitigated disaster and it’s an anormous negative for the current Administration going into the election. Like it or not that’s reality.
Good God, you are brainwashed.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT