ADVERTISEMENT

Refugees Given $6,000 To Help With Housing

It sounds like a smart investment. These aren’t random people showing up at the border. They’re mostly on specific programs to come fill factory and other jobs that can’t find enough employees.

I know not too far from me there are a bunch of Haitians coming to work in places that really need workers. And they don’t get paid much and struggle to get by. My church works with a good number of them.
Better keep your dog from running loose or it will end up as supper for some Haitian family of 20.

We should buy them $400 Trump sneakers and $60 Trump Bibles to make Northern happy.

Huey as usual you’re in over your head. You wouldn’t know zero sense if it bit you in the behind.
They arrive here in the first place by violating our current immigration law and procedures. The cartels “help” them in return for “ownership” which some are forced to repay by carrying in drugs or sex trafficking.
Those who get around that do get jobs and yes often are not treated equally by employers who know the illegals have little choice.
You think illegals don’t already know they’re not going to make as much as a citizen or someone with a green card? They do know but they know that life here will be better than back where they came from and that they will get benefits given to them they also won’t get back in their country of origin.
The border is an unmitigated disaster and it’s an anormous negative for the current Administration going into the election. Like it or not that’s reality.
What laws are being violated in this instance?

They are not here illegally. The government has approved them to be in the country.

Due to use of the parole system, never seen at such levels and after encouraging them to surge to our border. This was all intentional.

And that doesn't even cover the huge number of got aways who are in the country illegally.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Yes, the decrease the burden on local governments.

Read the article I linked phuckwit.
I know you're not an economist, but where do you think that $6k comes from that you claim will take the burden off of local governments? Knowing rationale thinking is not your strong suit, allow me to explain. It comes from the tax dollars of hard working middle and low income citizens who themselves are having trouble making ends meet. Dems have no problem throwing other peoples hard earned my at anyone they believe will help get more votes in the next election. (just ask rich white college graduates who don't want to pay their own loans.)

Very thankful that Republicans have full control in Iowa.
The core of the Iowa Republican claim to care a lot about Jesus and doesn't mind saying so, despite Jesus's take on loud public professions of faith. I also don't recall a single quote attributed to Jesus relating to the GOP's core social issues of abortion and LGBTQ, but he may have mentioned something about how to treat the least among us. These are just a few reasons why I don't believe that the GOP is serious, but should be taken very seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4 and abby97
You believe these refugees are illegal?

According to historical stats 90% of all asylum seekers don't qualify,.. So, given the recent reckless abandon at the border I would have to say that it's very likely that 95% of the current crop won't qualify, and could be reasonably described as illegal....

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
According to historical stats 90% of all asylum seekers don't qualify,.. So, given the recent reckless abandon at the border I would have to say that it's very likely that 95% of the current crop won't qualify, and could be reasonably described as illegal....

The dems have no intention of adjudicating these cases. They will press for amnesty and protest any attempt to deport.

The dems have no intention of adjudicating these cases. They will press for amnesty and protest any attempt to deport.

Another very likely scenario will be that in the time it takes to resolve these cases children will be born, children who by place of birth will be American citizens,... This sets up the argument that deportation of disqualified asylum applicants divides families,... These people won't be leaving.

Go down?? It’s already over and done because of dipshit marxists like you! Congratulations….
Loop Trump GIF

I know you're not an economist, but where do you think that $6k comes from that you claim will take the burden off of local governments? Knowing rationale thinking is not your strong suit, allow me to explain. It comes from the tax dollars of hard working middle and low income citizens who themselves are having trouble making ends meet. Dems have no problem throwing other peoples hard earned my at anyone they believe will help get more votes in the next election. (just ask rich white college graduates who don't want to pay their own loans.)
It's hilarious that you insult somebody as "not being an economist" in the same paragraph that you claim that expenses are paid by taxes in this country. Since when? LOL, 30 years ago? Don't you realize we run a deficit every year, a very large deficit?

Saying that $6,000 handouts are paid for by taxes is not true.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
It's hilarious that you insult somebody as "not being an economist" in the same paragraph that you claim that expenses are paid by taxes in this country. Since when? LOL, 30 years ago? Don't you realize we run a deficit every year, a very large deficit?

Where does the money come from? Trees?

Many forget that these Refugees all go through a process when they get here. They have to file for a SS# and file for their work authorization cards before they able to seek employment. This process takes several weeks. Eventually they nearly all go to work in jobs that need filled and they feed our economic machine. If they are not able to work initially, of course money for housing is important. We all benefit from them feeding our economic machine in the end.

Many forget that these Refugees all go through a process when they get here. They have to file for a SS# and file for their work authorization cards before they able to seek employment. This process takes several weeks. Eventually they nearly all go to work in jobs that need filled and they feed our economic machine. If they are not able to work initially, of course money for housing is important. We all benefit from them feeding our economic machine in the end.
Careful, folks like here 4 a day aren't able to comprehend how things like this are connected.

Do you believe countries have a right to have borders?

Yes but these are refugees so it sounds like they were legally accepted into this country on the basis that staying in their home nation or returning would be unsafe for them and their family.

Yes but these are refugees so it sounds like they were legally accepted into this country on the basis that staying in their home nation or returning would be unsafe for them and their family.

Sure,.. that's why the Mexican side of the border is currently strewn with discarded personal ID's...

So a 1,000,000,000 or more? We are resolved to take UNLIMITED refugees from every corner of the globe.......even go and pick them up?!

So a 1,000,000,000 or more? We are resolved to take UNLIMITED refugees from every corner of the globe.......even go and pick them up?!

Pretty sure there isn't a billion people who are willing to be refugees.

Sure,.. that's why the Mexican side of the border is currently strewn with discarded personal ID's...

Pretty sure the article said these were Haitian refugees. Haiti is not Mexico.

So where does it come from, M. Friedman?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT