ADVERTISEMENT

Remember When Brian Ran the Wildcat With a Tight End?

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
With the same creative mind that revolutionized the game by coming up with:

-Direct snaps to the tight end (instead of DeJean or Johnson) for no gain;
-Screen passes to 320 lb tackles (instead of WRs) for no gain; and
-Runs up the middle on 3rd and 8 for no gain.

Don't ya think the million dollar duo of Brian & Jon Budmyr can devise a basic package for Cooper DeJean to take 1 direct snap per game, throw 1 pass per game to Wedjen in space, or give the duel threat freshmen QB a few RPO series per game? Dare I say, maybe even throw the OSU transfer WR a bone rather than doing the same predictable thing play after play?

Adding a few creative plays used by every other team in college football would take a whole 5 minutes of planning. Watch an Oregon game or Washington game and copy them. It would finally give the fans something to cheer about, whether the plays work or not.

The fact remains Brian makes $35,000 per week for every week of his 6 month work year. If he and Bud spent just one 8 hour work day watching what other offenses do I'm certain they could gain more yards than they did against Minnesota.

Last edited:
With the same brilliant, creative mind that came up with direct snaps to the tight end for no gain, screen passes to tackles who run a 5.2 40 yard dash for no gain, and the most popular runs up the middle on 3rd and 8 for no gain...don't ya think Brian can devise a package or two for Cooper DeJean, Wedjen, or the freshmen duel threat QB? Dare I say, maybe even throw the OSU transfer WR a bone just once rather than letting Deacon Hill throw a 5 yard pass 10 yards over Ragaini's head?

Adding a few creative wrinkles like the ones every other team in college football runs would take a whole 5 minutes of planning. It would also finally give the fans something to cheer about, whether the plays work or not.

Brian makes $5,000 per day for every day of his 6 month work year. It's not that hard to look at what everyone else is doing and copy it.
At this point, what good is it to keep beating this dead horse? Everyone who is honest knows Brian is a joke.

We’re all just ready for Beth Goetz to do what she is going to do. If Brian survives this season, then **** the whole program.

Remember when Georgia ran that exact play a couple of weeks ago? Is Georgia copy BF?
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

If CDJ can spin and dance out of that scrum vs the rodents, imagine what he could do at the line of scrimmage. And ya know he's gotta be better than QB1 at passing ... forgive me, I'm just playing fantasy football.

Reactions: iahawks10

Don't ya think the million dollar duo of Brian & Jon Budmyr can devise a basic package for Cooper DeJean to take 1 direct snap per game, throw 1 pass per game to Wedjen in space, or give the duel threat freshmen QB a few RPO series per game? Dare I say, maybe even throw the OSU transfer WR a bone rather than doing the same predictable thing play after play?

Adding a few creative plays used by every other team in college football would take a whole 5 minutes of planning. Watch an Oregon game or Washington game and copy them. It would finally give the fans something to cheer about, whether the plays work or not.

The fact remains Brian makes $35,000 per week for every week of his 6 month work year. If he and Bud spent just one 8 hour work day watching what other offenses do I'm certain they could gain more yards than they did against Minnesota.
Don’t dare do any of that, something might go wrong.

The fact that they had LaPorta running the wildcat was just another middle finger to Labas. They didn’t want him to play that day but were forced to. Now it’s obvious he should get a chance but they continue to trot out Hill for some reason. He is indeed in the doghouse.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I was raked over the coals implying that Cooper should play some snaps on offense. And whaddaya know? There have been multiple threads about it, and beat writers and weekly podcasters have talked about it all week. It's almost like I knew what I was talking about.

For all we know they do put their heads together and come up with those creative ideas. They get excited ,go into Kirks office ,runs the ideas by Kirk and says are you out of your minds! GTFOOH.

Reactions: iahawks10
There are some weird politics going on inside Iowa right now. Everybody in the B1G knows that Deacon Hill is not just the most ineffective QB in the league, but he's also the one with the most turnover worthy plays. For some reason internally, this staff is dedicated to Deacon even as his on-field performance dictates a change is necessary. I don't think we're going to see changes - if Petras didn't go down last year - we never would have seen Labas or the wildcat.

I think that stubborn Kirk is running this with an iron fist and dictating this and for reasons I'll never understand.

It is not rocket science.

I said right after the b.s. call on Cooper’s touchdown BF should have brought Cooper on the field. Even if you just put him in motion and fake a handoff or pass to him all defenders eyes would be on him. It is just so simple. It would open something else up.

It is not rocket science.

I said right after the b.s. call on Cooper’s touchdown BF should have brought Cooper on the field. Even if you just put him in motion and fake a handoff or pass to him all defenders eyes would be on him. It is just so simple. It would open something else up.
I think most coaches worth their salt and knowing the QB talent on the roster would have simply made him QB1 two years ago

Brock Bowers runs a 4.4 40 and is as fast as most WRs. Sam LaPorta runs a 4.6 40, which is slower than any WR in college football other than the guys currently on Iowa's roster.
The interwebs showed me BB ran a 4.5 in 2019, which is the last time he was clocked. He’s projected to run a 4.45 at the combine, not sure how accurate those predictions are though. My main point still stands though, Georgia ran the same play.

For all we know they do put their heads together and come up with those creative ideas. They get excited ,go into Kirks office ,runs the ideas by Kirk and says are you out of your minds! GTFOOH.

Kirk is picturing himself with a two score lead at halftime and figuring what is the best way to milk the next 30 minutes off the clock.

• Haha
Reactions: IowasLaw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT