ADVERTISEMENT

REO Speedwagon

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
Are they worth $65 a ticket in 2022? A bunch of my friends are going and I keep seeing tickets for sale around $60-$70. Can't bring myself to pull the trigger though.

Reactions: Moral
Neighbor saw them last night at whatever they call the Mark in the quad cities now and mentioned they put on a pretty good show.

Neighbor saw them last night at whatever they call the Mark in the quad cities now and mentioned they put on a pretty good show.
I was there last night as well. They were all very good (Loverboy, Styx and REO). Styx put on a better show in my opinion. They are all getting up there in age but sounded very good.

Reactions: hawkmart
$65 at the Surf Ballroom? Definitely go. Pretty intimate venue with a ton of history. You won't remember what you did with that $65 in five years. But, you will remember that show.

$65 at the Surf Ballroom? Definitely go. Pretty intimate venue with a ton of history. You won't remember what you did with that $65 in five years. But, you will remember that show.
I go to 6-8 concerts a year at the Surf because we only live 15 min away, so the venue isn't going to push me over the edge. Would be fun to see them there though. Guessing I will end up going.

Reactions: NI hawk
Are they worth $65 a ticket in 2022? A bunch of my friends are going and I keep seeing tickets for sale around $60-$70. Can't bring myself to pull the trigger though.

$65 will get you a case of Busch Light, a pack of White Claws, and a bottle of vodka.

Agree with the others that have said this. At the Surf, 100% worth it to see REO for $65.

I’ll compare that to seeing Bon Jovi for $200 per ticket in a 10,000 seat arena last spring. Awful and not worth a $20 ticket.

"You like Speedwagon?"

tumblr_p8c3yfTr4r1xravoho10_r1_400.gifv

Last edited:
Just sold my tickets for $50. Had a great night planned with friends, some of whom you know. Covid finally got me.

Just sold my tickets for $50. Had a great night planned with friends, some of whom you know. Covid finally got me.
Damn. That sucks. Hope you have a quick recovery. Doesn't sound like we are going to end up going now.

Shit for 65? I cannot remember the last time I spent less than 500....last few shows where well over a grand a ticket.

I’ll never forget that $65 is 4.33 BJs from OP’s mom behind the Casey’s dumpster.

Shit for 65? I cannot remember the last time I spent less than 500....last few shows where well over a grand a ticket.
And that is why I'm officially out of the concert-going crowd. I'll happily support my local music scene, but paying four figure sums to see groups that peaked roughly 40 years ago? No effing way. But dumb boomers will pay it for nostalgia's sake.

do you remember when we used to dance ( clap clap)
and incidence arose from circustance ( clap clap)

And that is why I'm officially out of the concert-going crowd. I'll happily support my local music scene, but paying four figure sums to see groups that peaked roughly 40 years ago? No effing way. But dumb boomers will pay it for nostalgia's sake.

We all have things we blow money on that others do not get. The bands I liked as a kid are mostly together and I have been able to spend the last 20 years watching them live. This Friday I will see Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, and Joan Jett for the second time this summer....was able to catch them in Chicago earlier. He'll this is about the 20th time I will have seen Def Leppard.

C'mon, Ed...

If you had said, "Roll with the Changes" that would have been a good pick.

Hurl. "Don't Let Him Go" is usually their show-closer, and with that Bo Diddley beat being pounded out over and over from all the guitars is righteous.

C'mon, Ed...

If you had said, "Roll with the Changes" that would have been a good pick.
Very good choice.
Sitting here pissed off I am not in clear lake. I have been face to face with people with covid. Tested 15 times and always negative. Somehow got it this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT