ADVERTISEMENT

Report from CHA.

Suterman

HR Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Fun game at CHA tonight. The Hawks did what they were supposed to do and in convincing fashion. The start reminded me of Texas Western vs. Kentucky in the National Finals back in the 60's. Iowa played the role of Kentucky.
1) Joe Wieskamp- Best player on the floor. Smooth as silk. 19 points in maybe 15 minutes of play. Enjoy him while you can. What a sweet player.
2) Luka Garza- They had no answer for Luka. He didn't play much in the 2nd half but had a solid night with around 17 points.
3) CJ Fredrick- Yes indeed. This kid is a player. Hit back to back 3's to put the game away early. Plays solid defense and knows just where to be on the floor. This kid is a steal and a stud. (I know, 1 game)
4) Joe Toussaint- His shot did not look good but everything else did. I believe he was our leading rebounder and is extremely quick. He was part of the best play of the night, an alley oop to Patrick McCaffery.
5) Jack Nunge- Jack looks way different. He had a solid game, mixed it up inside and is going to be a good player for the Hawkeyes now and in the future.
6) Connor McCaffery- Connor leads the team very well and had some great passes and set ups for his team mates. Hit his only 3 attempt and except for a 30 second span where he made a few mistakes, Connor was strong.
7) Ryan Kriener- Not one of Ryan's better games but we didn't need him to do much tonight. He will be a solid piece for us this year.
8) Bakari Evelyn- (Pronounced EAVE-alyn not EV-alyn). He's very smooth and not flashy. Don't think he scored tonight but his defense was pretty solid. He is going to help, but judging by tonight he won't be a star this year.
9) Patrick McCaffery- Patrick had, I think 14 points. His outside shot was off tonight but he had some great plays around the basket. He is NOT a 4, he is a 3. He was not a huge help on the boards. This kid is a scorer though and he is going to be really fun to watch. His defense was pretty decent as well.
10) Jordan Bohannon- Jordan was clearly not himself. He did hit his first 3 but I think that was it. He is going to have to come a LONG way in the next 4 weeks or they should shut him down. He worked his butt off but he's not there yet.

While we were not playing Duke, we held these guys to about half of what they scored in their first 2 games. All in all I was fairly pleased. We have a lot of talented pieces and they fit well tonight. We will see Friday if they do it again. We are going to be able to score, rebounding was a concern. Possible NCAA team if they stay healthy (Not counting on Jordan)

Fun game at CHA tonight. The Hawks did what they were supposed to do and in convincing fashion. The start reminded me of Texas Western vs. Kentucky in the National Finals back in the 60's. Iowa played the role of Kentucky.
1) Joe Wieskamp- Best player on the floor. Smooth as silk. 19 points in maybe 15 minutes of play. Enjoy him while you can. What a sweet player.
2) Luka Garza- They had no answer for Luka. He didn't play much in the 2nd half but had a solid night with around 17 points.
3) CJ Fredrick- Yes indeed. This kid is a player. Hit back to back 3's to put the game away early. Plays solid defense and knows just where to be on the floor. This kid is a steal and a stud. (I know, 1 game)
4) Joe Toussaint- His shot did not look good but everything else did. I believe he was our leading rebounder and is extremely quick. He was part of the best play of the night, an alley oop to Patrick McCaffery.
5) Jack Nunge- Jack looks way different. He had a solid game, mixed it up inside and is going to be a good player for the Hawkeyes now and in the future.
6) Connor McCaffery- Connor leads the team very well and had some great passes and set ups for his team mates. Hit his only 3 attempt and except for a 30 second span where he made a few mistakes, Connor was strong.
7) Ryan Kriener- Not one of Ryan's better games but we didn't need him to do much tonight. He will be a solid piece for us this year.
8) Bakari Evelyn- (Pronounced EAVE-alyn not EV-alyn). He's very smooth and not flashy. Don't think he scored tonight but his defense was pretty solid. He is going to help, but judging by tonight he won't be a star this year.
9) Patrick McCaffery- Patrick had, I think 14 points. His outside shot was off tonight but he had some great plays around the basket. He is NOT a 4, he is a 3. He was not a huge help on the boards. This kid is a scorer though and he is going to be really fun to watch. His defense was pretty decent as well.
10) Jordan Bohannon- Jordan was clearly not himself. He did hit his first 3 but I think that was it. He is going to have to come a LONG way in the next 4 weeks or they should shut him down. He worked his butt off but he's not there yet.

While we were not playing Duke, we held these guys to about half of what they scored in their first 2 games. All in all I was fairly pleased. We have a lot of talented pieces and they fit well tonight. We will see Friday if they do it again. We are going to be able to score, rebounding was a concern. Possible NCAA team if they stay healthy (Not counting on Jordan)
But how was the ice cream?

That’s all well and good but how was the ice cream?

No Foster sighting or who's his new GF? Saw online, a little choppy but I think IA did add more capable players on both sides to make it better for losing Cook, Moss, and Daily. CJ will have to play for both Moss and Jbo, I'm thinking Jbo doesn't look ready and should redshirt. And don't forget Pemsl, he will be a factor on some games like at ISU.

No Foster sighting or who's his new GF? Saw online, a little choppy but I think IA did add more capable players on both sides to make it better for losing Cook, Moss, and Daily. CJ will have to play for both Moss and Jbo, I'm thinking Jbo doesn't look ready and should redshirt. And don't forget Pemsl, he will be a factor on some games like at ISU.
I looked for Foster but didn't see him. My biggest concern tonight was rebounding. When your reserve point guard is your #1 rebounder that's great for him but maybe a wake up call for the big boys. Overall the team looked good and did what they needed to do.

I stated months ago I was in Lexington last March got to watch CJ play three of the four games of the state tournament. I was blown away how skilled he was. The whole state of Kentucky goes to Rupp to watch the tourney and the guy next to me was saying how so many UK fans were disappointed Calipari did not offer CJ. After the state tourney he mentioned in an article that he should have. Hawks got a steal to get this kid who had offers to both Xavier and Cincinnati and many Big Ten schools- yes his parents were willing to pay his first year just to play for Fran - crazy

I looked for Foster but didn't see him. My biggest concern tonight was rebounding. When your reserve point guard is your #1 rebounder that's great for him but maybe a wake up call for the big boys. Overall the team looked good and did what they needed to do.
Foster was just right of the tunnel where recruits usually sit. Left at half,

How was the rebounding quickness from the bigs?

If J Bo can’t go does it look like Bakari or Joe T will be able to play at the B1G level? If neither look ready we’re in deep trouble.

Do we wind up with Conner, CJ, and Joe W with Nunge and Garza as our best 5 and slide Joe W to the 2 with Patrick being the first 1-3 guy off the bench?

I stated months ago I was in Lexington last March got to watch CJ play three of the four games of the state tournament. I was blown away how skilled he was. The whole state of Kentucky goes to Rupp to watch the tourney and the guy next to me was saying how so many UK fans were disappointed Calipari did not offer CJ. After the state tourney he mentioned in an article that he should have. Hawks got a steal to get this kid who had offers to both Xavier and Cincinnati and many Big Ten schools- yes his parents were willing to pay his first year just to play for Fran - crazy
I remember seeing your assessment and hoping it was true. I am only going on some highlight films and tonight, but CJ is a heck of a player. He just looked great to me.

How was the rebounding quickness from the bigs?

If J Bo can’t go does it look like Bakari or Joe T will be able to play at the B1G level? If neither look ready we’re in deep trouble.

Do we wind up with Conner, CJ, and Joe W with Nunge and Garza as our best 5 and slide Joe W to the 2 with Patrick being the first 1-3 guy off the bench?

The rebounding was a bit suspect tonight. I'm no expert, but that was really about my only concern from tonight. Joe Toussaint is going to be an asset, period. He is not going to score in double figures every night but he is going to make his mark every night.

The rebounding was a bit suspect tonight. I'm no expert, but that was really about my only concern from tonight. Joe Toussaint is going to be an asset, period. He is not going to score in double figures every night but he is going to make his mark every night.

The 2nd unit was undersized with Pat at the 4.

Won't be as significant when Pemsl returns.

I guess what I saw of Jordan was entirely different what others are saying. It was his first game action since his surgery and during warm ups I was impressed with how fluid he was moving both in the teams limbering exercises and during pregame shoot around.
He played what 14 minutes and although he wasn't really looking to shoot all that much he looked to me just fine. Guess we will ultimately find out soon enough if Jordan will play the entire season or shut it down and redshirt.

I concur with @Suterman breakdown of the game. Joe T. is a fast cat with lots of hustle and an ability to drive and distribute. Nunge looks like a man now and he lets the game come to him instead of trying to do too much. Patrick had some good minutes and once he matures will be a really tough matchup for most opposing 3s, he forced a few shots but didn’t hurt us much. CJ can shoot and score from about anywhere on the court, decent handle and plays D. Really like what I saw tonight despite the lower level competition.

We need to learn to blockout and secure rebounds. Other than that, not much to criticize at this point. I’m all in on these guys, should be a fun season.

Sat right behind the bench:

- Nunge is just massive. I think he will help our offense flow better this year. He is a natural pick and pop post post player. That will help Garza get 1:1 looks, which are almost automatic for him.

- Patrick is skin and bones, but his skill set more than makes up for it. Good rotation on his jumper, he has got the mechanics to be a consistent threat from 3 and athleticism to take it to the rack.

- Really like Joe T, we haven't had that quickness at PG since...? Once the game slows down for him, he will be a factor for us.

- CJ, a lot has already been said. I will say, he talked a little smack out there and didn't hesitate to shoot. He's got the confidence to match the skill.

- EB, I'm sure he will help us with ball handling depth and defense. Not sure he will be a huge scoring threat. I know it's just one game, but he didn't seem to be hunting his shot like you see most scorers do.

Glass half full, I would predict a bubble team at this point with the upside to venture slightly higher.

Glass half empty, athletic teams will lock down our offense and we sputter to keep up and finish bottom half.

I guess what I saw of Jordan was entirely different what others are saying. It was his first game action since his surgery and during warm ups I was impressed with how fluid he was moving both in the teams limbering exercises and during pregame shoot around.
He played what 14 minutes and although he wasn't really looking to shoot all that much he looked to me just fine. Guess we will ultimately find out soon enough if Jordan will play the entire season or shut it down and redshirt.
I sure hope you are right but I didn't think he played with any confidence tonight. I love Jordan Bohannon and I want his senior year to be special for him. He deserves a great final year.

Reactions: kceasthawk
- Really like Joe T, we haven't had that quickness at PG since...? Once the game slows down for him, he will be a factor for us.

- CJ, a lot has already been said. I will say, he talked a little smack out there and didn't hesitate to shoot. He's got the confidence to match the skill.

Were CJ and Joey T together on the floor much? Forgot to ask my friends that were there? If so, good chemistry for a pair of freshmen? Been told they do a lot of talking in practice so I'm guessing that's probably more voluminous and funny against live competition.

I was at the game as well and echo a lot of what Suterman said. It’s hard to tell exactly what they got based on competition and don’t want to get too up or down from a game like this. What I did see is a much more efficient and fluid offense then what I saw last year in the exhibition and the first few games of the year.

While Cook has some attributes that might not be on the team anymore - and we will see if losing that supreme athleticism will hurt against the big boys - the ball moved crisper and fluidly without Cook dominating the ball.

Wieskamp and Garza were just men among boys in a game like this. Looks like they could literally do whatever they wanted and I love having them as the 1-2 punch for the offense. Also, Nunge looked very confident and much more sure of himself then what we saw two years ago (and even compared to the exhibition game last year).

Frederick looked really good. Again, I know the competition and Moss tended to look better against lower competition as well. I have been outspoken critic of Moss and have felt Frederick would be an upgrade based on some things that had been reported. It’s way too early but that was a promising start for Frederick. Listening to him in the postgame aa well, he definitely seems like a level-headed and confident kid.

Touissant does not look like he has a great shot but he brings something that Iowa has definitely been lacking and that is a fearless, penetrating PG that will attack and create. He had some nice passes, played some tough, physical D and mixed it up with the big boys on the boards. Will be a crowd pleaser.

Patrick looks to have a really nice Swiss Army knife skill set. He is so long he causes problems defensively and can handle the ball. Has great court vision and has a knack around the rim. His outside shot doesn’t look great. I think he’s in a great spot backing up Wieskamp where he can ease into it without giant expectations and will definitely be a contributor.

Bohannon and Evelyn didn’t have great nights in that they really didn’t do much but they both seemed to not try to do much. I’m sure Bohannon just wanted to test out the hip and Evelyn probably understands it’s just an exhibition and will be bigger stages. As mentioned, Kreiner didn’t have his best game but not worried because we know how valuable he is as an experienced front court player off the bench.

I’m sure some will question why Connor is starting but I think his steady, heady play might mesh well with that starting unit because all other 4 guys can shoot and are scorers. His job will be to get the offense set and feed these guys.

I agree the rebounding was an issue tonight BUT a lot of the rebounds were long rebounds as LWC could not do much inside and were jacking up 3’s as there only source of scoring, which also played into why Touissant was the leading rebounder. Will wait to see how they rebound against more traditional teams that aren’t shooting a majority of their shots behind the arc.

Sat right behind the bench:

- Nunge is just massive. I think he will help our offense flow better this year. He is a natural pick and pop post post player. That will help Garza get 1:1 looks, which are almost automatic for him.

- Patrick is skin and bones, but his skill set more than makes up for it. Good rotation on his jumper, he has got the mechanics to be a consistent threat from 3 and athleticism to take it to the rack.

- EB, I'm sure he will help us with ball handling depth and defense. Not sure he will be a huge scoring threat. I know it's just one game, but he didn't seem to be hunting his shot like you see most scorers do.

Glass half full, I would predict a bubble team at this point with the upside to venture slightly higher.

Glass half empty, athletic teams will lock down our offense and we sputter to keep up and finish bottom half.

Schedule could make this a bubble team but in my opinion this team will be better than last years.

Iowa fans way overrate Cook and Moss, both of which had efficiency ratings below replacement rate.

Cook was an athletic dunker with no shot and marginal defense. Moss was very streaky.

I strongly believe this:
Nunge, Pemsl, CJ, Pat and Joe T > Cook, Moss, Baer and Dailey

Plus Joe is no longer a freshman and Garza is a junior.

Lindsey Wilson pretty much ran the weave for 40 straight minutes. Iowa had to switch a lot to cover it (which lead to a funny sequence where Toussaint had to switch 6 straight screens and was guarding for like a dozen seconds). Since our bigs were guarding their guards at times, we played off and they just started chucking threes.

Fredrick - He was introduced as being from Cincinnati, OH and not Cincinnati, KY which was odd. He is like Joe in that he's good off screens and he's a good shooter. He did a good job avoiding getting screened on defense. This is important because Garza can't be left on an island on ball screens. You need to teammates to help hide your weaknesses and accentuate your strengths.

Wieskamp - I think every one of his makes was a swish which is nuts cause he shot 75%.

Connor - His assists numbers are to be expected when he's surrounded by the shooters in the starting rotation. They did post him up once which is interesting. His best assets are his strength and passing so this can be a wrinkle every blue moon.

Toussaint - I'm encouraged and discouraged. I like his feel a lot and he's a good passer. I think a lot of people could pick a moment or two where it feels like he's making a dumb play by playing too quick,etc. However, if you actually look at what's going on around him he's actually making a smart play. A couple of times he saw defenders eyes shift towards proven shooters moving off the ball, saw a driving lane, and knew there would be no help to block his shot. Iowa needs a change of pace like that. But his finishing has me highly concerned. The way he shoots layups puts the ball in the defender's face and I don't like that at all.

Lindsey Wilson pretty much ran the weave for 40 straight minutes. Iowa had to switch a lot to cover it (which lead to a funny sequence where Toussaint had to switch 6 straight screens and was guarding for like a dozen seconds). Since our bigs were guarding their guards at times, we played off and they just started chucking threes.

Fredrick - He was introduced as being from Cincinnati, OH and not Cincinnati, KY which was odd. He is like Joe in that he's good off screens and he's a good shooter. He did a good job avoiding getting screened on defense. This is important because Garza can't be left on an island on ball screens. You need to teammates to help hide your weaknesses and accentuate your strengths.

Wieskamp - I think every one of his makes was a swish which is nuts cause he shot 75%.

Connor - His assists numbers are to be expected when he's surrounded by the shooters in the starting rotation. They did post him up once which is interesting. His best assets are his strength and passing so this can be a wrinkle every blue moon.

Toussaint - I'm encouraged and discouraged. I like his feel a lot and he's a good passer. I think a lot of people could pick a moment or two where it feels like he's making a dumb play by playing too quick,etc. However, if you actually look at what's going on around him he's actually making a smart play. A couple of times he saw defenders eyes shift towards proven shooters moving off the ball, saw a driving lane, and knew there would be no help to block his shot. Iowa needs a change of pace like that. But his finishing has me highly concerned. The way he shoots layups puts the ball in the defender's face and I don't like that at all.
You make good points. Joe T. was not good scoring tonight but I loved the way he mixed it up all the time. He got a lot of rebounds, he was playing solid defense and he seemed to make good decisions with a few Freshman decisions. I think he adds a lot but I hope we don't need him to score a lot.

Reactions: owenhawk
Did the band/student student section recite Kinnick’s heisman speech during a FT attempt? It sounded like it, but it was very hard to hear. Don’t laugh, but if it wasn’t Kinnick’s speech it was “this is my riffle”. Again it was hard to hear.

I didn’t see Foster either and I looked for him. We were opposite the Iowa bench with the goal blocking much of the bench.

*I love the “W” guy who wears the W on his chest for the I-O-W-A chant. That man is an absolute stud.

Reactions: Rudolph
Schedule could make this a bubble team but in my opinion this team will be better than last years.

Iowa fans way overrate Cook and Moss, both of which had efficiency ratings below replacement rate.

Cook was an athletic dunker with no shot and marginal defense. Moss was very streaky.

I strongly believe this:
Nunge, Pemsl, CJ, Pat and Joe T > Cook, Moss, Baer and Dailey

Plus Joe is no longer a freshman and Garza is a junior.

I agree with this. A tougher schedule might mean same record or even a little worse but I really think the team will be more consistent offensively and I think the defense will be a notch better. I’ve said it before but love the Offense going through Wieskamp/Garza and having them as the go-to guys without Cook bogging things down.

Reactions: Hawk94Mn
I was at the game as well and echo a lot of what Suterman said. It’s hard to tell exactly what they got based on competition and don’t want to get too up or down from a game like this. What I did see is a much more efficient and fluid offense then what I saw last year in the exhibition and the first few games of the year.

While Cook has some attributes that might not be on the team anymore - and we will see if losing that supreme athleticism will hurt against the big boys - the ball moved crisper and fluidly without Cook dominating the ball.

Wieskamp and Garza were just men among boys in a game like this. Looks like they could literally do whatever they wanted and I love having them as the 1-2 punch for the offense. Also, Nunge looked very confident and much more sure of himself then what we saw two years ago (and even compared to the exhibition game last year).

Frederick looked really good. Again, I know the competition and Moss tended to look better against lower competition as well. I have been outspoken critic of Moss and have felt Frederick would be an upgrade based on some things that had been reported. It’s way too early but that was a promising start for Frederick. Listening to him in the postgame aa well, he definitely seems like a level-headed and confident kid.

Touissant does not look like he has a great shot but he brings something that Iowa has definitely been lacking and that is a fearless, penetrating PG that will attack and create. He had some nice passes, played some tough, physical D and mixed it up with the big boys on the boards. Will be a crowd pleaser.

Patrick looks to have a really nice Swiss Army knife skill set. He is so long he causes problems defensively and can handle the ball. Has great court vision and has a knack around the rim. His outside shot doesn’t look great. I think he’s in a great spot backing up Wieskamp where he can ease into it without giant expectations and will definitely be a contributor.

Bohannon and Evelyn didn’t have great nights in that they really didn’t do much but they both seemed to not try to do much. I’m sure Bohannon just wanted to test out the hip and Evelyn probably understands it’s just an exhibition and will be bigger stages. As mentioned, Kreiner didn’t have his best game but not worried because we know how valuable he is as an experienced front court player off the bench.

I’m sure some will question why Connor is starting but I think his steady, heady play might mesh well with that starting unit because all other 4 guys can shoot and are scorers. His job will be to get the offense set and feed these guys.

I agree the rebounding was an issue tonight BUT a lot of the rebounds were long rebounds as LWC could not do much inside and were jacking up 3’s as there only source of scoring, which also played into why Touissant was the leading rebounder. Will wait to see how they rebound against more traditional teams that aren’t shooting a majority of their shots behind the arc.

Good points about our offensive sets. I thought Iowa’s ball movement and spacing looked better than most of last season. Lacking Cook as an offensive focal point may make this team more efficient offensively in the long run.

Last edited:
Foster was just right of the tunnel where recruits usually sit. Left at half,
An hour 15 from Oskaloosa to Iowa City on a school night, not concerning. Glad he made it at all...

Thanks everybody who went for the updates

Good assessment Suterman!

I'm really starting to like the make up of the team this year. Obviously there are a lot of new faces getting minutes, but with the exception of Joe T all the guys have played in or been around Big Ten basketball for awhile. This should make the transition a little easier for the team although there's still bound to be some speed bumps.

After tonight I would agree I doubt we see JBo this year but he will definitely still contribute in a leadership capacity. On the court I expect Garza and Connor to be the main vocal leaders and wouldn't be surprised if CJF develops into one as the year progresses. On top of that the Hawks have quality veterans in Pemsl, Kreiner, and Evelyn coming off the bench that will be able to impact the game in different ways. Not even to mention the silent assassin Joe Weezy who isn't a big talker but definitely has the respect of the team and will speak up when needed.

I also liked what I saw from Nunge and Joe T tonight. Nunge complemented Garza well and I expect Fran to use more high low action this year similar to the Aaron white/olaseni days. Joe T is exciting off the dribble. Reminded me of a quicker version of Gesell the way he can get to the rim. He gets a little ahead of himself at times but that's normal for a young player. Looks to be an upgrade on the defensive end as well.

Overall there are a lot of things to improve on clearly. Hoped rebounding would be better but some of that may be effort based being up 30+ most of the game. Defense can always get better with Fran's teams but there were nice flashes throughout the game. We have some good length on this team which will help us in both areas.

Exicited to see this team grow! Go Hawks!

This can be taken out of context.

He went and sat with some other people for part of the 2nd half. His parents stayed in their seats and he came back towards the end.

Was he sitting with this guy? :)

MVA17153.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CP84
An hour 15 from Oskaloosa to Iowa City on a school night, not concerning. Glad he made it at all...

Thanks everybody who went for the updates

And this is why I told the initial poster that he would cause this to be taken out of context.

Foster stayed the whole game. His parents stayed by the tunnel and he spent most of the second half sitting by other people he knew. He returned to his seat by the tunnel with a few minutes left. He didn't leave the game.

Covington Catholic School is on the KY side and suburb of Cincinnati, OH in Paris Hills, KY but I believe that the Fredrick's lived on the Ohio side. That was one of the reasons I heard for why CJ wasn't given as much consideration for Mr. Basketball of KY despite him being their Gatorade Player of the Year.

And this is why I told the initial poster that he would cause this to be taken out of context.

Foster stayed the whole game. His parents stayed by the tunnel and he spent most of the second half sitting by other people he knew. He returned to his seat by the tunnel with a few minutes left. He didn't leave the game.
After the game he was interacting with Iowa players in the tunnel. They all seemed ecstatic, as if they had just found out some wonderful news. I know they just had won the exhibition game but dang, those guys and Foster seemed super happy and excited bout something......especially Patrick. Hope that is a good sign.

Covington Catholic School is on the KY side and suburb of Cincinnati, OH in Paris Hills, KY but I believe that the Fredrick's lived on the Ohio side. That was one of the reasons I heard for why CJ wasn't given as much consideration for Mr. Basketball of KY despite him being their Gatorade Player of the Year.

CJ is from Alexandria, KY

So what you heard about Mr. Basketball was obviously incorrect.

Everything I have read so far is encouraging, except for rebounding. I remember getting frustrated watching Garza and cook getting eaten up on the boards. Bottom line, we need pemsl this year. I was hopping this would be a point of emphasis this offseason, much as defense was last offseason.

I agree with most of this except the rebounding. Joe T had some nice athletic rebounds. But it was his guy that got most of their offensive rebounds. He just tries to run to the ball. Hardly ever boxed out. Which he was new and maybe nervous.

CJ is from Alexandria, KY

So what you heard about Mr. Basketball was obviously incorrect.

No thats not correct. I did some research on this.

CJ Frederick is from Cincinnati Ohio. He attended Moeller High School for two months as a freshmen. He wanted to play for his Uncle who coaches across the Ohio River in Kentucky at Covington Catholic. His Uncle is who played for Fran he basically handed CJ to Iowa because word is his Uncle loves Fran. He left Moeller to attend Covington Catholic- the school that was in the news for the Washington DC stuff- you can live in Ohio and play in Kentucky. The family lives about ten - 15 minutes from Covington Catholic across the river. He 100 percent did not get Mr Basketball because he lived in Ohio per sources at the State Tournament. He won Player of the Year from every other media outlet but not Mr Basketball for living in Ohio and playing at a Catholic school is what Im told.

Last edited:
No thats not correct. I did some research on this.

CJ Frederick is from Cincinnati Ohio. He attended Moeller High School for two months as a freshmen. He wanted to play for his Uncle who coaches across the Ohio River in Kentucky at Covington Catholic. His Uncle is who played for Fran he basically handed CJ to Iowa because word is his Uncle loves Fran. He left Moeller to attend Covington Catholic- the school that was in the news for the Washington DC stuff- you can live in Ohio and play in Kentucky. The family lives about ten - 15 minutes from Covington Catholic across the river. He 100 percent did not get Mr Basketball because he lived in Ohio per sources at the State Tournament. He won Player of the Year from either other media outlet but not Mr Basketball for living in Ohio and playing at a Catholic school is what Im told.

This guy is right. Legend is wrong, again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT