ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds’ voucher program will cost Iowa taxpayers over $200 million in year two

I'm in favor of the money following the child to whatever school is best for them and their family
99e3c5cc-ca6e-48ab-b291-8c215895b356_text.gif

Reactions: Joes Place
Public schools have to face the added burden of special needs kids.

Which can cost 3x-4x more than "regular" kids. Because private schools refuse to take those kids in, it means the bowl of $$ for the public schools becomes substantially smaller for the children they are responsible for.

This math has been pushed out to the MAGA crowd here several times, already. They cannot seem to grasp it.
The public school fanatics keep pushing this narrative, and it's a great example of why we now have this new law.
Public schools want to reduce education expectations for ALL students, in order to accommodate the special needs students, and the troubled students. Well, some families want more than that. And, now they are able to select higher performing schools where available.

I'm in favor of the money following the child to whatever school is best for them and their family

Again: WHY ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF DEFUNDING PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Private schools, being exempt from taking in more costly special needs kids, get MORE money per student than they should be.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
It IS defunding the public schools, because they now have less $$ to cover the special needs children who take up a fixed portion of their budget.

Private schools pay $0 for those kids. I've laid this math out for you several times now.
The money goes with the student so the school wouldn't be getting money for the student because they aren't going to the public school. The public school also gets funds from the state for the special needs kid or didn't you know that?

The public school fanatics keep pushing this narrative, and it's a great example of why we now have this new law.
Public schools want to reduce education expectations for ALL students, in order to accommodate the special needs students, and the troubled students. Well, some families want more than that. And, now they are able to select higher performing schools where available.
This is another of your same talking points. Don't you have any new material? Edit: Regina my ass.

Again: WHY ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF DEFUNDING PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Private schools, being exempt from taking in more costly special needs kids, get MORE money per student than they should be.
You do realize the special needs kid is only in school because mom and dad need a break from caring for them, they are not in school to further their education. It would be an absolute waste of time and money to put a special needs kid in a class with the high performing kids whose parents send to private schools.

It's not about accepting them it's more about they have zero business being there.

The public school fanatics keep pushing this narrative

IT IS FACTUAL.

Special needs children can cost 3x-4x more, per student, than "regular" kids.

Start w/ 100 kids.
$7000 each

$700k

But 5 of them are special needs/autistic/etc. They actually cost $25k each.

But the budget is fixed at $700k. So you lose 5x$25k off your top tier budget, and have $575k for the 95 "regular" kids.
$6052 each NOT $7000 each for those regular students.

Now, you have 30 of them take the "vouchers" to private schools. 30x7000=$210k
But the private schools refuse ANY of the expensive, special needs kids.

Now you have a pool of 65 public school students, with only $365k left.
Public school now pays $25k each for 5 specials needs kids. Has ONLY $5615 for each "regular" student.
Private schools walk away w/ the full $7k

This has been explained to you again, and again. You refuse to acknowledge it.

Should wealthy people be able to receive Medicare? Social Security?
Wealthy people have access to public education. Poor people do not have access to private education. Disabled children do not have access to private education. You continue to be out of your depth on this topic.

• Haha
IT IS FACTUAL.

Special needs children can cost 3x-4x more, per student, than "regular" kids.

Start w/ 100 kids.
$7000 each

$700k

But 5 of them are special needs/autistic/etc. They actually cost $25k each.

But the budget is fixed at $700k. So you lose 5x$25k off your top tier budget, and have $575k for the 95 "regular" kids.
$6052 each NOT $7000 each for those regular students.

Now, you have 30 of them take the "vouchers" to private schools. 30x7000=$210k
But the private schools refuse ANY of the expensive, special needs kids.

Now you have a pool of 65 public school students, with only $365k left.
Public school now pays $25k each for 5 specials needs kids. Has ONLY $5615 for each "regular" student.
Private schools walk away w/ the full $7k

This has been explained to you again, and again. You refuse to acknowledge it.
It's not about accepting them it's more about they have zero business being there.

Medicare and Social Security are for all Americans. It doesn't matter if they went to public or private school. Public schools were created for the betterment of the community. If you wanted a different choice due to religion or whatever you can enroll your kid in private school. The topics are not comparable. However, you are a pretty good troll and will run with it.
He’s not a troll. He loves it because his school benefits from the grift.

Yeah, I saw that school when I specifically searched for Henry County. I'm not familiar with where the county lines are around Mt. Pleasant(although it is where my dad grew up), is it possible that the school's official address is in a different county?

I know there are several towns here in SW Iowa where one side of the street is a different county than the other side.
My family is from and I was born in Mt. Pleasant. Pretty sure it’s fully in Henry.

Reactions: gohawks50
Don't the IC public schools have higher academic ratings than any of the private schools?

If it cost 7k to educate a child, but 25k to educate a special needs child...well then maybe you are beginning to understand why things are different now.
Maybe you are beginning to understand why public schools are getting screwed and defunded over the "voucher system"...

Reactions: Tom Paris
Public schools have to face the added burden of special needs kids.

Which can cost 3x-4x more than "regular" kids. Because private schools refuse to take those kids in, it means the bowl of $$ for the public schools becomes substantially smaller for the children they are responsible for.

This math has been pushed out to the MAGA crowd here several times, already. They cannot seem to grasp it.
They just ignore facts like every other aspect of the country.

Reactions: Joes Place
But not black or children in poverty. It’s impossible to have a conversation with you on this if you can’t even admit this benefits families that can already afford private school and those who ALREADY ATTEND private schools over all the other kids. You’re being disingenuous if you can’t own this. We told you what it would look like ahead of time. It looks like what we said. Just admit we’ve been right from the start.

You are stupid if you believe that. You must be one that says all is fine with race and never do anything about it or have constructive discussion.

I'm saying you claim not to be a racist which you obviously are. So, don't come into a constructive conversation hiding behind a white hood and preempt your position with "I am not a racist".

And my opinion the most serious problem our society has had to deal with over the decades is people with your attitude.

Reactions: theiacowtipper
I'm saying you claim not to be a racist which you obviously are. So, don't come into a constructive conversation hiding behind a white hood and preempt your position with "I am not a racist".

And my opinion the most serious problem our society has had to deal with over the decades is people with your attitude.
The right is absolutely infected with this attitude. The idea that, I have mine. Screw everyone else. I’m going to step on you with my boots if you get in the way. It doesn’t matter if you’re suffering. I have mine.

Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT