ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds’ voucher program will cost Iowa taxpayers over $200 million in year two

Nothing dumber than people thinking they should get to direct their taxes to only things they approve of. Or, that your taxes should somehow completely pay for all the services you utilize.

But, if it makes you feel better, just imagine they are using “my taxes “ for this, and not “yours”. lol
We should when wealthy people are grifting it from kids in poverty.

Reactions: MitchLL
Yeah, that how social services work. Like Medicare and social security. Everyone chips in for the good of society, with no guarantee that you’ll fully pay for your services, or even receive anything in return.
Education is just as important for society to invest in, for the best outcomes possible for our future.
This isn’t good for all of society which is what public education is for. This is mostly good for the haves, no matter how much you want to say it isn’t.

whoops GIF
We tried to warn the Pines of the state. It’s all a scam and we’re going to get screwed because of it.

Well, I think it’s somewhat relevant as you appeared to be making fun of Reynold’s annual salary when it appears similar to other governor’s in similar type states.
I'm not making fun of Dim Kim's salary.

I'm saying $130k isn't excessive for higher level educators and administrators and yet Reynolds feels they're being overpaid.
In reality, attending college on and off for 13 years, I'd think the Dim One should be making more.
Then again, if she hadn't gotten the Governorship by default...she'd be far, far below even $130k.

Reactions: nelly02
The Dim One will be gone from Terrace Hill before the "piper gets paid".

The inky question is who will be left to clean up her shit?

Evil bitch!
Slight correction. She's supposed to live on Terrace Hill but the states foots the bill for a house in a gated community along with several drunken stays at the Hotel Savery :)

Reactions: Tom Paris
Slight correction. She's supposed to live on Terrace Hill but the states foots the bill for a house in a gated community along with several drunken stays at the Hotel Savery :)
Didn't know that.

Not surprised. Closer to liquor stores?

Last edited:
I have a friend who is on the school board for Burlington Notre Dame. Obviously a Catholic private school. I of course do not know for sure but between her and her husband they make probably 250k a year, so they will receive the voucher when it becomes universally available.

She, a Democrat by the way, has been absolutely up front about the future of tuition at ND. They are increasing tuition to a level where families are net neutral out of pocket. The voucher is just extra money. They are doing this in order to lower the subsidy the church pays the school. Effectively, the voucher money is going to the church.

This is simply an attempt to provide taxpayer money to churches. That’s the primary focus. How many non parochial private schools are there in Iowa? More than a handful?
As I posted in April...
The Fort Wayne, Indiana catholic churches and schools went on a building spree once parishioner and diocese money was no longer need to subsidize tuition due to the Indiana voucher program. They called it a "capital campaign success" as well.

That map isn’t correct, at least in the context of Henry County. We have a private school here.
Weird because the Gazette interactive maps also show no private schools in Henry County. I can't paste it here because it's interactive, but here's the link:

Weird because the Gazette interactive maps also show no private schools in Henry County. I can't paste it here because it's interactive, but here's the link:

Maybe all those NEW private schools popping up with the voucher program aren't factored in?

Just for the slow people, that's sarcasm.

That's always such a sad, sad parking lot from I-80 as you pass by, with one or two shitty econobox cars in the lot...
Sometimes there will be a semi or two. And I remember during the last really bad flood, the Lion's Den became an island and a handful of vehicles, including a semi were stuck there for a long time. Always wondered what stories were made up to explain how they happened to be stranded there.

Maybe all those NEW private schools popping up with the voucher program aren't factored in?

Just for the slow people, that's sarcasm.
Mitch can't understand why new schools haven't already been built. In 2 years. Before the program is even fully implemented.
It's a real headscratcher.

• Haha
Should wealthy people be able to receive Medicare? Social Security?
Medicare and Social Security are for all Americans. It doesn't matter if they went to public or private school. Public schools were created for the betterment of the community. If you wanted a different choice due to religion or whatever you can enroll your kid in private school. The topics are not comparable. However, you are a pretty good troll and will run with it.

Medicare and Social Security are for all Americans. It doesn't matter if they went to public or private school. Public schools were created for the betterment of the community. If you wanted a different choice due to religion or whatever you can enroll your kid in private school. The topics are not comparable. However, you are a pretty good troll and will run with it.
'School' is for every American child. It is a service we provide as a society for our future.
Whether the school is public or private does not matter anymore.

'School' is for every American child. It is a service we provide as a society for our future.
Whether the school is public or private does not matter anymore.
Please. Public school is for every American child. Private is not. You have run through your same talking points. It just doesn't work anymore. Might want to go back to masks.

No idea. Maybe it’s an accreditation thing?

Mitch can't understand why new schools haven't already been built. In 2 years. Before the program is even fully implemented.
It's a real headscratcher.
In two more years we can discuss more.

As of now, the only known new school plan is THE REPUBLICAN LEGISLATOR from Toledo.
Another "new" thing might be tuition has gone up at private schools!

Shocking.

Highly successful program????

We'll see what taxpayers think in 3-4 years when the cost balloons.
The cost would not balloon if the Iowa Public Schools would recommit themselves to educating vs indoctrinating children. Concerned parents could trust the Public Schools once more that their children were in a learning environment vs an indoctrination camp.

The Iowa Public School System, the Administrators and the teachers did this to themselves and they are the ones who should be held accountable to fix it and regain the peoples trust.

• Haha
Reactions: Bearhawk0505

No idea. Maybe it’s an accreditation thing?
Yeah, I saw that school when I specifically searched for Henry County. I'm not familiar with where the county lines are around Mt. Pleasant(although it is where my dad grew up), is it possible that the school's official address is in a different county?

I know there are several towns here in SW Iowa where one side of the street is a different county than the other side.

Should wealthy people be able to receive Medicare? Social Security?
Should wealthy people be able to opt out of social security?
Yeah, I saw that school when I specifically searched for Henry County. I'm not familiar with where the county lines are around Mt. Pleasant(although it is where my dad grew up), is it possible that the school's official address is in a different county?

I know there are several towns here in SW Iowa where one side of the street is a different county than the other side.
MP is right smack dab in the middle of the county. I don’t know they are affiliated with anyone else.

Please. Public school is for every American child. Private is not.
Public schools have to face the added burden of special needs kids.

Which can cost 3x-4x more than "regular" kids. Because private schools refuse to take those kids in, it means the bowl of $$ for the public schools becomes substantially smaller for the children they are responsible for.

This math has been pushed out to the MAGA crowd here several times, already. They cannot seem to grasp it.

it's not defunding the public schools, the money follows the student.
It IS defunding the public schools, because they now have less $$ to cover the special needs children who take up a fixed portion of their budget.

Private schools pay $0 for those kids. I've laid this math out for you several times now.

The cost would not balloon if the Iowa Public Schools would recommit themselves to educating vs indoctrinating children. Concerned parents could trust the Public Schools once more that their children were in a learning environment vs an indoctrination camp.

The Iowa Public School System, the Administrators and the teachers did this to themselves and they are the ones who should be held accountable to fix it and regain the peoples trust.
JFC...in two years when the income limits disappear, the entire program will be a subsidy to every single family currently enrolled.

You can't possibly be this fvcking stupid.
So the cost to taxpayers will absolutely balloon.
Be better, Cletus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT