ADVERTISEMENT

Right or wrong: I’m not sure Sides can last…

cmhawks99

HB Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Many more losses. I’ve actually seen improvement and I’m not in agreement she is an awful coach. Early on yes….

But there’s some social media smoke out there and it sounds like there are a few players that are frustrated about her rotation and I will readily agree…. It is a little bizarre….

Where do you see the smoke? Happy to provide one of these if true

Fittleton+15%22%3F+Hardwood+Fireplace+Bellow.jpg

She’s horrible.

All she does is run up & down the sidelines all game.

No talking with the officials, rarely challenging calls, zero coaching.

I can’t imagine how unorganized & worthless her practices must be.

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
I'm looking forward to laughing at certain individuals when this is all said and done.

I told you guys that Clark isn't winning a championship with Sides as the head coach. She's waiting for her Phil Jackson.................

Some people got testy about that. :cool:

I'm looking forward to laughing at certain individuals when this is all said and done.

I told you guys that Clark isn't winning a championship with Sides as the head coach. She's waiting for her Phil Jackson.................

How did this team win double digit games last season?

I’m not sure she will. No HS championship and no college championships. Not bagging on her, just stating facts.

That’s not a very bold statement. I could say that about every player and ever coach on every pro sports team and be correct over 99% of the time.

If the Fever come out of this weekend 1-10 (which is highly likely), she might not make it Monday.
I can’t decide how much is coaching, how much is the GM, and how much is luck of the draw. I’m not a student of the W, I wonder if draft picks typically play to their slot or are there huge busts and huge surprises. Or, if it is all cyclical and when it is your turn to draft high enough for a few years those high draft picks turn the tables allowing for success? Or are the same teams at the top all of the time?

Reactions: MplsHawk
I don't do a lot of social media but I've seen a lot of clickbait stories that say there are a little bit of rumblings about coaching

Reactions: cmhawks99
wow this whole "foulgate" with CC took the pressure off of Sides and I mean right now.

it may return though, if they keep losing

Is Caitlin really in the news/sports talk in Texas? I could see the magical run to the second championship game, but I guess I’m a little surprised this far into her W stint. Kind of amazing.

But remember, Angel says people are watching now because of her.
That clip is the most grandiose and delusional one I’ve seen in awhile. The only reason she has more instagram followers is because of breast size, not talent. If it was talent she would be driving ratings, which she is not.

Is Caitlin really in the news/sports talk in Texas? I could see the magical run to the second championship game, but I guess I’m a little surprised this far into her W stint. Kind of amazing.
oh gawd yea, and not only contained to sports....and I mean some of these guys are nationwide, joe pags, sits in for hannity, used to sit in for glenn beck. this thing is nationwide for sure. local news national news, sports talk. the thing grew legs. and started walking. and running. and it's because of "foulgate". they love a good controversial topic which cuts across politics and sports and everyday life. it makes for good radio.

I was a big huge swap meet a few weeks back in dallas. had iowa shirt on. this lady, hispanic lady out of nowhere comes up to me and starts almost yelling loudly "caitlin clark" it was amazing.

But remember, Angel says people are watching now because of her.
in a way, they really are. watching her to see what kind of idiocy she comes up with next. after the "see my ring" incident a few years ago. then when she celebrated "foulgate", this yr. she rarely disappoints.

Reactions: cmhawks99
She's been put into a bad situation with a crappily constructed roster relying on too much youth, almost no practice time, and an insane schedule to start the season.

But her in game coaching has been straight garbage. It appears there isn't an offensive philosophy aside from have your big set a screen 25 feet away from the hoop and hope they can pick and roll all the way in from out there. The ball barely moves on offense if CC isn't the one passing it so they end up with too much 1 on 1. They don't work together on defense letting teammates get burned all of the time. They don't communicate on defense allowing people to get destroyed by screens The substitutions and game management have been horrifically bad sitting players when they're hot, or keeping them on the bench for too long, or playing players too many minutes in blowout losses. She doesn't know how to work a ref and has allowed her star player to get physically abused by the other team every night. And I'm sure there's other problems that I forgot about because of how bad those are.

We will see if some of those things improve with a few days off of rest and practice to instill more offensive and defensive philosophy. If they don't, then she has no future with this team, not that she truly does anyway. This team should have brought in a veteran head coach to work with a couple of young potential stars instead of running a career assistant out there.

Reactions: BioHawk
I’m not sure she will. No HS championship and no college championships. Not bagging on her, just stating facts.
However she did win three world championships playing for the junior national team and she won an AAU national championship….shows what she can do when she has equal talent around her. Do you know who else never won a HS championship or a college championship? Larry Bird…and he wound up doing okay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT