ADVERTISEMENT

Roku?

Kwoodhawk

HR Heisman
Feb 11, 2009
Staying in a new vacation rental that has Roku which I am not familiar with and can't seem to find Big Ten Network on it anywhere for tonight's meet.

Thoughts-help?

ROKU is just the device that hosts the streaming apps. To watch the BIG10 Network you would need to pay for and download an app on the ROKU that provides that station like youtubetv or HULU+ for example.

Thanks for helpful info guys. Will see if I can get it to work. Guess I can watch the Fox sports app on my laptop if I can't get it to work on the TV. Not sure if it would be a subscription thing on Roku or not.

The app is titled B1G+. After download, sign in and subscription watching you should delete the app from that Roku box or your account access will remain on that box as long as your B1G+ account is active.

Thanks for helpful info guys. Will see if I can get it to work. Guess I can watch the Fox sports app on my laptop if I can't get it to work on the TV. Not sure if it would be a subscription thing on Roku or not.
If u can do that with a laptop go old school and use the HDMI cable and put it on the TV

Reactions: pawrestler4life
I use Roku to watch sometimes. If you have access to the big ten network through your normal cable provider and have account login information for them then you should be able to log in to the fox sports channel on Roku and watch the meet..

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
What television provider do you have at home? If it is something that has an app for it, you just download the app and sign in with you credentials. it is just like watching at home, except for different local channels. Just make sure you sign out when you leave the rental, or the people after you will have access to your accounts while there.

Of note, check if the Roku already has any television provider apps installed. They may already be signed in for you. Then just navigate to the BTN.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
If u can do that with a laptop go old school and use the HDMI cable and put it on the TV
I'm old school all right But didn't bring an HDMI with me as the place we stay the first month has BTN. This is a new location for the 2nd month and trying to get things figured out with Roku is new and different.

Assuming you have BTN through your cable provider then download the FOX SPORTS app and sign in.

If you're wanting to watch content that's on BTN+ then download the B1G+ app and sign in there.

The roku is pretty straight forward. On the far left just scroll down to "Streaming Store" and search for/ download the necessities.

Just make sure you sign out of that stuff or uninstall before you leave!!!

Assuming you have BTN through your cable provider then download the FOX SPORTS app and sign in.

If you're wanting to watch content that's on BTN+ then download the B1G+ app and sign in there.

The roku is pretty straight forward. On the far left just scroll down to "Streaming Store" and search for/ download the necessities.

Just make sure you sign out of that stuff or uninstall before you leave!!!
I have BTN at home thru AT&T and can't seem to find it here on Roku. I tried the "Streaming Store" and searched for both AT&T and BTN and couldn't find either. I downloaded the Fox Sports app and it let me have a hour free preview and then gave me a password to sign in on their website which then wanted my credit card.

I have the Fox app on my laptop and can watch on that I guess.

I have BTN at home thru AT&T and can't seem to find it here on Roku. I tried the "Streaming Store" and searched for both AT&T and BTN and couldn't find either. I downloaded the Fox Sports app and it let me have a hour free preview and then gave me a password to sign in on their website which then wanted my credit card.

You should be able to sign into your account through the Roku Fox Sports app. It was giving you the free trial when you downloaded because it doesn't recognize as you until you sign in.

I assume you sign into it on your computer with your AT&T credentials. You will do the same thing on the roku. Some apps will let you sign in from a computer or phone by going to a designated site. It will tell you that when you go to sign in on the Roku.

Last edited:
You should be able to sign into your account through the Roku Fox Sports app. It was giving you the free trial when you downloaded because it doesn't recognize as you until you sign in.

I assume you sign into it on your computer with your AT&T credentials. You will do the same thing on the roku. Some apps will let you sign in from a computer or phone by going to a designated site. It will tell you that when you go to sign in on the Roku.
My wife is starting to feel sorry for me with all the time I have spent trying to get signed in on Roku. I am signed in to Fox on my laptop and can see BTN right now. But Roku gives me a code to go to their designated site and I can't seem to find any way to sign in when I get there with that code.

• Haha
Reactions: eobhawk
My wife is starting to feel sorry for me with all the time I have spent trying to get signed in on Roku. I am signed in to Fox on my laptop and can see BTN right now. But Roku gives me a code to go to their designated site and I can't seem to find any way to sign in when I get there with that code.
Are you trying to sign into the roku account or the app on the roku? You do not want to sign into a roku account.
You are reminding me of my dad Kwood. He will always text to ask me what channel the hawks are on in any given sport. I respond that I have YouTubeTV and they are on X network. He wants a channel number because he has DIRECTV.

Are you trying to sign into the roku account or the app on the roku? You do not want to sign into a roku account.
You are reminding me of my dad Kwood. He will always text to ask me what channel the hawks are on in any given sport. I respond that I have YouTubeTV and they are on X network. He wants a channel number because he has DIRECTV.
I downloaded the Fox app and have been trying to get signed in there.

When streaming BTN on the internet you must go through the Fox Sports app. They merged a few years ago.

So download the Fox Sports app and sign in using your TV Provider/ AT&T credentials.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT