ADVERTISEMENT

TV shopping

I have 3 Samsung's in the house all from Costco too. 2 of them I wanted to have side by side on a side basement wall but I couldn't do it because the same remote would control them both no matter what I tried. So if I turned it on, both came on, wanted to change channel on one, they'd both change channel. Ended up just buying a different brand to hang next to the Samsung. Did you run into that issue with yours and have a workaround?
Use a roku/firestick on each of them. Even if you have two rokus, you should be able to individually pair them so that one roku won't affect the other.

Basic TV tech breakdown.

Cheap TVs that work well for most people:

LED backlit with LCD screen
60hz refresh rate

Some of the higher end features that drive up price:

OLED screen (no backlight; OLED pixels produce light)
120hz refresh rate

You will see combinations of some of those features in higher end sets like still having LED backlighting and the LCD screen but they will get sophisticated with the backlighting to mimic OLED quality. The Samsung QLED sets for example.

For the cheaper sets, look for LED back lighting with local dimming vs anything that says edge lit.
I would also say it depends on what the tv is being used for. If it is just to put on basketball and football games, the cheaper LED tech is fine for most people. If this is going to be a home theater tv where you want to be able to fully enjoy scenes which are dark or have poor lighting, you might want to spring for the OLED, if you have sufficient funds.

Reactions: Flie
This is what I thought as well.
Which made me think, does anyone actually buy anything off of home shopping network or similar networks?
How are they still on tv?

This "shark" made her fortune with QVC.

1304-daniel-lubetzky-executive-chairman-816246352.jpg

I’d say take your circular saw into the pantry then and cut it down to size in there if you don’t want to take it back out.
No
Your trim piece before putting them on, run a router over the edges with a 1/8” round over bit. If you don’t have a router you can also use a bastard file or sand paper. Sand paper I would use between 100-120 to round it over. It gives a subtle transition to the trim piece and eliminates 90* edges that tend to nick up when hit or bumped
No. Unless he's going to cover the front with real 3/4 x 3 inch oak.
Don’t use the rasp, either the file or sand paper will work better. Never been a fan of a rasp unless shaving down drywall
No. He's talking plywood.

Take it back out and run it through the table saw again. Leave it a hair short on all three side so it isn't so hard to fit. ( you can't see it from the top, right?

Use real 3/4 x 3 inch oak for the face and back bevel the ends just a bit ( 15 degrees or so ) so it fits snug on the face but doesn't dig into the walls...

Use a roku/firestick on each of them. Even if you have two rokus, you should be able to individually pair them so that one roku won't affect the other.
Damn it, I didn't think of that, I was so focused that they were already smart TVs didn't cross my mind to stick a Roku or fire stick in one. Gota fire stick on the way and may just rearrange, the Samsungs gets a much better picture.

Reactions: Tenacious E
No

No. Unless he's going to cover the front with real 3/4 x 3 inch oak.

No. He's talking plywood.

Take it back out and run it through the table saw again. Leave it a hair short on all three side so it isn't so hard to fit. ( you can't see it from the top, right?

Use real 3/4 x 3 inch oak for the face and back bevel the ends just a bit ( 15 degrees or so ) so it fits snug on the face but doesn't dig into the walls...
Yes you should use actual one by’s for the front but that wasn’t the choice given to me.
15* bevel or so and call it just a bit, come on now…think you just feel like trying to correct people. Tough day at work🤷🏽‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT