ADVERTISEMENT

ROY - WNBA

It is so unbelievably stupid. not giving them any clicks.
Exactly. It’s clickbait.

I’m watching the Fever - Sky game tonight and it’s pretty apparent who the better player is and it’s not particularly close. Naming Reese ROY would be comparable to Rodman winning MVP during his time in the NBA. She’s a good rebounder and that’s it. Like Rodman, she has zero offensive game.

Exactly. It’s clickbait.

I’m watching the Fever - Sky game tonight and it’s pretty apparent who the better player is and it’s not particularly close. Naming Reese ROY would be comparable to Rodman winning MVP during his time in the NBA. She’s a good rebounder and that’s it. Like Rodman, she has zero offensive game.
Been saying this all year. It's not even a put down. Rodman was great at what he did but he was never put in the same zipcode as the greats of the game.

RIP Angel Reese Rookie of the Year Campaign

May 3, 2024 - August 30, 2024

R.f1fcff2dbd21d19850cbadf32ae4118e

I almost feel sorry for AR that she has been cast by the media as the Anti Caitlin. She's not even the best player on her own team.

On the other hand...reap it! She initiated it, but Caitlin has absolutely owned her since then.
I'm just looking forward to the mental gymnastics that's sure to come from Monica McNutt and AirSwoopes and Dawn Staley and others justifying why they think Reese still deserves RotY. Going to be glorious.

I kinda went off the cliff in my post over riding easy's Candance Parkers stats as the benchmark for rookie's comparison.

But to put things in some perspective, and the reason I drew attention to the fact Parker was a forward, there has been 2 guard WNBA MVPs , Tauarsi and Cooper. Guard is the least recognized and appreciated position in basketball. Clark is a master at rewarding other positions. She just can't help drawing the spotlight towards her.

Guards is the most difficult skill level with a rate of risk with a correlating risk of error, an effective formula for successful programs. A guard like Caitlin Clark doesn't sit on the bench after her 4th turnover in the midway through the 4th quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT