ADVERTISEMENT

ROY - WNBA

Just to clarify, the WNBA uses two year W/L record to determine the odds of winning 1st pick lottery. Washington is right with LA.
Chicago can tank and end up outside top 4.

Atlanta is healthy now and playing well. They got Rhyne Howard and Jordin Canada back after the break and beat CT and Sea over the weekend. Chicago might not have to tank and they could still end up in the lottery.

Watching Clark and Reese is watching two players on different levels. The expectations when watching Clark is that you’re watching one of the best players in the history of the league. When watching Reese you just wonder if she will squeak out 10 points to get a double double. There shouldn’t even be a discussion anymore about ROTY.
There isn't a discussion. Caitlin has it in the bag and any rational person knows that. It's just a weird shadow conversation happening on social media like this thread.

It is crazy. Cordoso was #3 overall in the draft. Letting that size and better shooting go to waste makes zero sense. It does seem like she's coddling AR's ego and like Hawksbyamillion said, motivated to promote AR for ROY. Hopefully that ship has sailed and CC will have it locked up, but I doubt that Weatherspoon is going to change.

I sometimes wonder what the Fever might do with a true center like Cordoso, but I'm not sure that Boston is best as a power forward. I think she's pretty effective in the post so a true center may not fit into the scheme.
They will need someone that can run and I think Boston is mobile enough to do that effectively. She's still learning and adjusting but she is so much better than she was at the beginning of the season with how she needs to play. She needs to get more reliable with a mid-range shot but that would probably be true no matter what kind of offense they were playing.

Reactions: MplsHawk
True, I think teams could do more to box her out. However, as much as I don't like AR the person, I can't deny that she is a ferocious rebounder. She has power that isn't common in the wnba it seems, so it would probably be harder to shut down her rebounding than we might think. Whenever I see a clip of her and another post player colliding when going up for a board, it is almost always the other player's body that is moved out of the way. She's a force. Still can't stand her.
Well said. People don't have to denigrate Reese to recognize Caitlin's greatness.

It's more than that. It's the W reporters and ESPN talking heads covering the W.

This. It is the W reporters and ESPN talking heads, plus also influential women's greats like Dawn Staley and Sheryl Swoopes, basketball stars like JuJu Watkins, and many more. It isn't some social media thing alone.

Well said. People don't have to denigrate Reese to recognize Caitlin's greatness.

True, though Reese deserves plenty of disparaging for the person she presents herself to be. Regardless, she's a damn good rebounder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT