ADVERTISEMENT

ROY - WNBA

Click bait.

They want all of us crazy CC fans to get outraged and pay to read it.

ESPN knows there are a TON of us.
I think it was the Morning Rush show on KXNO, that were trying to poo-poo all the fuss being made about the Clark vs Reese ROY race mainly because they're not really fans of the WNBA, but moreso feel a need to stay in-tune because both Travis and Ross are Iowa fans and understand that the local listeners still care about what Caitlin Clark does.

Ross goes on to say, in a mostly serious tone that the best thing for the league in terms of generating interest (and by interest he means reactions, people tuning in, etc) is for Angel Reese to win the ROTY because at the end of the day, it's not really that important as far as Caitlin Clark is concerned. He explains Reese winning the award would keep everyone invested, because the Reese fans would stick around to gloat about their victory, CC fans will be there regardless, but will show up even more to provide the backlash, and more casuals will tune in to see the aftermath.

His argument, again in a mostly serious tone, is that Clark winning the award wouldn't do anymore to increase fan interest/tuning in to the WNBA (and reacting on social media).

And while I can certainly agree that people take sh** way too personally/seriously, and make way too much of things said or done in society/politics/etc, and get way too worked up about stuff like the argument between Clark and Reese.................this is also the dangerous line that is walked by those people that try to downplay sh** in an attempt to be "the TRUE voice of neutrality and reason".

And I can say that because I am all too familiar with how that works. ;)

I think it was the Morning Rush show on KXNO, that were trying to poo-poo all the fuss being made about the Clark vs Reese ROY race mainly because they're not really fans of the WNBA, but moreso feel a need to stay in-tune because both Travis and Ross are Iowa fans and understand that the local listeners still care about what Caitlin Clark does.

Ross goes on to say, in a mostly serious tone that the best thing for the league in terms of generating interest (and by interest he means reactions, people tuning in, etc) is for Angel Reese to win the ROTY because at the end of the day, it's not really that important as far as Caitlin Clark is concerned. He explains Reese winning the award would keep everyone invested, because the Reese fans would stick around to gloat about their victory, CC fans will be there regardless, but will show up even more to provide the backlash, and more casuals will tune in to see the aftermath.

His argument, again in a mostly serious tone, is that Clark winning the award wouldn't do anymore to increase fan interest/tuning in to the WNBA (and reacting on social media).

And while I can certainly agree that people take sh** way too personally/seriously, and make way too much of things said or done in society/politics/etc, and get way too worked up about stuff like the argument between Clark and Reese.................this is also the dangerous line that is walked by those people that try to downplay sh** in an attempt to be "the TRUE voice of neutrality and reason".

I enjoy the morning rush but I wouldn’t put much stock in anything those 2 have to say about the W. Anyone who cares about CC and how she’s doing in the W can see through their inane takes on the subject.

I don’t think the W is smart enough to think in those terms. They’ve done everything they can to blow this golden opportunity for their league. When you’re a welfare organization that doesn’t have to make a profit to survive, you tend to hire people that don’t know how to make money.

OMG, it looks like there is even more momentum to award it to AR.

Clark is the best guard in the league…Reese is the third best player on her team. Shouldn’t be much of an argument over who’s the ROTY.

He was a family member to me. Quite the prick. Changed me $10 for his autograph at a reunion.
My Dad told me stories when i was growing up that his relative (great uncle I think) was the scout that discovered Bob Feller. Dad grew up in Clive, not sure about his uncle.....

Reese shot chart

451198650_10228376570892289_7358816497756115432_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2

Reese as ROTY and Clark as MVP.

She may get into the top 5. 17/6/8 is pretty damn good for anyone, let alone a rook.

Also first guard in league history with 20 block shots. And with two steals yesterday nearing the top five there too. Her counting stats are impressive. If they could go 9-6 in the last 15 and reach 20 wins, be hard to keep her out of the top 5 in voting. Wilson, Collier, and Thomas are probably top 5 for sure, so a couple spots available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT