ADVERTISEMENT

Ruh Roh. Is Ron DeSantis The Groomer? Would the GQP Even Care?

It doesn't seem to me that anyone can 100% confirm that it's RDS in the photo nor can they confirm that the girls in the photo are underage.

I don't like DeSantis much but I think if you are going to make accusations against someone to the level of accusing them of sleeping with someone who was under-aged you had best have some rock solid evidence that it you know actually happened.

A blurry photo of a guy we can't really identify with some girls we can't really identify nor confirm the ages of them at the time of the photo doesn't seem to qualify.

On top of that even if we know that it is RDS and those girls are underage all that tells us is that he was at a party where minors were drinking alcohol. Not that he slept with any of them or even that he supplied the alcohol.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone can 100% confirm that it's RDS in the photo nor can they confirm that the girls in the photo are underage.

I don't like DeSantis much but I think if you are going to make accusations against someone to the level of accusing them of sleeping with someone who was under-aged you had best have some rock solid evidence that it you know actually happened.

A blurry photo of a guy we can't really identify with some girls we can't really identify nor confirm the ages of them at the time of the photo doesn't seem to qualify.

On top of that even if we know that it is RDS and those girls are underage all that tells us is that he was at a party where minors were drinking alcohol. Not that he slept with any of them or even that he supplied the alcohol.
This has been out there for awhile. So I bet there is something to it. Mostly a young dude. Probably making a mistake of hanging out with his students. Not uncommon.

96. Only reason a teacher would be at a party was to either provide us booze or try to sleep with one one of us. It's freaking weird guys.
Did you think it was weird when they bought you alcohol?

Did you think it was weird when they bought you alcohol?
No we paid adults for it. Then told them to leave please. It's weird for 20-30 year olds to want to hang with high school kids.
Oops GIF

"He might be a pedophile, but he's OUR pedophile!"
Exactly. Ever heard of Gerry Studds? Dem congressperson banged an underage male Paige was censured for it and received a standing ovation from the Dems on his last day in Congress. At least he was their pedo.

Reactions: goldmom
This has been out there for awhile. So I bet there is something to it. Mostly a young dude. Probably making a mistake of hanging out with his students. Not uncommon.

Until we know I don't think the accusations should be made.

That said if that is true, it goes to show IMO my minority unpopular opinion that people straight out of college shouldn't be posted to teaching positions in high schools if possible. Send them to a middle school for at least a few years.

You have 22 year olds who have never been authority figures suddenly thrust into being authority figures over people who are not really all that much younger than they are. Let them get used to being authority figures in a place where that is more natural with children who are usually 9 to 10 years younger than them where it's simply more natural to view them as "Children"

It's not going to be natural for a 22 year old to view someone who's only 4 or 5 years younger than they are and physically an adult.

I mean consider that if you waited just 2 years to where the student is 20 and the teacher is 24 if they began a relationship, very few would even raise their eyebrows at that age gap.

Exactly. Ever heard of Gerry Studds? Dem congressperson banged an underage male Paige was censured for it and received a standing ovation from the Dems on his last day in Congress. At least he was their pedo.
It may be the point you are making, but I believe the standing ovation came at a townhall meeting in Cape Code after his censure. His retirement from Congress appears un eventful.

Reactions: Rodolpho and BGHAWK
Until we know I don't think the accusations should be made.

That said if that is true, it goes to show IMO my minority unpopular opinion that people straight out of college shouldn't be posted to teaching positions in high schools if possible. Send them to a middle school for at least a few years.

You have 22 year olds who have never been authority figures suddenly thrust into being authority figures over people who are not really all that much younger than they are. Let them get used to being authority figures in a place where that is more natural with children who are usually 9 to 10 years younger than them where it's simply more natural to view them as "Children"

It's not going to be natural for a 22 year old to view someone who's only 4 or 5 years younger than they are and physically an adult.

I mean consider that if you waited just 2 years to where the student is 20 and the teacher is 24 if they began a relationship, very few would even raise their eyebrows at that age gap.
Politics doesn't matter. If things are true or not. It's out there and needs to be debunked. Just the way things are. Also it doesn't matter if a 23 year old is naturally attracted to a 17 year old. You're still the teacher and have a fiduciary duty not to dip in the company wick as they say.

Reactions: globalhawk
Several students recalled that Mr. DeSantis was a frequent presence at parties with the seniors who lived in town. Most spoke about socializing with him on the condition of anonymity because they feared backlash for speaking publicly about it.

“As an 18-year-old, I remember thinking, ‘What are you doing here, dude?’” one former student said.

Ms. Minis said that when she was a senior, the fall after Mr. DeSantis left, she found a memo on a teacher’s desk reminding the staff that fraternizing with students was inappropriate, even after they graduated.

“‘That’s got to be about Mr. DeSantis!’ That’s what I remember everyone saying,” she said. Other students remembered at least one other teacher who had socialized with students that year.

Last year, Hill Reporter, a blog put out by a Democratic super PAC, published a photograph of Mr. DeSantis taken with several female students from Darlington in 2002, one of whom was holding what appeared to be a bottle of beer.

Two former students, both women, remembered him attending at least two parties where alcohol was served, but they said that the parties took place after graduation and that they were not bothered by his presence at the time, although they question it now. “It was his first job out of Yale, he was cute. We didn’t really think too much about it,” one of the former students said.

No we paid adults for it. Then told them to leave please. It's weird for 20-30 year olds to want to hang with high school kids.
Oops GIF
It didn’t happen all the time, but like I said it happened a couple of times. We were having fun and plastered so we didn’t give a f$&k

Reactions: tumorboy
No, I have never heard of that guy, never voted for him, and never supported him for anything. I don't even know when he was in Congress. But at least he is no longer there. If this is supposed to be some sort of "both sides" thing there are multiple recent examples of Democrats booting people for these types of things (well, not pedophilia but sex stuff) that are fairly recent though so I'm not sure how this is relevant. Kind of like pointing out that Democrats were the racist Party in 1930. It really isn't relevant to today.

It didn’t happen all the time, but like I said it happened a couple of times. We were having fun and plastered so we didn’t give a f$&k
Well that makes sense. But if a teacher starts eye balling someone I'm trying to hit up. I'm going to be pissed.

Politics doesn't matter. If things are true or not. It's out there and needs to be debunked. Just the way things are. Also it doesn't matter if a 23 year old is naturally attracted to a 17 year old. You're still the teacher and have a fiduciary duty not to dip in the company wick as they say.

I understand that and I'm not depriving them of responsibility in the least.

But you are putting that responsibility on someone who could potentially be both physically AND emotionally attracted to them, who is also still young and stupid themselves. Nevermind the fact that a lot of older adults who should know better in their 30's and 40's do stupid shit and blow up their lives over attractions to a co-worker.

The solution is easy so we have less students getting into inappropriate relationships with teachers (even if those relationships don't even turn sexual) and we don't risk losing people who could be good teachers if not for a stupid mistake. And it's simply when they are new and fresh out of college to put them in charge of people that they are naturally going to view as children until they are old enough that they start seeing 18 year olds as "kids".

Because look I can't tell you when the change happened but when I was 22 I didn't really view 18 year olds as kids. Sometime in my late 20's I started viewing them as kids. Now I wasn't going and having relationships with them or anything, I didn't really know many, I wasn't a teacher. And I'm also not saying I would have if I was a teacher because I consider myself more sexually restrained than most.

But I am saying that giving them just a few years to where there is enough age difference that they start to mentally view 18 year olds as "kids" is going to make things a lot easier and it's going to reduce the exposure to problems that potentially arise. Not just from sexual relationships but also in the form of being an authority figure and being viewed as an authority figure.

Already addressed earlier
Who care... the two sides are not equal. Republicans are far bigger hypocrites and when the battle is between two sides centrist americans lose.
Not to mention: I don't recall democrats running known pedophiles.

Reactions: Ree4
No we just like watching two idiots fight it out. The real joke is that you've probably voted for both of them.
Yep. Sure did.
Speaking of idiots...seen any good SOTU speeches lately?

It may be the point you are making, but I believe the standing ovation came at a townhall meeting in Cape Code after his censure. His retirement from Congress appears un eventful.
You oughta be a hair stylist - you’re awesome at splitting hairs.

So let me get this straight, Ron was at a party with girls younger than him? Are you kidding? The shame the horror! The scandal!:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So, you are good with it if true? You have no issues screaming DEMENTIA JOE, with no proof.

I never scream. Or call him DEMENTIA JOE.
I prefer President Pudding...Delaware Dimwit...Joey Applesause...Diaper Dummy.
Try to keep up.

Who care... the two sides are not equal. Republicans are far bigger hypocrites and when the battle is between two sides centrist americans lose.
Not to mention: I don't recall democrats running known pedophiles.
You saying RD is a pedo?

No, I have never heard of that guy, never voted for him, and never supported him for anything. I don't even know when he was in Congress. But at least he is no longer there. If this is supposed to be some sort of "both sides" thing there are multiple recent examples of Democrats booting people for these types of things (well, not pedophilia but sex stuff) that are fairly recent though so I'm not sure how this is relevant. Kind of like pointing out that Democrats were the racist Party in 1930. It really isn't relevant to today.
No. Just reminding you it’s nothing new in terms of tribalism. Not to mention it seems all that’s been posted is a picture of someone with three unknown girls and “pedophelia” has already been applied to it somehow. You know when MAGAs and Dems are working together against a common enemy it’s pretty gross.

I understand that and I'm not depriving them of responsibility in the least.

But you are putting that responsibility on someone who could potentially be both physically AND emotionally attracted to them, who is also still young and stupid themselves. Nevermind the fact that a lot of older adults who should know better in their 30's and 40's do stupid shit and blow up their lives over attractions to a co-worker.

The solution is easy so we have less students getting into inappropriate relationships with teachers (even if those relationships don't even turn sexual) and we don't risk losing people who could be good teachers if not for a stupid mistake. And it's simply when they are new and fresh out of college to put them in charge of people that they are naturally going to view as children until they are old enough that they start seeing 18 year olds as "kids".

Because look I can't tell you when the change happened but when I was 22 I didn't really view 18 year olds as kids. Sometime in my late 20's I started viewing them as kids. Now I wasn't going and having relationships with them or anything, I didn't really know many, I wasn't a teacher. And I'm also not saying I would have if I was a teacher because I consider myself more sexually restrained than most.

But I am saying that giving them just a few years to where there is enough age difference that they start to mentally view 18 year olds as "kids" is going to make things a lot easier and it's going to reduce the exposure to problems that potentially arise. Not just from sexual relationships but also in the form of being an authority figure and being viewed as an authority figure.
Teachers certificates are granted for different age levels. Mine is PK-8th, but the newer elementary certificates only go to 6th grade. The same is true in reverse for a middle and secondary certificates. A new teacher may be certified in a subject that is only taught at the junior and senior level.

Young teachers are perfectly capable of knowing what is and is not appropriate behavior regarding students. Some may mess up, but so do some teachers in their 30s and 40s.

I was an elementary teacher, but my second year of teaching I was asked to be a chaperone for the senior trip to the Ozarks. I was 23 and spent some time with a group of senior girls. We went shopping at a convenience store one day where they had "little brown jugs" of alcohol for sale. One of the girls begged me to buy one for her so she could give it as a gift to her mom. I really believe she would have given it as a gift and not drank it with her friends. I still refused to buy it. She was angry for awhile, but that comes with territory of being a teacher.

Uh oh, everyone watch out, goldmom is getting triggered again!
Triggered?
Nah. Some days I just have less tolerance for the DNC trolls, bots, and fakes on here insulting the intelligence of anyone blindly obeying the edicts of the leftists who lie every single day.
We are being led by a vegetable and their consistent party line is that we must cheer for the BS spewed and we must like it or we’re nitwits.
Good luck with that.

Look out here come her cute little remarks that she finds sooooooooooo funny.

Odd. I don’t find much of anything you’ve posted as possessing anything that could be mistaken for funny or witty in the least.

So let me get this straight, Ron was at a party with girls younger than him? Are you kidding? The shame the horror! The scandal!:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

To be fair if what is being saying is true it would be inappropriate for a student to be at a party, especially one serving alcohol to their students.

Triggered?
Nah. Some days I just have less tolerance for the DNC trolls, bots, and fakes on here insulting the intelligence of anyone blindly obeying the edicts of the leftists who lie every single day.
We are being led by a vegetable and their consistent party line is that we must cheer for the BS spewed and we must like it or we’re nitwits.
Good luck with that.

That vegetable owned your trumpie in 2020 and he owned the republs again last night. That doesn't say much for the right wingers you love so much.

Teachers certificates are granted for different age levels. Mine is PK-8th, but the newer elementary certificates only go to 6th grade. The same is true in reverse for a middle and secondary certificates. A new teacher may be certified in a subject that is only taught at the junior and senior level.

Young teachers are perfectly capable of knowing what is and is not appropriate behavior regarding students. Some may mess up, but so do some teachers in their 30s and 40s.

I was an elementary teacher, but my second year of teaching I was asked to be a chaperone for the senior trip to the Ozarks. I was 23 and spent some time with a group of senior girls. We went shopping at a convenience store one day where they had "little brown jugs" of alcohol for sale. One of the girls begged me to buy one for her so she could give it as a gift to her mom. I really believe she would have given it as a gift and not drank it with her friends. I still refused to buy it. She was angry for awhile, but that comes with territory of being a teacher.

My understanding was that there was basically just Elementary education and secondary education in terms of teaching certificates.

I know they are capable of knowing appropriate behavior, my issue is that with them being so close in age there comes a lot of potential problems that are easily avoided if you sent a teacher to teach in a middle school for just say 5 years before sending them up to work with high schoolers. And I just don't understand why asking a young teacher to spend 5 years teaching middle school before moving them up to teach high school is such a difficult thing.

No. Just reminding you it’s nothing new in terms of tribalism. Not to mention it seems all that’s been posted is a picture of someone with three unknown girls and “pedophelia” has already been applied to it somehow. You know when MAGAs and Dems are working together against a common enemy it’s pretty gross.
It's just a picture. I take mild amusement with it, mainly because it is the same kind of BS that DeSantis would pull. However, you would need more evidence than just a picture to give it context. He could be at a family get together or something for all we know. But I don't care, as often as he does this to other people, it's fitting he has to waste time with this himself.

She was totally going to drink it with her friends.

Did you check under the covers because someone's pronoun doesn't always tell the "real" story. Good thing the teacher gave you alcohol. As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

This is true. But pedo is being tossed about like it's a fact.

Yeah like I said I think there is a lot of information we don't have and strong accusations are being made with weak evidence.

And I don't like RDS at all. But we can't lose sight of the fact that you shouldn't make strong accusations with such weak evidence.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
This is true. But pedo is being tossed about like it's a fact.

DeGroomer doesn't help his cause by being friends with two known pedos, Gaetz and Greenberg, and doing little to distance himself from them. Like my republican parents reminded me many times - "you are the company you keep."

rbg.jpeg

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT