ADVERTISEMENT

****Rutgers vs Hawks Game Thread****

IA has to feel pretty good. Rutgers came out with a lot of emotion, played extremely tough D, and has had Harper & Baker shoot lights out and still only up 1.

This has to be going through their minds at halftime.

I'm not feeling that good. Moss had to have way above average half and way too many turnovers. Garza neutralized by Rutgers bigs who are stronger/more athletic. If Harper goes off again in 2nd half, curtains for Iowa.

Reactions: skydog0784
ByLiiC5.jpg
Thank you for that visual.
It is a huge improvement over my old timey reference.

We average 12 TOS a game. We have 10 in first half. We are playing like we are very nervous. They have to settle down, relax, run the offense. Hold them to 30 in the second half. Box out. With this team it is fundamental stuff.

Moss line at half: 12 points on 5-8 from the field, 3 steals, only 1 TO against a tough defense.

Quick shout out to Baer who hit a couple of big 3's.

Nothing too much from the rest. That will change.

We're sitting okay boys...

That 1-2-2 is causing them some problems so hopefully we keep seeing it. Early in the 2nd I expect to see a heavy dose of Cook and he needs to draw some fouls and make good decisions. If we can take care of the basketball, I like our chances of grinding this one out. A lot of teams have struggled in this crackerbox

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
This game ain't even close to over. If there is one improvement, aside from defense, that I've noticed about Fran this season, it's the second-half adjustments he makes when games are close. I'm only going by memory and not necessarily stats and facts here though, so go easy on me... but it just feels so right.

I'm not feeling that good. Moss had to have way above average half and way too many turnovers. Garza neutralized by Rutgers bigs who are stronger/more athletic. If Harper goes off again in 2nd half, curtains for Iowa.

Unfortunately, Garza's deficits in quickness/footspeed/agility are really showing up in a big way today on the defensive end.

Did they just say hes a 27% 3 point shooter and he has 3 of them already? BAU if so.
Harper was one of the better 3pt shooters in NJ HS last year. He shot like 44% from three last year. Harper has been up and down. He'll go 2 or 3 games where he's on fire, then the next few games he couldn't p*ss in the ocean while standing on the beach.

Daley just looks very intimidated when any team is aggressive defensively.

That 1-2-2 is causing them some problems so hopefully we keep seeing it. Early in the 2nd I expect to see a heavy dose of Cook and he needs to draw some fouls and make good decisions. If we can take care of the basketball, I like our chances of grinding this one out. A lot of teams have struggled in this crackerbox

This.
Pick up a couple of quick fouls on their bigs and that will slow them down. Maybe even help Garza get something going on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT