ADVERTISEMENT

School vouchers scam update

Because you and others have it wrong. You aren't subsidizing 'schools', you are subsidizing 'children's education'.
The obligation is to all of our kids. Actual people. Not to a building, institution or system.
The obligation (as laid out in many state constitutions and as part of the generally agreed on social compact that has existed for over a century) is to provide a uniform system of common public schools within a state.

Vouchers subvert that.

Same reason you pay taxes for everything. I don't like paying taxes for people who are capable of working. But instead push out babies with different baby daddies left and right. This is the world we live in. I don't feel having the parents right to choose their child's education is a bad thing, considering the absolute wait of taxes we use on other worthless projects.
The parents absolutely have a right to choose the source of their children’s education. They also have the right to pay the extra cost for that choice. Use like I have no choice except to find the education of other people’s children they should have no choice except to fund those same schools, even if they don’t send their kids there.

The responsibility of the state is to provide an education to kids, not to provide the exact education every parent wants for their kids.

All legal stuff like maximizing retirement contributions, HSAs, etc.
Claiming losses on investments...

Again, perfectly legal. But, as I said, there are many ways to lower taxable income to qualify for the voucher scam.
And for the average person it doesn't amount to much.

Private school was an option prior to the vouchers, correct?
Yes. So, what's your point. Now with vouchers it offers families the option to place their child in the private school when they might not have afforded it before. We pay billions in student loans for kids to go to major colleges for a degree that is completely useless after college (Biden keeps forgiving all those loans), what makes this any different?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
The parents absolutely have a right to choose the source of their children’s education. They also have the right to pay the extra cost for that choice. Use like I have no choice except to find the education of other people’s children they should have no choice except to fund those same schools, even if they don’t send their kids there.

The responsibility of the state is to provide an education to kids, not to provide the exact education every parent wants for their kids.
And it's not my responsibility to pay for people who took out student loans for a degree in something that can't be used in real life after college. But here we are forgiving loans left and right at my tax dollars expense. If I had a choice, I'd rather pay for vouchers for school children than student loans for degrees that people get and never use.

Yes. So, what's your point. Now with vouchers it offers families the option to place their child in the private school when they might not have afforded it before. We pay billions in student loans for kids to go to major colleges for a degree that is completely useless after college (Biden keeps forgiving all those loans), what makes this any different?
If you want to send your kid to a private school, great. If you can't afford it oh well. That's what public schools are for.

Reactions: bojihawk44
If you want to send your kid to a private school, great. If you can't afford it oh well. That's what public schools are for.
Public schools are there to teach what the parents want their children to learn. Not what the schools think is necessary. That's been forgotten long ago and that's why people want to send them elsewhere.

Public schools are there to teach what the parents want their children to learn. Not what the schools think is necessary. That's been forgotten long ago and that's why people want to send them elsewhere.
Actually, there are state standards that teachers must meet. Teachers primarily teach what they always have, reading, language arts, social studies, science, foreign language, math, physical education. What is it parents want their children to learn that isn't being taught?

And it's not my responsibility to pay for people who took out student loans for a degree in something that can't be used in real life after college. But here we are forgiving loans left and right at my tax dollars expense. If I had a choice, I'd rather pay for vouchers for school children than student loans for degrees that people get and never use.
The right to travel is constitutionally protected. Can I take my road taxes to build my own road or do I have to travel on the roads the state builds? Can I reclaim my funding for the military to equip my own? What are the limits to this of a state passes a law?

Actually, there are state standards that teachers must meet. Teachers primarily teach what they always have, reading, language arts, social studies, science, foreign language, math, physical education. What is it parents want their children to learn that isn't being taught?
Ya, thanks to Bush.. the standards became 1) can you breathe 2) can you spell your name 3) you should have as much sex as you want (there's no consequences for it)

The right to travel is constitutionally protected. Can I take my road taxes to build my own road or do I have to travel on the roads the state builds? Can I reclaim my funding for the military to equip my own? What are the limits to this of a state passes a law?
I'm just saying I don't have an issue with this bill. BTW, all those things you mentioned are don with private contractors and only maintained by the state.

It's weird to have a thread in which someone other than Northern is getting beaten like a mule, but, here Pinehawk is day after day.
It's hilarious and frustrating time after time.

All we get is some version of the same response when he continually gets proven wrong: "well too bad, it's law."

His allies are Rico, Northern, and sharky. You'd think that would be embarrassing to any normal person.

All we get is some version of the same response when he continually gets proven wrong: "well too bad, it's law."

His allies are Rico, Northern, and sharky. You'd think that would be embarrassing to any normal person.
I suppose he thinks he's trolling, and having a laugh, but he keeps losing bigly.

Considering he disagrees with them on every other topic.

And for the average person it doesn't amount to much.
Correct.

But our complaints center around people wealthy enough to already being able to afford private school getting a subsidy.

Private schools are a choice and they made their choice. Now they're getting a handout.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Correct.

But our complaints center around people wealthy enough to already being able to afford private school getting a subsidy.

Private schools are a choice and they made their choice. Now they're getting a handout.
Do you have that same opinion regarding student loan forgiveness?

Aww, seems the one's butthurt the most are the teachers at the public schools. The vouchers are for families that don't like the public-school systems and choose to enter their kids in a different school. So, the money isn't going to a public school, it's instead given to a school of the parent's choosing. This is how America works, if you aren't providing the proper service to the liking of the public, then you change how you do things and not continue to force people to have to live by something they don't want. That's just life of being in the public.
“Proper service”?
They are offering an education… the same as the private school! That is the “service” being offered. “Proper” is your word to justification the theft that is occurring to the majority of Iowa tax payers.

Translation = he doesn't want to expose his bias by answering the simple yes or no question.
Your post was a "whataboutism".

I just attempted to help you understand why Iowa Republicans pick and choose who to support.

Not my fault you have the attention span of a gnat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT