ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

Warner and Cass are not given finalists, both have the potential but it will come down to seeding if they are finalists. Warner is always a question on if he shows up offensively (winning by defense usually doesn't work). Cass hopefully gets AZ and Kerk on the other side. Cass hasn't ever squared off against Schultz has he?
Warner is a proven commodity at NCAAs, not necessarily a dual meet.

I'll take the over on 5.5 AA for $50 if you want that action
Shouldn't you be setting the over/under at 6.5 since I said they may get 6? Why would I bet against myself? I'm probably wrong though. As everyone here knows, I'm just horrible at predicting what's gonna happen with the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
The returning champ can rot in a Jail cell for all I care if he is guilty. The discussion is not about him, and I don’t think Teasdale or pd3 have anything to do with this call.
I was just trying to point out the TnT are willing to give a kid a chance. It does not always work out for the kid or the team, but TnT are not afraid to bring in a kid with some bad publicity. I still do not think they go after little Ferrari though.

😬😬😬
There seems to be a lot of back and forth about how iowa needs to go out and keep up with top p4p guys but then to also to stay away from the younger Ferrari. To me sometimes you have to take some chances on kids and hope that the culture you have built helps kids grow. You can take chances here and there if the overall culture does not suffer. Plus If they feel comfortable with the younger one then can't condemn a kid for the sins of a brother or father. Ill take him if the brands want him and he helps iowa win a title.

There seems to be a lot of back and forth about how iowa needs to go out and keep up with top p4p guys but then to also to stay away from the younger Ferrari. To me sometimes you have to take some chances on kids and hope that the culture you have built helps kids grow. You can take chances here and there if the overall culture does not suffer. Plus If they feel comfortable with the younger one then can't condemn a kid for the sins of a brother or father. Ill take him if the brands want him and he helps iowa win a title.

I don't think Gobblin is saying we shouldn't go after Lil Ferrari, he's saying he couldn't say anything/it was being kept somewhat hush hush. I don't think most people (I'm sure some though) are against Lil' Ferrari, but everyone is hesitant to get involved with the dad and the specter of Albert out there.

I don't think Gobblin is saying we shouldn't go after Lil Ferrari, he's saying he couldn't say anything/it was being kept somewhat hush hush. I don't think most people (I'm sure some though) are against Lil' Ferrari, but everyone is hesitant to get involved with the dad and the specter of Albert out there.

They must be interested in Lil Ferrari then. Wasn't it Gobblin that had no problem telling us Iowa wasn't interested in Aaron Brooks because of his dad? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

In any case, I dont think I ever thanked Tom for helping to hand deliver Aaron and his national championships to PSU. I'd like to do that now if I may...

Last edited:
They must be interested in Lil Ferrari then. Wasn't it Gobblin that had no problem telling us Iowa wasn't interested in Aaron Brooks because of his dad? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

In any case, I dont think I ever thanked Tom for helping to hand deliver Aaron and his national championships to PSU. I'd like to do that now if I may...
Hey buddy, go take a long walk on a short Pier , until your hat floats.

Gobblin also said Eierman would not be coming to Iowa for the same reason.

• Wow
Reactions: Gobblin
I don't think he will. His technique is better and Cass has plenty horsepower. Plain and simple Cass is a better wrestler.
schultz is underrated because he's so boring, but he's really good. he knows what he is. he'll wait for cass to attack and will try to squish him. he came close a couple times when cass was bigger. it will be a tough match.

schultz is underrated because he's so boring, but he's really good. he knows what he is. he'll wait for cass to attack and will try to squish him. he came close a couple times when cass was bigger. it will be a tough match.
I agree it will be a tough match, but I still feel Cass will win. Cass will need to get his hands and feet moving and get his angles to take away Schultz's size advantage. I also believe Cass will be able to put a hard ride on Schultz.

Against Schultz, Cass is going to be trying to use his superior movement skills and snatch singles. Schultz doesn't do anything truly offensive from neutral, typically, so he's not a threat there against the other top level guys, but he can squish you to death on an errant shot and counter.

Reactions: Gobblin and T8KUDWN
Against Schultz, Cass is going to be trying to use his superior movement skills and snatch singles. Schultz doesn't do anything truly offensive from neutral, typically, so he's not a threat there against the other top level guys, but he can squish you to death on an errant shot and counter.
Cass isn't skinny anymore either. He's added back some lbs

pretty much….. it’s a shame that so many kids are raised with such shitty parenting that they need coaches or teachers to compensate for it

But I’m a firm believer there’s good in everyone given the guidance and opportunity to find it….. I’m really leery of this kid’s Dad not him…… he can’t help who his family is

guys like you make the ignore feature vital to my internet experience

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Lol I think he has a point, whether we want to hear it or not is another story. Lol
He’s just an irritant I don’t need….. isn’t there enough sources of irritation in the world

sign onto a forum to get information and discuss your favorite team and you get these gnats trying to get a response

Not sure what drives that behavior…. guessing it’s a Mommy issue

Reactions: Exo and Gobblin
Lol I think he has a point, whether we want to hear it or not is another story. Lol
I really was mostly joking but in my trollish way I wanted to remind some that these kids you want no part of could one day make your life miserable. Kinda like Aaron Brooks is doing to those here that didn't want him.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
I really was mostly joking but in my trollish way I wanted to remind some that these kids you want no part of could one day make your life miserable. Kinda like Aaron Brooks is doing to those here that didn't want him.
there’s not a college athlete in the world that could ever “make my life miserable” let alone one still in high school
Water Shitting GIF by LLIMOO

I think you are misremembering. I think it was that Brook's Dad told Tom that he had to beat Carl's price if he wanted Aaron to go to Iowa.

I think you are misremembering. I think it was that Brook's Dad told Tom that he had to beat Carl's price if he wanted Aaron to go to Iowa.
Yes, someone here told us that Mr Brooks gave Tom a price, I remember that because I called bullish!! on that. The part I may be misremembering is who told us that Iowa had no interest in Aaron or his dad. It was someone here. I think it was Gobblin but like I said, I’m not sure. On a related note, Mr Brooks did comment but I think it was pretty much relegated to him informing us that Iowa never even called Aaron to recruit him. I know this because the old johnstownsteel (before his rebirth) used it to troll some folks. :)

Yes, someone here told us that Mr Brooks gave Tom a price, I remember that because I called bullish!! on that. The part I may be misremembering is who told us that Iowa had no interest in Aaron or his dad. It was someone here. I think it was Gobblin but like I said, I’m not sure. On a related note, Mr Brooks did comment but I think it was pretty much relegated to him informing us that Iowa never even called Aaron to recruit him. I know this because the old johnstownsteel (before his rebirth) used it to troll some folks. :)
Is that the same SOB that claimed Nelson bit his son? He seems to like making outrageous claims. Which leads me to believe Iowa did at least reach out to Aaron. Aaron is one hell of a wrestler but his dad has diarrhea of the mouth. I’d rather deal with Ferrari’s dad and his cockiness than that crybaby.

Is that the same SOB that claimed Nelson bit his son? He seems to like making outrageous claims. Which leads me to believe Iowa did at least reach out to Aaron. Aaron is one hell of a wrestler but his dad has diarrhea of the mouth. I’d rather deal with Ferrari’s dad and his cockiness than that crybaby.
PSU fans are cool with that.

It was Aaron's dad that said Iowa never called Aaron to recruit him. That was refuted by a good source. So I think in a single post you've adequately conveyed that (1) Aaron's dad is an a-hole, and (2) the son of an a-hole can still score big NCAA points. Agree with both.

It was Aaron's dad that said Iowa never called Aaron to recruit him. That was refuted by a good source. So I think in a single post you've adequately conveyed that (1) Aaron's dad is an a-hole, and (2) the son of an a-hole can still score big NCAA points. Agree with both.
I don’t know whether they did or not but it sure is fun laughing at the idea that they didn’t considering how badly their fan base COVETS National Championships. It’s also fun laughing at full grown adults…in todays landscape, blindly believing everything they are told no matter the source.

Let’s just say for the sake of argument your source is correct. I myself would COVET the opportunity to thank the Brands brothers personally for not recruiting widely respected…highly successful student athletes because they don’t care for their daddy. As a fan, I love celebrating National Championships. If they want to just hand them to PSU I’m all for it. And if little Ferrari ends up elsewhere because that don’t like dad….I’m all for that as well. Apparently, you’re down for that too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Petch and el dub
I don’t know whether they did or not but it sure is fun laughing at the idea that they didn’t considering how badly their fan base COVETS National Championships. It’s also fun laughing at full grown adults…in todays landscape, blindly believing everything they are told no matter the source.

Let’s just say for the sake of argument your source is correct. I myself would COVET the opportunity to thank the Brands brothers personally for not recruiting widely respected…highly successful student athletes because they don’t care for their daddy. As a fan, I love celebrating National Championships. If they want to just hand them to PSU I’m all for it. And if little Ferrari ends up elsewhere because that don’t like dad….I’m all for that as well. Apparently, you’re down for that too :)
I’m not sure that fits here. It sounds like the Ferrari family checks off some of the important boxes for consideration at Iowa. Prolly a better cultural fit, imo.

I’m not sure that fits here. It sounds like the Ferrari family checks off some of the important boxes for consideration at Iowa. Prolly a better cultural fit, imo.
Andrew long is being hired as the assistant coach for the women’s program and Ed Ruth is teaching driver’s ed at the local wrestling clubs in Iowa. It’s win at all costs here. Johnstown has shown the way.

Andrew long is being hired as the assistant coach for the women’s program and Ed Ruth is teaching driver’s ed at the local wrestling clubs in Iowa. It’s win at all costs here. Johnstown has shown the way.
That sounds like possible bad hires. Ed should stick to coaching on the mat and not behind the wheel, imo.

Has anyone sent a message to the AD to shed light on this? I hate to go over anyones head, but….

Reactions: Iowabandwagon

Do you do you COVET the opportunity to thank Cael personally for handing PSU to Andrew Long? Is it fun laughing about that too?

In recruiting, there's clearly a balance to be struck between talent and character ("character" also encompassing family). You want to win, you don't want drama, you don't want bad press.

Tom & Terry tend to be more along the spectrum of black-and-white thinkers, which is sometimes to their benefit and sometimes not. I do think we've limited our recruiting based on character. But that's their prerogative, and they know the dynamic in the room.

I'd take on more risk in that area because the upside is so high. Re the '80s, yeah, I'd love a Penrith, a Lewis, an Alger, and a Chiapparelli. I'd absolutely have a conversation with little Ferrari. But it's easy to drive from the backseat.

Do you think TnT would have recruited high school TnT given their character concerns coming out of high school?

That sounds like possible bad hires. Ed should stick to coaching on the mat and not behind the wheel, imo.

Has anyone sent a message to the AD to shed light on this? I hate to go over anyones head, but….
I don’t know but I do know that Johnstown wants to personally thank Tom for not recruiting Aaron brooks. Boy, if I could be a fly on the wall for that zero percent chance hypothetical.

Reactions: mcpat and el dub
Do you think TnT would have recruited high school TnT given their character concerns coming out of high school?

Johns

the worm has turned

be afraid in happy valley

have a real nice day

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT