ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

Bull vs. Quincy final now. Monday couple shots that Bull fends off. Bull goes on the clock, gets double unders and drops him for the TD! Quincy gets two with a quick explosive shot, but Bull fights off the laces well to avoid backs. 2-2 at the break.

2nd: Quincy with a quick TD off the whistle, gets the lace again and three exposures, now up 10-2. Bull takes a nice shot but Quincy reshot, able to get the TD and wins by tech 12-2. Quincy's explosiveness ends up pulling him away.

Reactions: KYHWKY
was my prediction the whole time. his best version is as a close to full sized heavyweight. his style is much more suited to that. he doesn’t have the foot speed to be a small heavy or 213 imo.
Cass seemed pretty nimble and effective against 5x AA Warner.

Reactions: MAGAman
First there was Dylan Ness - only a fool would lock up with him. Well Imar came along and that was that. We've see it all now? Nope - Cenzo ragdolled Imar - at will. I'm not believing this. But we're done now, aren't we? Nobody will go upper body with Cenzo. But when Marinelli and Joseph start at it, I'm speechless. Those matches were beyond classic. Not sure we'll ever see any like it again.
We saw Gomez-Andonian (twice!) just last year. Doesn’t get more nuts than that!

Bull vs. Quincy final now. Monday couple shots that Bull fends off. Bull goes on the clock, gets double unders and drops him for the TD! Quincy gets two with a quick explosive shot, but Bull fights off the laces well to avoid backs. 2-2 at the break.

2nd: Quincy with a quick TD off the whistle, gets the lace again and three exposures, now up 10-2. Bull takes a nice shot but Quincy reshot, able to get the TD and wins by tech 12-Alex should leave his shoes in the center.

2nd: Quincy with a quick TD off the whistle, gets the lace again and three exposures, now up 10-2. Bull takes a nice shot but Quincy reshot, able to get the TD and wins by tech 12-2.
The Bull is always going to be a legend. I hope I eat crow but I don’t ever see him winning any World or Olympic medal.

Deede vs Wieser final at 76kg now. Wieser in deep on a shot but Deede defends well, gives up the step out in the process. First ends that way, Wieser up 1-0.

2nd: Wieser goes feet to back big time, ends up securing the fall. Deede takes 2nd.

Feel bad for warner. Just seems like he isnt all in at times. Great kid! Seems like since fresh or soph yr its bern gradual decline. So talented coming out of HS. Is he injured where he cant condition?
Probably just lazy like most former hawks.

good performance. still feels like spencer is a long way from his ceiling. i hope he wrestled overseas before the trials.
Agree. Not the most dominant today, but never in danger either. Get him some good mat time and
Guys who have no gas tank do not fare well against Nico.
I meant it as a positive actually. Still working on that tank issue and was able to control Nico for the most part. If that tank is full at trials, I think he dominates.

Agreed, Nico is full throttle start to finish. At Farrel, Spencer was so gassed that I believe if the match would have went another minute he might have lost.
Although his tank is a work in progress, I didn't get that feeling in this match.

Yea I think Spencer puts a lot of effort out early into dominating and when it doesn't happen, doubt and gas has creeped up on him. So wresting a smart, tactical match will usually work in his favor. That's what I saw in that last minute. It was nearly a minute long scramble at the end in which he wrestled through every position. A gassed guy would have bailed out at some point.

Yea I think Spencer puts a lot of effort out early into dominating and when it doesn't happen, doubt and gas has creeped up on him. So wresting a smart, tactical match will usually work in his favor. That's what I saw in that last minute. It was nearly a minute long scramble at the end in which he wrestled through every position. A gassed guy would have bailed out at some point.
His shot was at 1:25. It was a LONG scramble exchange.

Reactions: IAChief32
I don’t follow free as much as I probably should, I’ve watched the last two tourneys Lees been in. Where’s he at for trials, is Nico top tier or should he be dominating him?

I don’t follow free as much as I probably should, I’ve watched the last two tourneys Lees been in. Where’s he at for trials, is Nico top tier or should he be dominating him?
Found this from 2 days ago. I think Nico can hang with any of the guys above him and have a shot at beating any of them. I don't think he can beat Lee at this point. Lee 2-0 in the last month and I think Lee is widening the gap.

1 Zane RichardsUSA1
2 Thomas GilmanUSA2
3 Nick SurianoUSA3
4 Spencer LeeUSA4
5 Nico MegaludisUSAUR
6 Jakob CamachoUSA5
7 Luke LilledahlUSAUR
8 Brandon CourtneyUSAUR
9 Daniel DeShazerUSA9 (61)
10 Cooper FlynnUSA7

Last edited:
Who is already sitting in Final X?

Dake
Taylor
Snyder
?
?
?

Last edited:
Who is already sitting in Final X?

Dake
Taylor
Snyder
?
?
?

Those who have advanced to the Olympic Trials finals series include men’s freestyle wrestlers Kyle Dake (74 kg), David Taylor (86 kg), Kyle Snyder (97 kg) and Mason Parris (125 kg), plus women’s freestyle wrestlers Sarah Hildebrandt (50 kg), Helen Maroulis (57 kg) and Adeline Gray (76 kg).

Found this from 2 days ago. I think Nico can hang with any of the guys above him and have a shot at beating any of them. I don't think he can beat Lee at this point. Lee 2-0 in the last month and I think Lee is widening the gap.

1 Zane RichardsUSA1
2 Thomas GilmanUSA2
3 Nick SurianoUSA3
4 Spencer LeeUSA4
5 Nico MegaludisUSAUR
6 Jakob CamachoUSA5
7 Luke LilledahlUSAUR
8 Brandon CourtneyUSAUR
9 Daniel DeShazerUSA9 (61)
10 Cooper FlynnUSA7
Fix will in the mix as well, among others, but he’s the best guy not on that list.

Reactions: Sett1997
you are wrong, trust me on this.
Agreed, he still looks explosive to me, he just tempers down a bit as the match progresses. As Chief said , he's calculating his tank and wrestling smarter as he gets the conditioning issue ironed out.
Nico is no joke, he's a seasoned vet with full blown man strength.
Nico blew through the competition at Farrel and Seniors, until Spencer.

Forgot about Fix, he seems big at 61kg. Can he still make the cut without a major drop? Who else are you thinking?
I’m just going off that’s the only Olympic weight he’s competed that I can recall. I don’t think he’s been up at 65kg anyway. I just assume I am forgetting others more than anything.

Reactions: Sett1997
I think Vito is there too.
I think Vito will have a rough go with Spencer at 57 if Spencer keeps improving and getting up to speed. Especially now with the cut Vito has to make.
Anyone is going to have a rough go with Spencer if he can get back up to speed, he's on his way.
Imo he's still wrestling a little sloppy because he knows he's not quite in the shape he needs to be. Taking chances trying to end the match early. He didn't do that until his senior year. He was always aggressive but seems to be a bit too aggressive.
He wrestled a smart match today. He's got 4 months to peak.
I'm excited about the possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I think Vito will have a rough go with Spencer at 57 if Spencer keeps improving and getting up to speed. Especially now with the cut Vito has to make.
Anyone is going to have a rough go with Spencer if he can get back up to speed, he's on his way.
Imo he's still wrestling a little sloppy because he knows he's not quite in the shape he needs to be. Taking chances trying to end the match early. He didn't do that until his senior year. He was always aggressive but seems to be a bit too aggressive.
He wrestled a smart match today. He's got 4 months to peak.
I'm excited about the possibility.
I think you coupd PPV SL vs gilman with all the drama around them.

Reactions: redghost1974
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT