ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

I don't understand why we would want Eierman to hang it up. If you are an Iowa fan, which maybe you aren't, you should want as many of our past studs to stick around as we can. Maybe he will never be on the Olympic team but he can sure as heck give our guys great looks at a different style. It seems like this tournament is 50% future, current, or past PSU guys. We should aspire for it to have just as many or more and they all can't win the spot.

Spencer v Rodriguez semis mat 1 now

Td Lee, 2-0. Stepout Rodriguez 2-1. Td , gut, lace, lace 10-1 Spencer. Td Spencer as time expires, maybe. Awaiting challenge. No td, 10-1 at break

There's the td, 12-1 Lee

Last edited:
I don't understand why we would want Eierman to hang it up. If you are an Iowa fan, which maybe you aren't, you should want as many of our past studs to stick around as we can. Maybe he will never be on the Olympic team but he can sure as heck give our guys great looks at a different style. It seems like this tournament is 50% future, current, or past PSU guys. We should aspire for it to have just as many or more and they all can't win the spot.
I wouldnt want one hawk learn his style

• Wow
Reactions: honkey69
Marinelli v Facundo semis mat 2 now

Facundo on clock. 1-0 Marinelli. Break

Big 4 footsweep for Marinelli 5-0. Stepout, 6-0 1 min left. End

6-0 Marinelli winner
Great win he may do damage in a few yrs. So strong

Anyone listen to Flo’s last podcast before SR nats? Askerns hate for IA is so vast, he spent a bit of time talking about Fucando beating Marinelli. Basically stating it won’t be much of an issue for Fucando as he’s far superior in free than folk where as Marinelli is the opposite. I know he’s got some ausburgers going on (not insulting) but he cannot, NOT let his hate for Iowa get in his way of predictions, judgment, recaps, general wrestling talk. It’s beyond childish. That match wasn’t even close. Fuc was nowhere near scoring on Marinelli. Complete domination.

Anyone listen to Flo’s last podcast before SR nats? Askerns hate for IA is so vast, he spent a bit of time talking about Fucando beating Marinelli. Basically stating it won’t be much of an issue for Fucando as he’s far superior in free than folk where as Marinelli is the opposite. I know he’s got some ausburgers going on (not insulting) but he cannot, NOT let his hate for Iowa get in his way of predictions, judgment, recaps, general wrestling talk. It’s beyond childish. That match wasn’t even close. Fuc was nowhere near scoring on Marinelli. Complete domination.

Askren was a great wrestler. But he's always been a moron otherwise and now sounds like he's punch drunk after getting ktfo his last couple mma fights.

Askren was a great wrestler. But he's always been a moron otherwise and now sounds like he's punch drunk after getting ktfo his last couple mma fights.
I don’t get all the Askren hate. And wouldn’t label him a moron for his takes. He can be critical of Iowa and its methods from time to time but so are a good deal of fans posting here. He/AWA also is producing more blue chip recruits than the entire state of Iowa. He has the AA/ncaa champ and world champ receipts to back it up

Yeah cause the hawks definitely couldn’t benefit from having a decent scrambler in the room 🤦
He’s beyond stupid just ignore him. This board was better without his contributions. Anyone that wouldn’t want a college wrestler with 100 wins, a unique scrambling style that was also an ncaa finalist in our room helping and developing our current group is a fool. Having JE in our room was a positive. Period.

Some fools have the decency to remain quiet but the biggest fools will always let you know who they are.

Last edited:
I don’t get all the Askren hate. And wouldn’t label him a moron for his takes. He can be critical of Iowa and its methods from time to time but so are a good deal of fans posting here. He/AWA also is producing more blue chip recruits than the entire state of Iowa. He has the AA/ncaa champ and world champ receipts to back it up
I guess i don’t get your reply? Did i call him a moron? Critical is an understatement but I’ll accept that as the only thing you said in this nonsensical rant that addressed my post.
Questions;

Again, did i call him a moron?

Did anyone say otherwise about the wrestlers that have came out of AWA?

What exactly is the point of listing his college and freestyle credentials?

I made no mention of his success, as there’s no arguing it. However, your post is exactly what i would expect from a child, which i did call him.

Reactions: MizzuHawk
I guess i don’t get your reply? Did i call him a moron? Critical is an understatement but I’ll accept that as the only thing you said in this nonsensical rant that addressed my post.
Questions;

Again, did i call him a moron?

Did anyone say otherwise about the wrestlers that have came out of AWA?

What exactly is the point of listing his college and freestyle credentials?

I made no mention of his success, as there’s no arguing it. However, your post is exactly what i would expect from a child, which i did call him.
I didn’t respond to you. Another poster said he was a moron…

And if it was unclear. I was referring to the wrestlers he’s trained or has trained. Currently 2 age level world champs and a national champ.

He’s was in on Iowa winning in 2020-21. His takes are usually reasonable. Iowa would be better off getting in on his recruits.

Desanto, Warner, and Cassioppi all need 1 more win tomorrow to qualify for OTTs.

Win next match and they are in the 3rd place bout. Lose and they wrestle for 5th(last qualifying spot).

Dream scenario- Cass and Warner both win next round and can decide if they want to wrestle the 3rd place match.

Nightmare- they both lose next round and face each other for the final qualifying spot.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT