39s
Teske up 5-0
2min of RT riding Heiliman.

Teske wins 9-4
Finishes in 7th.
Kolbie
up and out
thinking unders
now a body lock and lifts off the ground but almsot falls.
nothing
best 1-0 match of the day
47s
in second.

Brands, Assad, Warner. Not murders row is it. So the apparent lack of development from them, lack of offense. Is that a TNT thing... is it lack of quality upper weight coaching? Where has it not worked out like everyone hoped?

Kolbie has been the agressor.
Just like Warner.
If they're not calling SW anymore, then it wil be a long post season
3rd
CS on top
1-0 lead

CS has RT back to zero
1:25 left
CS working a far side cradle
RT almost 53s
now over 1 min of RT
tough working ride
16s left
oob
RT is 1:11

Reactions: meatloaf55
Murin can usually outlast Thomas, who gasses against high pace guys. Teske is probably least likely to win. Brands’ match is a toss-up, but I think he pulls it out. Cobe’s is a toss-up, but I think he comes up short. Warner should never be in danger, but we know he’s not going to blow out a decent guy. Davison has looked a little off, so I have Cass, despite the spladle debacle last year.
Wrong a lot here PSU Mike…

Teske get hurt at the end of that match? Appeared so. I still like his ability to ride and turn to win a few at nationals so hopefully it was nothing.

My hope is the wrestlers treat this year as a complete failure. We let Penn St. increase their power at our expense.
Unacceptable!

I agree, but I’m desperate. We’re certainly better than this but can’t seem to slow down Penn. St.
Nothing I've seen in the last few years from 174 to 197 suggests we are. It is clear Brands needs to completely overhaul the approach to the upper weights.

Reactions: MatBrat
But you don’t know shit. Go watch BB lose to Nebraska
I haven’t watched a second of the game today, but I badly want them to beat Nebraska.

I, like both my brothers(one is a head coach in HS,) my son, and my daughter all were/are wrestlers. There are no males in the family that ever played basketball.

Cut the little brother attitude about basketball out. It’s small, petty, and unbecoming.

Wrestling is awesome. Basketball is a great sport too.

Assad was the #1 ranked 182 pounder and #13 p4p. So I guess PSU getting all the talent is only part of the equation.
And/or those rankings are only meaningful "on average". And they are only rankings within 1 year class.

We
I agree, but I’m desperate. We’re certainly better than this but can’t seem to slow down Penn. St.
We really are not though we have been the second best program in the country for over a decade now its just how it is. Can it change sure but it's not happening for a bit. It's still a hell of a program. Also really the whole point of the big ten tournament is to qualify for the national tournament and all 10 guys did without needing an at large bid which pretty awesome.

Nothing I've seen in the last few years from 174 to 197 suggests we are. It is clear Brands needs to completely overhaul the approach to the upper weights.
This is BEYOND ignorant. Kemerer and Warner were Finalists at 174 and 197, respectively, AA’d top 5 the last 2 seasons and would have been 3 if not for Covid. Assad had a string of injuries mess him up badly.

I swear, it’s like a bunch of you literally know nothing about wrestling. It’s crazy, because this board ALSO has some of the most knowledgeable fans possible too.

It is just so frustrating because many of you don’t realize how spoiled you are. I mean you are complaining about guys that are wrestling for 5th place in BY FAR the most difficult conference in all of Folkstyle wrestling. Your WORST guy just took 7th and is top 15 in the Country. Not one other team in all of DI has all 10 across the board and that includes PSU.

Yes, PSU is better. But, this Iowa team is actually really good. You have 10 point scorers at NCAAs and 2 guys that look like Champs. 75 other teams in DI would trade for that level of talent in a frocking heart beat…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT