ADVERTISEMENT

So do you really want to blow this whole thing up?

I don’t like taking that risk. But leaving BF on the staff was intolerable. A bad situation is still better than an intolerable one. If our head coach places his son above the team, then there is no decision to make.
Yea. This is spot on. Defending Brian because he’s your son and not looking at him as being the worst offensive coordinator in modern big ten football history, goes against every principle with iowa football about integrity and doing your job and being held accountable.

Reactions: shudaddy
Oh, no. Iowa is losing the OC heading up the worst offense in college football. Whatever will we do? Kirk can leave too if he put his own son(nepotism) above the needs of the program. It’s sucks that Phil will likely be collateral damage.
It will be a terrible look if KF leaves because his son was removed - given the chance to resign- by an AD that has the guts to call out this ridiculous set up and the worst offense ever. KF should be thanking her for doing this - now he can get someone talented and get the offense fixed. With the portal you can do this quickly.
Many seem to think the KF will act like a big huge baby and quit because his poor son was treated so shitty.
For KFs legacy, I hope he doesn’t quit because of one terrible hire he refused to deal with.

1. If anybody "blows the whole thing up" it will be KFz. He wasn't let go so he'd be the one doing it by choice.
2. He was leaving at some point anyway. Whether it's 2024 or 2027 doesn't really matter
3. I trust BG to make the new hire (when ever that comes) a hell of a lot more than Barta

Zero percent chance Kirk returns next year with Brian booted out. Simply not happening. If you can find odds on Will Kirk Ferentz be Iowa's coach in 2024....bet your life savings on no.

If Kirk's gone, there's about a 1% chance Phil Parker returns. He has no desire to coach for someone else. Very loyal to Kirk. Came here in '99. THere's a reason Phil has turned down opportunities that would make your head spin...and it aint because he loves Iowa City. It's cuz he loves KF.

So for all these people saying, keep Phil, bring on a new O coordinator, and win a natty!....sorry, that ain't happening.

The past few years haven't been perfect. They've been maddening at times. But hawks have also won a couple bowls, division titles, had more consistent success than 90% of the teams out there. WIth KF, the good outweighs the bad (for most).

So do you really want to blow this thing up? Bc that's what's gonna happen with Brian being let go.

Seems pretty risky to me.

I’m curious, OP, how you think this should have all played out?

Reactions: littlez
Kirk needs to go. People who say Kirk should go out on his terms. I say F U. Nobody at any position has a right to go out on their own in a public job. Go get a private sector job then. Using Brian's own words whats the upside of keeping Kirk?with the conference changes coming. I have yet to hear one iowa writer say iowa can compete in the new league with Kirk as coach. So why keep him?
I think if Kirk calls it a career after the USC ass kicking... his legacy is intact. instead, we get whatever the next few games give us.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Zero percent chance Kirk returns next year with Brian booted out. Simply not happening. If you can find odds on Will Kirk Ferentz be Iowa's coach in 2024....bet your life savings on no.

If Kirk's gone, there's about a 1% chance Phil Parker returns. He has no desire to coach for someone else. Very loyal to Kirk. Came here in '99. THere's a reason Phil has turned down opportunities that would make your head spin...and it aint because he loves Iowa City. It's cuz he loves KF.

So for all these people saying, keep Phil, bring on a new O coordinator, and win a natty!....sorry, that ain't happening.

The past few years haven't been perfect. They've been maddening at times. But hawks have also won a couple bowls, division titles, had more consistent success than 90% of the teams out there. WIth KF, the good outweighs the bad (for most).

So do you really want to blow this thing up? Bc that's what's gonna happen with Brian being let go.

Yes. **** this offense.

Reactions: wxhawk
Yea. This is spot on. Defending Brian because he’s your son and not looking at him as being the worst offensive coordinator in modern big ten football history, goes against every principle with iowa football about integrity and doing your job and being held accountable.
LOL, what a crock !

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Is KF immortal or something? You're going to have to replace him at some point, so why not do it now while he has apparently lost his marbles with regards to his son and offensive recruiting? This deification of coaches is just weird to me. A 20yo Madden tournament winner on a 50k KFC salary would've had the same record as him this year.

A lot to unpack here

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT