ADVERTISEMENT

So I dont know enough about the CC situation to speak directly to that, but I do agree with this lady in premise.

I may have seen it here, or read it elsewhere, but they keep talking about CC22 breaking Marovich record. Pete only played 3 years and there was no shot clock and no 3 point line.
It's not something I'm paying super-close attention to. The difference between men's and women's hoops makes that pointless imo.

Both are two of the greatest scorers ever. Beyond the gender difference, there's also the difference in eras (no 3 pt line) and everything else.

huge fan of CC. she is disrespected because of the color of her skin, period.

now, lately I have watched two different saturday nite broadcasts on fox. last nite included. twice they have said she is the best in college BB , men or women. I truly do not know how to gauge that.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
now, lately I have watched two different saturday nite broadcasts on fox. last nite included. twice they have said she is the best in college BB , men or women. I truly do not know how to gauge that.

It is relative to her impact in NCAAW versus the most impactful player in NCAAM. I'm not even sure who they consider the best in the men's game right now.

It is relative to her impact in NCAAW versus the most impactful player in NCAAM. I'm not even sure who they consider the best in the men's game right now.
I am not sure about "impactful", if that's a thing. I guess it is in 2024.

I think it's a fairly accurate statement - not based on her being the "best" in either men's or women's, but rather due to the fact that she's a 4th year player that fan's have gotten to know - whereas there's very few of those in the men's game that could have the same impact, as most will leave early if they are good enough for the NBA.

Reactions: Moral
It's not something I'm paying super-close attention to. The difference between men's and women's hoops makes that pointless imo.

Both are two of the greatest scorers ever. Beyond the gender difference, there's also the difference in eras (no 3 pt line) and everything else.
Agree. I more or less posted without comment. I am of the opinion that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. While the sport is basketball, the games each play or played are vastly different.

I don’t watch much women’s BB, but did catch a few minutes of the Iowa game yesterday.

Clark is pretty amazing. I imagine there will be lots of envy in coming years as she gets all the PR and the WNBA makes her the face of the league. I fear lots of the criticism will be race-based and antagonistic.

Another example of why we can’t have nice things.

So Swoopes gets called out by numerous people on Twitter and then Swoopes calls the people calling her out as ignorant.

This keeps getting more ridiculous by the minute.

I'm guessing she is a bit of a gaslighter in her personal life. A potential narcissist too.

I'm guessing she is a bit of a gaslighter in her personal life. A potential narcissist too.
Deep down Swoopes is likely extremely bitter that Caitlin Clark has made more NIL and endorsement $$ in her senior year of college, than Sheryl Swoopes made total, in her pro career and after.

In addition to that, Caitlin is selling out every home and away venue, and setting attendance records, while Swoopes played in front of 1,400 people (college and WNBA) on a good night.

Yeah, she’s bitter.

When Pistol Pete got into the NBA and his stats dropped off to a mere 22 FA, his scoring average fell to 24 ppg. He rarely even tried a 3 pointer in the NBA. His 14 FT attempts in college showed he was penetrator and driver to the basket not a long range shooter. The only gripe I have with CC is the sometimes terrible force turnovers to players who won't score anyway or are double triple teamed. Even her % of TOs to assists, while high is less than PP's...

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
When Pistol Pete got into the NBA and his stats dropped off to a mere 22 FA, his scoring average fell to 24 ppg. He rarely even tried a 3 pointer in the NBA. His 14 FT attempts in college showed he was penetrator and driver to the basket not a long range shooter. The only gripe I have with CC is the sometimes terrible force turnovers to players who won't score anyway or are double triple teamed. Even her % of TOs to assists, while high is less than PP's...
To be fair to Pete; it was a very long time before teams accepted the 3 pt shot as a major factor. Even when Steph and the Warriors started their run you still had lots of basketball purists claiming teams that relied on jumpshots could never win titles.

What's her assist-to-turnovers ration compared to the rest of women's hoops?

If there wasn't, op wouldn't post it.
I very clearly identified what stood out yo.me about the talking point. I even went so far as to point out I don't know Caitlin's* situation. What I do care about is how covid will impact the record books and multiple years of eligibility being granted by the NCAA.

Last edited:
I very clearly identified what stood out yo.me about the talking point. I even went so far as to point out I don't know caitlyns situation. What I do care about is how covid will impact the record books and multiple years of eligibility being granted by the NCAA.
del-griffith-oh-sure-sure.gif

I may have seen it here, or read it elsewhere, but they keep talking about CC22 breaking Marovich record. Pete only played 3 years and there was no shot clock and no 3 point line.
She'd have to play another year to have a shot at that record. I mean, it's possible if she goes on a tear to end the season and make a deep run but if she is scoring 50 points a game she's not getting 15 assists and quite honestly that probably means the rest of the team isn't doing squat out there and they will lose. Caitlin is good, but she can't get them to the championship game all by herself. Maybe the Final Four, depending on the matchups to get there, but at some point they will play a team where other people are going to have to step up.

I very clearly identified what stood out yo.me about the talking point. I even went so far as to point out I don't know caitlyns situation. What I do care about is how covid will impact the record books and multiple years of eligibility being granted by the NCAA.
Well as regards record books; i think it will ultimately be similar to when seasons started getting longer, bowl games started getting counted, etc.

We can always use games played as a qualifier. Aaron broke the Babe's HR record with 3,000 plus more at bats...

Apparently Clark has not taken or been impacted by a Covid season.
She just shows up and goes to work alongside her teammates.

I don’t watch much women’s BB, but did catch a few minutes of the Iowa game yesterday.

Clark is pretty amazing. I imagine there will be lots of envy in coming years as she gets all the PR and the WNBA makes her the face of the league. I fear lots of the criticism will be race-based and antagonistic.

Another example of why we can’t have nice things.
A lotta folks didn’t like Jesus Christ either. Doesn’t mean He was wrong though!

Not saying or intimating #22 is Jesus Christ by any stretch. ..just saying there are plenty of folks out there who are always taking shots at those whose actions are pretty straight-forward and honorable.

Reactions: abby97
Well as regards record books; i think it will ultimately be similar to when seasons started getting longer, bowl games started getting counted, etc.
Exactly. Changes the numbers for sure.

I think where I see this the most is in CFB or NFL. Like remember when a "ten win" CFB team was like a national title team, now its like, yeah but you played 14 games.

(It's an example guys I'm not looking to pick a KF fight. )

At least spell her name correctly you twat.

She'd have to play another year to have a shot at that record. I mean, it's possible if she goes on a tear to end the season and make a deep run but if she is scoring 50 points a game she's not getting 15 assists and quite honestly that probably means the rest of the team isn't doing squat out there and they will lose. Caitlin is good, but she can't get them to the championship game all by herself. Maybe the Final Four, depending on the matchups to get there, but at some point they will play a team where other people are going to have to step up.
She’ll pass it. She’s only 205 points away from tying Pete’s total. They have 7 regular season games left, and a minimum of one big ten tournament game, and one NCAA tournament game. That’s 9 games at a minimum, that would only be an average of 22.7 points a game. More than likely they’ll play quite a few more games than that though.

If she didn’t lose 6 games her freshman year because of Covid and 2 games her sophomore year because the team had Covid, she’d be knocking at the door of 4000.

A lotta folks didn’t like Jesus Christ either. Doesn’t mean He was wrong though!

Not saying or intimating #22 is Jesus Christ by any stretch. ..just saying there are plenty of folks out there who are always taking shots at those whose actions are pretty straight-forward and honorable.
Yeah, but my dad said Jesus didn’t work hard enough on defense.

Reactions: PAULA_C
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT