ADVERTISEMENT

So I dont know enough about the CC situation to speak directly to that, but I do agree with this lady in premise.

Comparing Caitlin to Pistol Pete is comparing Apples to Model T’s!

Pistol had 3 years of eligibility at most… plus Pete never has a 3 pt shot… and he would have had plenty of’em! And honestly, Pete was a better passer than Caitlin with less support.

Enjoy the ride! Caitlin is one helluva player! But Pistol Pete was too… as were his shooting contemporaries Calvin Murphy and Rick Mount!

She’ll pass it. She’s only 205 points away from tying Pete’s total. They have 7 regular season games left, and a minimum of one big ten tournament game, and one NCAA tournament game. That’s 9 games at a minimum, that would only be an average of 22.7 points a game. More than likely they’ll play quite a few more games than that though.

If she didn’t lose 6 games her freshman year because of Covid and 2 games her sophomore year because the team had Covid, she’d be knocking at the door of 4000.
For some reason I thought she had more ground to cover. Oh well, good luck to her.

Reactions: Chuck C
Comparing Caitlin to Pistol Pete is comparing Apples to Model T’s!

Pistol had 3 years of eligibility at most… plus Pete never has a 3 pt shot… and he would have had plenty of’em! And honestly, Pete was a better passer than Caitlin with less support.

Enjoy the ride! Caitlin is one helluva player! But Pistol Pete was too… as were his shooting contemporaries Calvin Murphy and Rick Mount!
All of this is true although the relative athletism of the leagues they play in are far different as well. But that just adds into the "you can't compare them to each other". And honestly, outside of a few internet mentions nobody is really making this comparison either.

Reactions: Bierhalter
OP starts thread with unadulterated lazy misinformation. Says “maybe there is something to this…”. Gets ass handed to him. Can’t be bothered to look on the back of the basketball card.
"Gets ass handed to him" because there are half a dozen ways to spell a name.

I fixed it dude. It unfortunate you were born with a small penis.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
All of this is true although the relative athletism of the leagues they play in are far different as well. But that just adds into the "you can't compare them to each other". And honestly, outside of a few internet mentions nobody is really making this comparison either.
You are right…Pete and his game were miles ahead of his time…..and Caitlin’s. And Pete played for his dad, too! ;)

Reactions: ZumaHawk
"Gets ass handed to him" because there are half a dozen ways to spell a name.

I fixed it dude. It unfortunate you were born with a small penis.
You still don’t understand that you started a disinformation thread crediting the dissembler. Spelling Caitlin’s name correctly is the least you could do.

Interesting that you want to discuss dicks though.

Comparing Caitlin to Pistol Pete is comparing Apples to a Tesla!

FIFY. Do you seriously read any of the previous posts? I've already destroyed any thoughts of PP being a better player than CC. PP shot almost 20 times more per game than CC, 38 to 19.5. PP was not a deep shooter as his free throw attempts at 14/games vs. CC's 6.8 would show you that much. Even when the NBA added the 3 points shot, he rarely tried one. His NBA assist to TO ration was terrible, 5.4/3.7. Clark's isn't good at 8.0/5.7. She averages more rebounds as well. PP played for his old man who let him shoot as much as he wanted. PP put up nearly 3,200 shots in 3 years and CC is nearing 2,400 in four years. CC can play another 40 games before she puts up 3,200 shots! Iowa is winning without a decent center or second guard...

You still don’t understand that you started a disinformation thread crediting the dissembler. Spelling Caitlin’s name correctly is the least you could do.

Interesting that you want to discuss dicks though.
Read the OP again. It isn't my intention to discuss the inaccuracies of the lady. I was focused on how records will be impacted by number or years played or games played per year.

Nobody wants to talk about dicks bud, youe reaping was indicative of someone born with a small penis.

Whole lot of disinformation in that conversation
More than just about anything I’ve heard recently, Swoopes’ remarks merit this response:

200w.gif

Read the OP again. It isn't my intention to discuss the inaccuracies of the lady. I was focused on how records will be impacted by number or years played or games played per year.

Nobody wants to talk about dicks bud, youe reaping was indicative of someone born with a small penis.
Ever heard of an asterisk? Why you chose this video to make your point is some low rent decision making.

Pete played in a segregated conference.
And Caitlin plays in a Conference that allows them to play. So what the phuque??
All the National Championships Kentucky won back in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s don’t count? Back when these guys played, a lot of things were different!
Pete and Alcindor might be the two best college basketball era I ever saw play in my 74 years. (And “dunking” wasn’t allowed!)

Ever heard of an asterisk? Why you chose this video to make your point is some low rent decision making.
Alright, I'll bite, what is your theory in all this? Why did I pick this example of someone talking about the covid year impacting records to discuss how records are often unequal?

• Haha
Alright, I'll bite, what is your theory in all this? Why did I pick this example of someone talking about the covid year impacting records to discuss how records are often unequal?
The $10,000,000 question. This topic has been ripe since Roger Maris hit 61* but you chose the generational thinker Sherrol Swoops to make your point.

The $10,000,000 question. This topic has been ripe since Roger Maris hit 61* but you chose the generational thinker Sherrol Swoops to make your point.
So you don't have an answer...

For me the driver of this CFB being a 15 game season right now. This just happened to discuss the covjd year, which in addition to the "15" game season makes records very obtainable.

I don't give a shit about swoops, as stated in the OP.

And Caitlin plays in a Conference that allows them to play. So what the phuque??
All the National Championships Kentucky won back in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s don’t count? Back when these guys played, a lot of things were different!
Yes, a lot of things were different. Adolph Rupp won several championships with Kentucky in the 1940s and 1950s when the tournament was only 8 or 16 teams and they got in almost every year by virtue of being the best team in an all-white conference.

Of the teams that were part of the SEC at the time Maravich played, only 4 teams aside from Kentucky ever even reached the NCAA Tournament prior to integration and only two of them ever won a game. In 1953, LSU beat Division III Lehigh Valley and then Holy Cross to advance to the Final Four, where they got smoked by Indiana. The Tigers made it back to the tournament the following year but lost their opening game to Penn State. It was their last tournament appearance for 25 years. They never even made it into the tournament with Maravich.

Tennessee’s only NCAA Tournament appearance prior to integration was in 1967. They lost their opening game to Dayton and they lost their consolation game to Indiana.

The only other team to reach the tournament prior to integration was Mississippi State. An unwritten state law prohibited MSU and Ole Miss from playing against Black players. So when the Bulldogs won the SEC regular season title in 1963 and got invited to the NCAA Tournament, they used decoy players to trick the authorities while the real players secretly boarded a charter flight to Michigan, where they lost their opening game to Loyola.

Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, and Florida never reached the NCAA Tournament prior to integration.

Even Kentucky’s resume wasn’t that impressive in the 1960s. Their last national title under Adolph Rupp was in 1958 when they beat Seattle, who was led by future Hall of Famer Elgin Baylor. Seattle had a double-digit lead until Baylor was forced to sit on the bench for most of the second half with foul trouble.

Kentucky only had one more Final Four appearance under Rupp - the 1966 team that famously lost the title game to Don Haskins and his all-Black starting lineup from Texas Western.

In the three seasons that Maravich played on the varsity team, the entire Southeastern Conference won a grand total of 2 NCAA Tournament games - both by Kentucky. They won one game his sophomore season and one game his senior season.

So, yeah, things were different back then.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
FIFY. Do you seriously read any of the previous posts? I've already destroyed any thoughts of PP being a better player than CC. PP shot almost 20 times more per game than CC, 38 to 19.5. PP was not a deep shooter as his free throw attempts at 14/games vs. CC's 6.8 would show you that much. Even when the NBA added the 3 points shot, he rarely tried one. His NBA assist to TO ration was terrible, 5.4/3.7. Clark's isn't good at 8.0/5.7. She averages more rebounds as well. PP played for his old man who let him shoot as much as he wanted. PP put up nearly 3,200 shots in 3 years and CC is nearing 2,400 in four years. CC can play another 40 games before she puts up 3,200 shots! Iowa is winning without a decent center or second guard...
‘Even when the NBA added the 3 points shot, he rarely tried one.’

Might want to drop this one. It was put into the NBA his last year when he was a shell.
Side note he was 10-15 66% so if the line had been put in earlier……

‘Even when the NBA added the 3 points shot, he rarely tried one.’

Might want to drop this one. It was put into the NBA his last year when he was a shell.
Side note he was 10-15 66% so if the line had been put in earlier……
I said he rarely took one. 5 shots/year sounds rare to me. The 3 pointer was in effect for the last 3 ( three ) years of his career. His forte was to drive, dish ( between his legs or behind his back or around the defender ) slashing bank shots or fade aways in the lane. CC forte is the 28 - 32 foot shot, but, but she can also drive if over played. PP's terrible and I mean turrible 5.1/3.7 turnover ratio would put him on today's NBA bench. Fred Brown was a better player than PP....

• Haha
I said he rarely took one. 5 shots/year sounds rare to me. The 3 pointer was in effect for the last 3 ( three ) years of his career. His forte was to drive, dish ( between his legs or behind his back or around the defender ) slashing bank shots or fade aways in the lane. CC forte is the 28 - 32 foot shot, but, but she can also drive if over played. PP's terrible and I mean turrible 5.1/3.7 turnover ratio would put him on today's NBA bench. Fred Brown was a better player than PP....
My research must be off. I am seeing the 3 point shot being put in 1979 and Maravich retiring in 80. If you can link the 3 years he had the 3 pt shot I can correct my position.
FYI the first year of the 3 pt shot in the NBA teams averaged 3 shots a game. It was lightly used.
Not sure how Downtown got in here, loved him but for some reason my Mom did not, she was a huge JJ fan.
Looking forward to the links correcting my stats.

My research must be off. I am seeing the 3 point shot being put in 1979 and Maravich retiring in 80. If you can link the 3 years he had the 3 pt shot I can correct my position.
FYI the first year of the 3 pt shot in the NBA teams averaged 3 shots a game. It was lightly used.
Not sure how Downtown got in here, loved him but for some reason my Mom did not, she was a huge JJ fan.
Looking forward to the links correcting my stats.

Been an interesting conversation but there’s almost no way you can truly compare the style of the two different eras. To say nothing of the fact that women’s hoops didn’t really exist in any recognizable shape back then either.

Sheryl does college games. She either knows better or is choosing to lie.
I think there’s a component of race here no one wants to discuss.
The black girls dislike her. And really want to to best her/ shut her down. They just can’t comprehend that cc is an amazing athlete
There absolutely is a racial component to Swoopes’ remarks, just as there was with Dawn Staley’s various comments. There are a limited number of roster spots in the WNBA and it infuriates Swoopes that some skinny white girl is going to take a black woman’s job away from her.

I tried to find this episode of the Gil’s Arena podcast because I wanted to see if there was more context that was missing from the short clips I’ve seen on Twitter. I haven’t found it yet but I did find another episode where I fast forwarded to a random point in the podcast and Swoopes was complaining that A’ja Wilson should be the face of the WNBA but isn’t, and she blamed racism for it. I’m assuming that was a thinly veiled shot at Breanna Stewart.

If Caitlin was as petty as I am, she would wear a Loyola Ramblers hoodie during warmups at Iowa’s next game. But she’s above that sort of thing, so it won’t happen.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT