ADVERTISEMENT

So I dont know enough about the CC situation to speak directly to that, but I do agree with this lady in premise.

I said he rarely took one. 5 shots/year sounds rare to me. The 3 pointer was in effect for the last 3 ( three ) years of his career. His forte was to drive, dish ( between his legs or behind his back or around the defender ) slashing bank shots or fade aways in the lane. CC forte is the 28 - 32 foot shot, but, but she can also drive if over played. PP's terrible and I mean turrible 5.1/3.7 turnover ratio would put him on today's NBA bench. Fred Brown was a better player than PP....
No - this is incorrect. The 3 point shot came into the NBA in the 79-80 season which was Pete's last one. He split time between the Jazz and the Celtics that year. He went 10-15 from 3 point range in 43 games. He only shot 4 (making 3) for the Celtics in 26 games.

Really sad these great former players can't help but hate on CC bc she's a white girl. The race based brainwashing has wrecked these people's perspectives completely. They should be celebrating what CC has meant for women's bball. I remember when Swoopes was at Texas Tech and at the time she was one of the most dynamic players women's bball had seen. I remember making a point to watch her then bc it was cool to see a great player among her peers, and her race was meaningless.

Really sad these great former players can't help but hate on CC bc she's a white girl. The race based brainwashing has wrecked these people's perspectives completely. They should be celebrating what CC has meant for women's bball. I remember when Swoopes was at Texas Tech and at the time she was one of the most dynamic players women's bball had seen. I remember making a point to watch her then bc it was cool to see a great player among her peers, and her race was meaningless.

I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that for at least some of these former players or coaches it’s jealousy not racial. I’ll fully admit to not watching Swopes much when she played. Part of that was me not being as invested in womens hoops at the time and also because media coverage simply wasn’t there. It’s SO much easier to find women’s games now, heck even 2 or 3 years ago you were more likely to find Iowa women’s games on BTN+ than on all other forms of media combined.

Doesn’t excuse what she said, and heck, she might actually be racially motivated here and I’m wrong.

All I know is that this conversation is just getting ridiculous.

I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that for at least some of these former players or coaches it’s jealousy not racial. I’ll fully admit to not watching Swopes much when she played. Part of that was me not being as invested in womens hoops at the time and also because media coverage simply wasn’t there. It’s SO much easier to find women’s games now, heck even 2 or 3 years ago you were more likely to find Iowa women’s games on BTN+ than on all other forms of media combined.

Doesn’t excuse what she said, and heck, she might actually be racially motivated here and I’m wrong.

All I know is that this conversation is just getting ridiculous.
last year I was 100% sure LSU was racially motivated because the LSU players made comments to support that motivation

i actually do think there is some racism impacting the views some have on clark. not across the board but with some for sure.

not sure if anyone listens to jj reddick’s podcast but a few months ago (maybe longer) he talked about some of the racial things said to him during the time he was at duke and receiving lots of media coverage during his poy run. caitlin clark‘s situation is very similar to his in my opinion.

My research must be off. I am seeing the 3 point shot being put in 1979 and Maravich retiring in 80.
You are correct. They list 2 different teams he played for in that last year, plus a total. 3 point line might have added points for Rick Mount but not so much PP. Either way he wasn't a long range shooter, that why he had so many free throws. Seldom get fouled on long range shots...

I suppose next they are going to say that all of Jordan Bohannon’s records shouldn’t count because he played at iowa for 6 years.

It’s a joke bud. Just like people thinking the records Jordan set were legit records
No, I was getting that.

Heck, Caitlyn actually LOST games because of the pandemic and she’s still breaking all these records.

theres stuff she does that I can understand the criticism - I’d like to see her turning to the officials less after non-calls for example. But so much of this is just stupid.

This sure has been a boon for Sheryl Swoopes's Q Rating. I don't think she was ever got this much pub in the 90's. If Cynthia Cooper and Teresa Weatherspoon have any common sense they're about to release a podcast calling Caitlin Clark a Russian plant to destroy American basketball by normalizing low-percentage shot and pass attempts.

Reactions: Chuck C
In looking for the full episode of the podcast I stumbled across this one from last October when they discussed the Crossover at Kinnick. They talked about the largest crowds they ever played for and Rashad McCants confidently declared that the Dean Smith Center had 26,000 every game. The others even checked him on it and he insisted it was 26,000 every game.

The Smith Center capacity is 21,750. The guy played three years at North Carolina and doesn't even know how many fans the arena holds.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT