ADVERTISEMENT

So, I heard the entire team is kneeling during the national anthem

They can leave their whiney ass protest out of my sports. Go stand on on a street corner with a sign if you're so woke.
Don't disrespect those people that fought for our country because you want to protest.
Do it on your own time. Not during our national anthem that is supposed unite us all.
Assholes

They can leave their whiney ass protest out of my sports. Go stand on on a street corner with a sign if you're so woke.
Don't disrespect those people that fought for our country because you want to protest.
Do it on your own time. Not during our national anthem that is supposed unite us all.
Assholes
Why does it matter. They are American and they have the right to free speech. Let them do it if they want to.

Assholes

Going to go out on a limb here...1) you're white 2) over 40. 3) from a town with a population below 1k.

These soldiers fought for the right for our freedom which includes speech. Unless you've been judged and given not the same advantage because of something you have no choice in like the color of your skin then drop it and move on.

Assholes
Your sports? Get over yourself bud. It really has nothing to do with you.

anybody heard anything different?
Apparently Merriweather said if you have a problem with it, then don't bother watching the Hawks?
I hope this isn't true
To be fair Merriweather did back track his comments.

Going to go out on a limb here...1) you're white 2) over 40. 3) from a town with a population below 1k.

These soldiers fought for the right for our freedom which includes speech. Unless you've been judged and given not the same advantage because of something you have no choice in like the color of your skin then drop it and move on.
All this could be true, and at least some of it is, but I guarantee one thing is true. Pawk is an A-hole.

Go Hawks, and God Bless America.

That's right but the person who finds it offensive has that same free speech right. That has always bothered me with that argument.

I personally don't get upset over it. But I know people it bothers. I can see their point.

How dare you rationally see both sides of the argument in this day and age?!?!
They absolutely have the right to do it if they so choose, and IF they do choose, I’ll likely get more done around the house than I normally would during a Hawkeye football game.

Let me go out on a different limb here: 1) you always think you’re right 2) you have a total inability to see another persons point of view 3) you make gross generalizations of people based on their views of a single issue.
Did I did that right?

No, actually people are free to have whatever opinion they want about kneeling.

If I were at the game I would not be kneeling or sitting. if they ever get pissed at fans who do not sit or kneel then F them at that point.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Assholes

“My sports?”

You aren’t playing, bro. Start your own league for washed up, triggered, shit heads.

17m9dkt9hgl31.jpg

anybody heard anything different?
Apparently Merriweather said if you have a problem with it, then don't bother watching the Hawks?
I hope this isn't true
They can do summersaults, stand on their heads, or whatever - and black lives will be no better in the next decade and beyond. The only problem I would have is if they pressure others to kneel who don’t believe this act will do one flipping thing to help the black community.

No, he’s Asain. He actually met and talked to his grandparents who were put into internment camps by FDR. He endured all the prejudice about his heritage over the years, and despite this, became educated, followed the rules, and now makes more $ than the white privilege folks.

So they're going to kneel during the anthem and piss off a bunch of people who can do nothing about the thing they're protesting. Sounds productive....... You would think maybe more thought should go into problem solving the situation and taking real action rather than showing everyone what a lemming you can be. JMO

I'm fine with them taking a knee. I actually see it as a respectable way to make a statement. If they were ignoring or talking through the national anthem would show disrespect, in my opinion. Being still and quite during the anthem is showing respect and doing so on one knee is showing respect yet making a statement that we still have work to do to right wrongs.
Don't you religious people kneel before the lord to show your respect? Or are those kneelers in the catholic church disrespecting the almighty?

So they're going to kneel during the anthem and piss off a bunch of people who can do nothing about the thing they're protesting. Sounds productive....... You would think maybe more thought should go into problem solving the situation and taking real action rather than showing everyone what a lemming you can be. JMO

What are they protesting anyway, I forget

To all those people who say kneeling offends troops, don’t you realize they are fighting for these kids to have the right to say what they think?
not all military members & vets agree with kneeling during the anthem. all the kneeling issue has done is further divide this country.

here's the deal: Players know they are gonna piss people off when they kneel during the anthem so why not COMPROMISE & kneel before the opening tip in basketball or before the opening kick off in football, when ALL EYES ARE ON YOU? wouldn't that be less divisive?

One would imagine this issue would be made public in a formal announcement. I'll wait to see what the official statement says.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT