ADVERTISEMENT

Song your spouse/significant other hates but you love

She is not a fan of Mr. Jimmy Buffet. I have overlooked this flaw throughout our marriage.
Good lord.

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

A song? My entire catalog of music she doesn't like, and I don't like hers. I've probably gone to 30-40 concerts since marrying her, she's probably been to 15-20. We've gone to one together, and it was one she wanted to go to, I took her just to be nice and regretted it one measure into the first song (it was Kenny Chesney at the fair circa 2001-2002ish).

My wife asked me, "WTF ARE YOU LISTENING TO???" when she walked in on me listening to Jason Isbell's Elephant right when he got to the "If I'd fvcked her before she got sick" line....

Doesn't matter after I explained what he meant by that in the grand scope of the song, she HATES it.

0:53 mark.

My wife asked me, "WTF ARE YOU LISTENING TO???" when she walked in on me listening to Jason Isbell's Elephant right when he got to the "If I'd fvcked her before she got sick" line....

Doesn't matter after I explained what he meant by that in the grand scope of the song, she HATES it.

0:53 mark.

My wife can't get into Isbell at all. I consider him probably the most prolific Americana songwriter since Dylan

My wife hates Oasis. I love Wonderwall.
Roles reversed for us on that one.

The correct answer to the question is all my favorite songs that aren’t Nirvana, AIC, Cake or Beck. But this one recently she viscerally reacted to and couldn’t take even a second of the other day. To me it’s a Keith Levene guitar masterpiece. To her its ear grating noise. I mean it is somewhat, but it’s fascinating playing:

I had Lithium on on Sirius and ran into a store while my wife stayed in the truck. Closer by Nine Inch Nails came on. She was quite disgusted.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DBQStarHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT