ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry America, this is just who you are now

Here you go, this is just the last 50 years of history: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mass-shootings-in-america/

What it shows is that we're getting more efficient at killing ourselves. You seem inclined to blame the music/games. I think you might look at the advances in weaponry.
Did you read your article? The graph from 1965 - 2015 clearly shows a disturbing trend from 1980 on. Before that, you had back to back years of no mass killings. After 1980, they occurred nearly every year and much more often. Something changed - maybe it was Reagan.

Enough of America has seen the radical left and quite frankly the thought of being disarmed in the midst of such tyranny is not even remotely a consideration.

Enough of America has seen the radical left and quite frankly the thought of being disarmed in the midst of such tyranny is not even remotely a consideration.
Stop posting. Please. You come here with the same predictable responses time after time. We know your view. Just stop.

ormer Fox News host Bill O’Reilly called the mass shooting at a Las Vegas music festival “the price of freedom” in a blog post on his website Monday.

“Public safety demands logical gun laws but the issue is so polarizing and emotional that little will be accomplished as there is no common ground,” O’Reilly wrote in the post. “The NRA and its supporters want easy access to weapons, while the left wants them banned.”

“This is the price of freedom," he continued. "Violent nuts are allowed to roam free until they do damage, no matter how threatening they are."

O’Reilly said his experiences covering gun-related crimes showed him that “government restrictions will not stop psychopaths from harming people” because “they will find a way.”

“The Second Amendment is clear that Americans have a right to arm themselves for protection,” O’Reilly wrote. “Even the loons
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/353503-bill-oreilly-las-vegas-shooting-the-price-of-freedom

Hardly.

The right won't stop and realize we have a gun problem until its their loved ones lieing dead. Where does it stop? Do we all have to start carrying machine guns? Then maybe bazookas? Where does it end?

I've stayed out of posting in these threads bc there is too much emotion and partisanship surfacing already. That said, you should be ashamed of this post Belem. Some murderous asshole doesn't represent America or me or anyone else any more than a suicide bomber represents Islam or Saudi Arabia.
True. However, "we the people" seem to lump all Muslims inrto a single lot based on the actions of a damned few.
This act by one sick bleep who deserved to suffer a miserable death, doesn't represent who we all are... the hundreds of people lining up to give blood right now do though. The hundreds of people that went back into the shooting zone repeatedly do as well. What you say is mostly correct...except you forget, we Americans view this as a one way street.
Just bc you want an outcome you prefer, doesn't give you the right to label any of us based in the act of one person. And he certainly doesn't represent America.

From WWII on, the world seems to have desensitized itself with regards to "a single human life", and the line of thought that the only way to "make it fair" - to redress some sort of perceived injustice is not only to kill, but to kill as many as possible.

The Holocaust, the atom bomb, Russian pogroms to suppress communist opposition, Japanese atrocities in China, US body counts, NVN re-education camps, the blurring of who is the good guy and who isn't...who cares about one person going off on himself when that person can take 10 or 50 or 100 or thousands or millions with him.

One human life just ain't enough any more. And more and more people, given the information age we now live in where we now can see across the globe any of these events as they happen - a lot of people just plain have lost faith in humanity to Make Life Fair. They don't want to live in it any more and feel the only way they get heard is to take as many with them as possible on their way out.

Man's inhumanity towards Man...

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
From WWII on, the world seems to have desensitized itself with regards to "a single human life", and the line of thought that the only way to "make it fair" - to redress some sort of perceived injustice is not only to kill, but to kill as many as possible.

The Holocaust, the atom bomb, Russian pogroms to suppress communist opposition, Japanese atrocities in China, US body counts, NVN re-education camps, the blurring of who is the good guy and who isn't...who cares about one person going off on himself when that person can take 10 or 50 or 100 or thousands or millions with him.

One human life just ain't enough any more. And more and more people, given the information age we now live in where we now can see across the globe any of these events as they happen - a lot of people just plain have lost faith in humanity to Make Life Fair. They don't want to live in it any more and feel the only way they get heard is to take as many with them as possible on their way out.

Man's inhumanity towards Man...

You really think mass murder didn't start happening until WWII?

Yeah you're right I really connect with this maniac. Jesus you're stupid.
Find an adult and have them explain the issue to you. Clearly the post went over your head. But don't worry, you had company.

Early on you just wanted to blame this on
video games
or rock music
then it was "thugs" and "gang members"
or muslims
or liberals or conservatives
or the insane

The truth is, you just like shooting people. You'd rather burn the place to the ground than give that up. No number of dead school kids or concert goers will ever change that. This is you.
You're onto something. Mass shootings dramatically increased after the 1980's. Interestingly coinciding when music and video games had segments that focused on killing? What year did guns enter the market? I think adding prescription drug pushing to the list would make sense too.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/722254001/

Find an adult and have them explain the issue to you. Clearly the post went over your head. But don't worry, you had company.
Clearly many psyche patients running free that used to be in wards. Laws have changed why don't you try to keep up but it sounds like you are incapable of that.

Clearly many psyche patients running free that used to be in wards. Laws have changed why don't you try to keep up but it sounds like you are incapable of that.
Interesting. White guy so we're blaming mental health again. You know statistically the mentally ill are no more violent than the rest of the population?

I didn't write the laws dude. Nor did I research why they were written. I took a guess to answer your question.

The right won't stop and realize we have a gun problem until its their loved ones lieing dead. Where does it stop? Do we all have to start carrying machine guns? Then maybe bazookas? Where does it end?
It will end when voters elect Super majorities to end it. How many people refused to vote for Hillary while knowing she held the most promising path towards addressing gun violence? People just don't care enough about gun violence to do what needs to be done to address it.

Early on you just wanted to blame this on
video games
or rock music
then it was "thugs" and "gang members"
or muslims
or liberals or conservatives
or the insane

The truth is, you just like shooting people. You'd rather burn the place to the ground than give that up. No number of dead school kids or concert goers will ever change that. This is you.
What's the point of having guns if you never use 'em?

You really think mass murder didn't start happening until WWII?

No, I think the more of the world as a whole discovered it was happening during the 20's on, call it WWI actually where it started, it matured by WWII - and kept growing astronomically after.

The world got a lot smaller during that period. Radio, motion pictures, newspapers, telephones, satellite communications, then the internet...only now, we see the world for what it is now. We can sit in our living room and see it happen, live. And not from just your hometown...here in Iowa I can see what's occurring in just about every country in the world if I want to find it...and a lot of times, even if I don't want to find it.

My theory is...the average ordinary human being wasn't made to be able to handle emotionally this informational overload. Most all adapt...a precious few don't. Too many people are falling through the cracks, yet now they have the means to take out their frustrations on masses of other humans.

Sometimes, I believe our technological advances have been a curse...

If we agree it's impossible to identify these individuals beforehand and impossible to ban guns then we need to think outside the box regarding security measures without devolving our society into a police state. Need development in ranged incapacitation technology? Better survaillance systems in public places. Just tax the 1% they can afford it

So you’re stating you’d be willing to murder your fellow citizens over political ideology? You’re a weird one.

Murder? What is wrong with you?

Defend myself against absolute tyranny? Yes!

Pick up a history book and you'll learn a thing or two as to how we became Americans.

Murder? What is wrong with you?

Defend myself against absolute tyranny? Yes!

Pick up a history book and you'll learn a thing or two as to how we became Americans.

Your over reliance on hyperbole and exaggeration towards the boogeyman leftists concern me. Does Antifa have you surrounded? Have any examples of recent tyrannical actions that would require you to defend yourself with deadly force? You live in a fantasy world.

Your over reliance on hyperbole and exaggeration towards the boogeyman leftists concern me. Does Antifa have you surrounded? Have any examples of recent tyrannical actions that would require you to defend yourself with deadly force? You live in a fantasy world.

Don't let me concern you. I'm harmless. I'm well armed and I'm a freedom loving American who stays in my own lane. I'm the last person you should be concerned with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT