ADVERTISEMENT

South Park nails it

Read what I posted above.
People going to Mexico for cheap dental work and elective surgeries (most of which are cosmetic) doesn't remotely mean Mexico has a superior health care system to the US overall. Surely that wasn't your conclusion from reading that article?

I don’t think you understand by now that I’ve mentioned multiple times that I’m not against free health care as long as we are going to compensate people that were working at jobs solely for the insurance they offered.
I get that it’s either work at a good/enjoyable company and have shit/no healthcare or work at a shit job with good healthcare.
You aren’t focused on improving both types of companies, you just want to focus on your small company and then make people leave behind everything they’ve earned at the crap better healthcare company because they can now get the same insurance at the small company. You forget that tenure at a company means something as well and not everyone wants to start a new job when they are older in age.
So like I’ve mentioned. Let’s not just focus on better healthcare for small companies but let’s focus on better pay for large companies as well.
Let’s focus on both?

I don’t think you understand by now that I’ve mentioned multiple times that I’m not against free health care as long as we are going to compensate people that were working at jobs solely for the insurance they offered.
I get that it’s either work at a good/enjoyable company and have shit/no healthcare or work at a shit job with good healthcare.
You aren’t focused on improving both types of companies, you just want to focus on your small company and then make people leave behind everything they’ve earned at the crap better healthcare company because they can now get the same insurance at the small company. You forget that tenure at a company means something as well and not everyone wants to start a new job when they are older in age.
So like I’ve mentioned. Lets not just focus on better healthcare for small companies but let’s focus on better pay for large companies as well.
you think me saying healthcare shouldn't be directly coupled with employment means i want to force people to leave companies and have to work somewhere else?

you can't really think that...i'm sorry, even for this board, that's over the top

Reactions: Tom Paris
There’s no such thing as “free”. You’re young now, but you’ll realize one day that “free” means taxpayer money.

I said they should fix the system to cut down on unnecessary spending, profiteering and general waste so that it’s more efficient and affordable.

A CEO shouldn’t make $30 mil a year from a system that collects premium from someone for decades and then denies them coverage when they get cancer.
Kinda like a person shouldn’t be a career politician making plenty of money and never having to worry about healthcare again in his/her life. While making life/healthcare difficult for every other working person.

Kinda like a person shouldn’t be a career politician making plenty of money and never having to worry about healthcare again in his/her life. While making life/healthcare difficult for every other working person.
I agree on that. You’re clearly discontent with the current system as well so why are you arguing against reformation of it?

you're right...the people making those healthcare decisions should be nameless corporate executives with a financial incentive to deny as much coverage as possible

that's the system we need to fight to maintain!

you think me saying healthcare shouldn't be directly coupled with employment means i want to force people to leave companies and have to work somewhere else?

you can't really think that...i'm sorry, even for this board, that's over the top
Dude, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.
I think you’re interpreting what I’m trying to say or something because I don’t get what you’re getting at, at all.

I wasn’t attacked in this post no. But I have been in plenty of others.

That would be great, I’d love that as well but has it ever been that way? We keep wanting to make programs and have support for people that choose the job they enjoy more but don’t do anything for the people working a job they dislike because they need the insurance.

All I’m saying is if we have better insurance for everyone, we better be making sure to have better pay for everyone as well.

Well all of those people now have the opportunity now to leave a job they hate that they were keeping just for the insurance and go to a job they enjoy more that maybe didn't have the insurance.

Sounds to me like that's good for them too.

you're right...the people making those healthcare decisions should be nameless corporate executives with a financial incentive to deny as much coverage as possible

that's the system we need to fight to maintain!
Or make a politician have to pay for his/her insurance and maybe they would actually give two shits about everyone else when they actually have to deal with it themselves.

Well all of those people now have the opportunity now to leave a job they hate that they were keeping just for the insurance and go to a job they enjoy more that maybe didn't have the insurance.

I’ll reply for him.

Well you know, that’s how it’s always been and in the past you’ve always had to choose between working for a small business and going to the doctor so we should never try to change it. Blah blah blah

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye

defending shitty systems makes people twist themselves into interesting positions

defending shitty systems makes people twist themselves into interesting positions

I"m wondering when we will hear the "I went through this shitty situation, so everyone else must go through it, otherwise it's unfair to me."

That’s exactly the thing you aren’t listening to though. I wouldn’t hate my job if I was actually paid decently.
I would rather keep my job as I have some good retirement built up and would like to keep adding to it.
I’d rather be compensated with a better wage instead of having to find a job at a smaller company that now can offer great insurance

I"m wondering when we will hear the "I went through this shitty situation, so everyone else must go through it, otherwise it's unfair to me."
Yeah he did pull that card earlier on me.

I think he said if we want to make healthcare affordable to all then he should get a salary raise first or something stupid like that.

That’s exactly the thing you aren’t listening to though. I wouldn’t hate my job if I was actually paid decently.
I would rather keep my job as I have some good retirement built up and would like to keep adding to it.
I’d rather be compensated with a better wage instead of having to find a job at a smaller company that now can offer great insurance
why do think you wouldn't be able to keep your job?

Lol why would the U.S. improving its healthcare system mean you have to find a job at a small company?

Reactions: McLovin32
I’ll reply for him.

Well you know, that’s how it’s always been and in the past you’ve always had to choose between working for a small business and going to the doctor so we should never try to change it. Blah blah blah

This makes it pretty clear you guys only care about having better healthcare. Not actually make life better for people with crappy pay and good healthcare as well as people with good pay and crappy healthcare.

How can the government take care of ALL citizens EQUALLY?

Your words, not mine.

Taking from one to give to the other is equal?
Dude that’s really not even what this is about. We just need to have more affordable healthcare.

There’s nothing wrong with it being private but it needs to be regulated and competitive.

It’s current form is just racketeering

I did? He said they would have the opportunity to leave their job that they kept before for the insurance.

Again why does that equate to you being forced to leave your job?
And I said I’d rather not leave and instead be compensated more appropriate.

Why did you assume that it meant I was being forced to leave my job when I never once said that?

This makes it pretty clear you guys only care about having better healthcare. Not actually make life better for people with crappy pay and good healthcare as well as people with good pay and crappy healthcare.

Again if you have crappy pay and good healthcare you can use this law to go get better pay.

This takes away the ability for your company to hold healthcare over your head.

I would for the record love to get universal healthcare here that isn't attached in any way to employment. But for what we could get the ACA was a gigantic step forward in the right direction.

Then find a company that pays you better? I'm failing to see what the problem is here.

Reactions: McLovin32
If he isn't trolling, he might be the dumbest person on this board.
In a thread about a teacher being fired for being on Only Fans for extra income, he once compared that to someone selling drugs for extra money, getting arrested, then losing their job. He has a difficult time understanding much. And now he'll undoubtedly come back and accuse me of being you, and any other handle that's disagreed with him in this thread. It's easier for him to think I'm every poster that "attacks" him than it is for him to understand that he just has a ton of bad takes on just about everything.

In a thread about a teacher being fired for being on Only Fans for extra income, he once compared that to someone selling drugs for extra money, getting arrested, then losing their job. He has a difficult time understanding much. And now he'll undoubtedly come back and accuse me of being you, and any other handle that's disagreed with him in this thread. It's easier for him to think I'm every poster that "attacks" him than it is for him to understand that he just has a ton of bad takes on just about everything.

I think it's safe to say he's just dumb at this point. It would be a hell of a troll job to be this consistently stupid.

Dude makes conclusions that make zero sense, and you can't argue with it because it's just complete nonsense.

I think it's safe to say he's just dumb at this point. It would be a hell of a troll job to be this consistently stupid.

Dude makes conclusions that make zero sense, and you can't argue with it because it's just complete nonsense.
giphy.gif

66.5% of bankruptcies in the US are due to medical debt. 79 MILLION Americans have problems with medical debt.

If you're a european and you're traveling and you are injured nearly anywhere in the world you're covered by your insurance. Except if you're in the US.

Countries with universal health care coverage in green.

mf%20healthcaremap%20p.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT