ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle results/discussion(day 1)

A lot of Schriever conmparisons being thrown around - Clark, Slaton, Juergens. I'll go with McDonough. Doesn't quite have Clark's ability on top, but applies a lot of pressure and I imagine it's very draining for his opponent. He also has that McDonough mean streak on the mat.

I like that comp. He put on a brutal ride, I think he had nearly 4 mins of riding time. if his opponent wasn’t taking a nap on bottom we would have seen a turn or two. Cullan looks strong. I’m excited for his future.
Watched him in high school. The injuries limited him at the end, but when he was 100%, he was a machine.

Schroeder gets pinned
Matthews loses by tf

Rathjen on deck mat 3
Bennett on deck mat 5

A lot of Schriever conmparisons being thrown around - Clark, Slaton, Juergens. I'll go with McDonough. Doesn't quite have Clark's ability on top, but applies a lot of pressure and I imagine it's very draining for his opponent. He also has that McDonough mean streak on the mat.
I think we'd all settle for a combination of all those guys. 😃

Bennett wins 10-3. Rathjen with the bulky knee brace. Not see any mobility/strengh issues though. Up 9-1 start of the 3rd.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Looks like Rathjen's absence has been due to a hosed up knee. That sucks.

I wish Facundo was on Kennedy's side of the bracket. Would have been a good warmup before O'Toole. Hall from West Virginia is having a good year though, so that should be a good one.

Just noticed Mauller is wrestling 157... Could be an issue for Mizzou next year as I believe Jacques still has another year of eligibility. Unless Mauller is just wrestling up during his RS year.

Just noticed Mauller is wrestling 157... Could be an issue for Mizzou next year as I believe Jacques still has another year of eligibility. Unless Mauller is just wrestling up during his RS year.
Issue for Jacques who has not been wrestling that well.

Reactions: jrod65
How in the eff is that a stalemate and not real stalling on bottom with :30 left..? Options are move and give up points or the stall call. That’s the punishment for hitting a poor sit out and getting your arm put on your back. That was a poorly officiated sequence.
That ref was horrendous. Made me wonder if he and Reyna have a history because it was so bad it was comical. It was obvious from the opening whistle he wanted Reyna to lose. Thankfully there was a large talent gap and the ref couldn’t steal it.

I wish Facundo was on Kennedy's side of the bracket. Would have been a good warmup before O'Toole. Hall from West Virginia is having a good year though, so that should be a good one.
Don’t sleep on Sparks from Minny. He is a tough it for anyone. 165 has enough horse power that if Kennedy makes the finals he will be plenty tuned up.

Robles and McClimon both lose. Kennedy coming to mat 3 now.

Swafford in the hole mat 5

Reactions: Vallholl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT